Impact of skills on professions

I wish too but i lost 17 lvls elec damage on MF after change.

*Anyone remember what contributed big and was newer gained with MF healing ?

That's because the mindforce professions were completely changed, it's a separate issue.

In the old-style mindforce Kill Strike contributed to the damage profession, now it doesn't. It's discussed earlier in the thread.

Based on what Dan said in another thread:

From Vehicles i got what was used to be robot skill set gain.
electronic
mechanic
robotology
science
perception
inteligence
probing
computer
analysis
scan technology

but no LWT

I had a play with the figures to see if copying the Robot Investigator contributions, with 50% Scan Technology replacing 50% Scan Robot, worked with my Technology Investigator profession, and it did. I don't have Robotology or Scientist though.

Technology Investigator doesn't seem to be on the list, maybe it's a new skill?

Actually I think the following professions are missing from the list:
- Captain
- Spacecraft Engineering
- Gunner
- Tier Upgrader
- Vehicle Structural Engineer
- Vehicle Engineer
- Treasure Hunter
- Archaeologist
- Technology Investigator

I haven't read all the posts just the initial listed professions at start.

Technology Investigator doesn't seem to be on the list, maybe it's a new skill?

Actually I think the following professions are missing from the list:
- Captain
- Spacecraft Engineering
- Gunner
- Tier Upgrader
- Vehicle Structural Engineer
- Vehicle Engineer
- Treasure Hunter
- Archaeologist
- Technology Investigator

I haven't read all the posts just the initial listed professions at start.

Yeah, the newer professions need some work. Jdegre may have more up to date information on the chipping optimiser than is listed on this thread.

Sorry if this is more hijacking then helping...

Space Craft Systems
On entropedia it says that this skill isn't hidden.
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Skill&id=165

According to this tweet: "Unlocked the new skill Space Craft Systems at Planet Calypso!"
https://twitter.com/#!/Stormwing_ED/status/95287940162392064

It was unlocked by the pro level: "Gained level 5 in the Gunner (Hit) profession at Planet Calypso!"
https://twitter.com/#!/Stormwing_ED/status/95287933392797697

So is this skill actually hidden? Would be nice to confirm this...
I hope this info helps you in some way, either way keep up the good work!

edit: I updated the info on entropedia I think it is hidden!

Last edited:

Space Craft Systems

According to this tweet: "Unlocked the new skill Space Craft Systems at Planet Calypso!"

It was unlocked by the pro level: "Gained level 5 in the Gunner (Hit) profession at Planet Calypso!"

Good find, it sure looks like an unlockable skill, level 05 is not unusual either, seems there is at least one more unlock down the road then.

(And why so shy? All new info is helpful! :) )

I added the new skills & professions with the VU so that people could at least record their skills if they wanted to, even if nothing was yet known about them (like if they were hidden or not).

I triggered a level increase in Gunner (HIT) when I gained a point in Marksmanship... so I'm assuming marksmanship attributes to Gunner (HIT). I've updated the wiki to reflect this information.

~Danimal

Space Craft Systems

Now I'm confused...

Gained level 40 in the Knifefighter (Hit) profession at Planet Calypso!
https://twitter.com/#!/ChelaBias/status/100919239489232896

Unlocked the new skill Space Craft Systems at Planet Calypso!
https://twitter.com/#!/ChelaBias/status/100919234942603264

Unlocked the new skill Coolness at Planet Calypso!
Gained level 25 in the Evader profession at Planet Calypso!
Unlocked the new skill Avoidance at Planet Calypso!
Gained level 24 in the Evader profession at Planet Calypso!

I guess this guy chipped some skill related to all of this, and I doubt it was 25 evader that unlocked Space Craft Systems. Asked him what level he has in Gunner (Hit) so lets see, maybe he is not yet level 5 there and thus unlocked it with level 40 in the Knifefighter (Hit) but wouldn't that be weird?

now go craft mechanic components or heal a car and tell us if your guner line move ?

Now I'm confused...

Gained level 40 in the Knifefighter (Hit) profession at Planet Calypso!
https://twitter.com/#!/ChelaBias/status/100919239489232896

Unlocked the new skill Space Craft Systems at Planet Calypso!
https://twitter.com/#!/ChelaBias/status/100919234942603264

Unlocked the new skill Coolness at Planet Calypso!
Gained level 25 in the Evader profession at Planet Calypso!
Unlocked the new skill Avoidance at Planet Calypso!
Gained level 24 in the Evader profession at Planet Calypso!

I guess this guy chipped some skill related to all of this, and I doubt it was 25 evader that unlocked Space Craft Systems. Asked him what level he has in Gunner (Hit) so lets see, maybe he is not yet level 5 there and thus unlocked it with level 40 in the Knifefighter (Hit) but wouldn't that be weird?

He told me his level in Gunner (Hit) is "I am Gunner (Hit) 2 almost 3 :)." so maybe I'm right then.
It's either level 5 gunner hit or lvl 40 in another hit pro?

Myself am 19 gunner hit and not yet 40 in the other hits and I do have the skill space craft systems...
Also he said he chipped Alertness and Evade if that helps. But maybe that is only related to the Knife hit.

I've been trying to make some progress in several professions, that were mostly unknown, and to fix some others that were reported to be incorrect. This is what, I believe, it is a more accurate approximation of some professions:

Tailor:
(...) All skills as in entropedia, except:
- Quality Sense: 3%
- Industrialist: 6%

Material Manufacturer:

(...) All skills as in entropedia, plus:
- Manufacture Methodology: 3%
- Industrialist: 2%

Gunner (Hit):
Intelligence: 5%
Aim: 5%
Perception: 5%
Spacecraft Weaponry: 45%
Spacecraft Systems: 15%
Marksmanship: 10%
Deep Space Knowledge: 15%

Gunner (Dmg):
Inflict Ranged Damage: 15%
Mechanics: 15%
Spacecraft Systems: 20%
Ranged Damage Assessment: 15%
Serendipity: 5%
Deep Space Knowledge: 15%
Kill Strike: 10%

Captain:
Perception: 10%
Computer: 10%
Courage: 5%
Spacecraft Pilot: 30%
Spacecraft Systems: 20%
Avoidance: 10%
Deep Space Knowledge: 10%

Vehicle Engineer:
Intelligence: 2%
Manufacture Vehicle: 37%
Vehicle Technology: 11%
Engineering: 26%
Machinery: 8%
Blueprint Comprehension: 6%
Manufacture Methodology: 5% (*)
Industrialist: 5% (*)

(*) I think the basic set of skills is correct, leaving 10% for Manu Meth and Indus; I have put 5% in each, following the pattern of other similar crafting professions. An extra check by people with those skills unlocked would be great.

Vehicle Structural Engineer:
(...) All skills as in entropedia, plus:
Intuition: 7% (*)
(*) Totally unconfirmed. Some sources say it has an influence on VSE, and others say it doesn't. Go figure...:scratch2: This is just to verify, by anyone with Intuition unlocked, if this approximation gives accurate results or not.

So, pending verification of the above professions, the only remaining profession with absolutely no data is Spacecraft Engineering. If anyone can manage to make a list of contributing skills, based on skill gains while skiling this profession, that would be a start.

Also, for those willing to help fine tuning the profession's skill breakdown, if you see that any of the above professions is inaccurate, please use the scanner, and make a CSV of your skills, and write down your correct profession level with 4 decimal points (e.g., if you are level 12 and your progression bar indicates 34.56%, your level is 12.3456). Send the whole thing to jdegre@gmail.com, and I'll try to come up with a better approximation.

Disclaimer: I have entered all the data above in the chipping optimizer web page, for your convenience to verify how accurate those approximations are. Take them with a grain of salt, and don't go wild chipping in/out based on these data, just yet :tongue2:

PS: Many thanks to Kimmi, Smilgs, Leona, Hijacker and Serica for providing data :)

Last edited:
Some data from me to help you verify or otherwise:

Gunner (Hit): 14.9697
Intelligence: 75
Aim: 6131
Perception: 5188
Spacecraft Weaponry: 1
Spacecraft Systems: 1
Marksmanship: 8549
Deep Space Knowledge: Not unlocked

Gunner (Dmg): 27.2144
Inflict Ranged Damage: 6197
Mechanics: 839
Ranged Damage Assessment: 8384
Serendipity: 6653
Kill Strike: Not unlocked

Captain: 13.3629
Perception: 5188
Computer: 934
Courage: 6013
Spacecraft Pilot: 1
Avoidance: 3474

Vehicle Engineer: 8.2376
Manufacture Vehicle: 103
Vehicle Technology: 76
Engineering: 2498
Machinery: 334
Blueprint Comprehension: 1170
Manufacture Methodology: Not unlocked
Industrialist: Not unlocked

Don't know if that will help you but there it is :)

Also something interesting here, Dodge gain while piloting:

The only time i've gained Dodge in there.

Some data from me to help you verify or otherwise:
(...)
Don't know if that will help you but there it is :)

Thanks Oleg! Your data matches quite well the current profession breakdown entered into the optimizer, and it gives reasonably accurate results, considering that your skills and attributes don't include decimal points; so, taking into account rounding issues, they give good results.

Also something interesting here, Dodge gain while piloting:

The only time i've gained Dodge in there.

Dammit... what does it mean, then? Dodge contributes to Captain??? :scratch2:

Dammit... what does it mean, then? Dodge contributes to Captain??? :scratch2:

Unlikely if my data above is a good match. I have 4368 Dodge.

Perhaps someone on board the ship fired a weapon at Cail?

Let's not start wild guessing here... it's clearly a bug!! :laugh:

Don't think you can shoot at the captain (?) since you only see the proxy skeleton inside.

Let's not start wild guessing here... it's clearly a bug!! :laugh:

Not a bug.

You can get dodge whilst piloting a ship. Not that unusual just consider ship as "armour" and if mob attacks you get dodge or evade...

Don't think you can shoot at the captain (?) since you only see the proxy skeleton inside.

Yup. A passenger cannot shoot someone seated in a mothership. So the dodge can only have been gained from piloting.

Not a bug.

You can get dodge whilst piloting a ship. Not that unusual just consider ship as "armour" and if mob attacks you get dodge or evade...

Umm, i thought the sheer discrepancy between the first half of my comment and the second part would be enough to indicate that it was meant tongue-in-cheek...

My bad, will make an effort to underline irony in the future, i promise!!!! ;)

On topic:
Any news on the new mining professions?
(I know, i know, they can't be skilled yet, but from what i've seen so far Mineral Sense and Ground Assessment contribute)

Not so unlikely, really. The %'s in the captain profession take as starting point the list of skills influencing the profession. From that list, and a set of data, I can obtain a set of %'s that matches (within a reasonable accuracy) the data I have.

So, if we put more skills into the profession, the %'s may change completely. So back to the drawing board for that profession, I'm affraid...

Not a bug.

Ok. That would be consistent with the fact that you gain avoidance. So, is it fully confirmed that you can get both, evade and dodge, as part of the captain profession???

Also, for those of you with experience in space, can you shed some light on the Spacecraft Engineering profession? I have to admit that I don't even know what it is, how it is skilled, and even less what skills are involved in it...

Not so unlikely, really. The %'s in the captain profession take as starting point the list of skills influencing the profession. From that list, and a set of data, I can obtain a set of %'s that matches (within a reasonable accuracy) the data I have.

So, if we put more skills into the profession, the %'s may change completely. So back to the drawing board for that profession, I'm affraid...

Ok. That would be consistent with the fact that you gain avoidance. So, is it fully confirmed that you can get both, evade and dodge, as part of the captain profession???

Also, for those of you with experience in space, can you shed some light on the Spacecraft Engineering profession? I have to admit that I don't even know what it is, how it is skilled, and even less what skills are involved in it...

Jdegre I wanted to take the chance to thank you for an awesome tool
It's great!!

Been in space for a while and I can say that after 20ped TT of pilot skill piloting a mothership I have gotten a skill gain in dodge exactly twice, both times upon jumping the seat. I've also been wounded and killed many times while piloting and I've come to the conclusion that 1)there's an inconsistency in MA's programming regarding the barrier between the inside and outside of the ship and 2)I'm guessing that each mob is given a default evader or dodger attack, even if it doesn't directly translate to an avatar during impact such as while protected by a ship, and that if a temporary barrier bug occurs such as when jumping ship or having 40 mobs attacking at once then that skill has a chance of increasing on the impacted avatar. Notice that Cali is driving a mothership - I suspected that before I opened the image - and it would be interesting to hear if this has happened in a quad but my mind is still fairly made up. After 200+ hours and 2 dodge skill gains, it's pretty definitive there's no correlation.

As for the spacecraft engineering, I collected some fairly limited but possibly revealing data for the last hour while piloting a mothership.

I started the project around Level 14.5. The starting point of the profession might be relevant ? tho the end point isn't bc I didn't log each skill gain. I also don't have the starting numbers for skills before gain. The following skills helped contribute to my new score of 14.719 --

Courage
3053 gave .01-.02% SE prof level per green line skill gained during pilot
Perception 2353 gave .01-.02% SE prof level per

Intelligence
59.4 roughly, didn't notice any increase from this skill but NOT SURE
Spacecraft Pilot NO CREDIT

Spacecraft Systems 2086 gave 0.4-0.5% SE prof level per, seemed to give .04 3 times out of 5 and .05% the other 2 times out of 5
Computer 1598 gave 0.1-0.3% SE prof level per

So just these 4 that gave me gain. I have not unlocked Avoidance or Deep Space Knowledge

The ratios might help give an idea of the exact percentages when compared to more SE data or when compared to other professions you know about at similar points. You are the profession professional, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear something come out of this! Good luck to everyone and stay focused on the game :yay:

I have also received dodge from cosmic horrors, but only times that I can vouch for were when i was outside the quad after it was destroyed.

I have gained a few Intelligence points while being hit by Cosmic Horror's while in a Privateer.

~Danimal

Thanks mate for the info, and for the nice words...

As for the spacecraft engineering (...)

I started the project around Level 14.5. The starting point of the profession might be relevant ? tho the end point isn't bc I didn't log each skill gain.

if you have active your main chat log, you can search for skill gains inside the log. you just have to search around the timestamps during which you did the activity leading to spacecraft engineering gains.

I also don't have the starting numbers for skills before gain. The following skills helped contribute to my new score of 14.719 --

don't worry about that. the important thing is to determine the involved skills (from skill gains while doing the activity, OR, by chipping in/out individual skills). once we are 100% sure about the involved skills, we only need your _current_ skill points and prof. level, and i'll run a program that (hopefully) produces the %'s.

Courage 3053 gave .01-.02% SE prof level per green line skill gained during pilot
Perception 2353 gave .01-.02% SE prof level per

Intelligence
59.4 roughly, didn't notice any increase from this skill but NOT SURE
Spacecraft Pilot NO CREDIT

Spacecraft Systems 2086 gave 0.4-0.5% SE prof level per, seemed to give .04 3 times out of 5 and .05% the other 2 times out of 5
Computer 1598 gave 0.1-0.3% SE prof level per

So just these 4 that gave me gain. I have not unlocked Avoidance or Deep Space Knowledge

Intelligence is fully confirmed, after I completed a mission that gave +1 int. It contributes 5% (or 100% in the 20* scale).

I take it, then, that Courage, Perception, Spacecraft Systems and Computer, all are involved in the profession.

If anyone else could confirm this, or provide further skills that may influence Spacecraft Engineering, that'd be awesome :)

Intelligence is fully confirmed, after I completed a mission that gave +1 int. It contributes 5% (or 100% in the 20* scale).

I take it, then, that Courage, Perception, Spacecraft Systems and Computer, all are involved in the profession.

If anyone else could confirm this, or provide further skills that may influence Spacecraft Engineering, that'd be awesome :)

I added what I learned from doing vehicle repair to Entropedia. Skills that are not on your list that do contribute to the Spacecraft Engineering profession are:

Vehicle Technology
Electronics
Mechanics

You gain the following skills for the Captain profession while piloting a space craft and getting hit by mobs :)

Intelligence
Avoidance
Courage
Perception
Computer
Spacecraft Pilot
Spacecraft Systems

For Gunner (hit) these ones are gained:

Intelligence
Spacecraft Weaponry
Spacecraft Systems

For Gunner (dmg) these ones are gained:

Inflict Ranged Damage
Serendipity
Mechanics

So far those are the only ones I've been able to confirm from my two day experiment on space skilling... I will post up more results when I get them :)

~Danimal

Back