Obvious things it took you ages to notice

how the loot system works and how the skills work and the timer that governs loot.

If you know how the loot system works (only person I think who claims this), why do you only have globals on your tracker sig ?

boxes...

It took me til a few days ago to realize how great boxes and purses are. I've started a bit of a blueprint exchange in my society, and every time before now that I tried this sort of thing, I would run out of inventory and storage slots fast. With several boxes and purses, all filled with blueprints books, it'll take me a very, very, very long time to run out of inventory slots ;)

If you know how the loot system works (only person I think who claims this), why do you only have globals on your tracker sig ?

i dont claim to know how it works in full, i do know partly how it works though.

and i havent been playing a whole lot lately so that's why not many globs.

This tips is usefull for suedish and very close to server player.
Other , should disable that option , or they will have more "miss shot" , because gun will fire before server alow it.
Its way better to wait 1 or 2 1/10 second after relod finish and realy fire , than fire faster , and do not fire.
You dont loss amo when you not fire like that ( server give them back) , but you loss way more time ( a full reload at least) than waiting 1/10 second at eatch shot.

Its useful for extracting, only if you are a time keeper.

--> If you spawn your VTOL, get in, and switch to the back seat, you can go AFK in an aggro area without danger or PED cost due to vehicle idling. I find myself doing this many times a day.

--> If you spawn a vehicle, fill its inventory, and "recall all vehicles", you can send items to storage without going to a storage terminal. Useful for lightening your load, or safe delivery home in a lootable PvP zone.

> if you drop your heaviest item and pick it up again,
> you'll run faster until you loot or extract next.

This is no longer true. Just tried it.

I was about to make some kinda "Wow, what a Necro" comment but then I read This:

--> If you spawn a vehicle, fill its inventory, and "recall all vehicles", you can send items to storage without going to a storage terminal. Useful for lightening your load, or safe delivery home in a lootable PvP zone.

Top tip indeed, will Have to try that out. Great work....

Great thread too, worth a Necro I say :thumbup:

som tips i guess not much "know/use"

You can use several item windows same time with the nail in up corner.

There a list in BP book (row up left).

ROFL I have been 7 years total in game and I just tested this, brilliant! I always swapped between windows when comparing two items or bps, etc :D

When splitting a stack you can type the amount you want instead of using the up/down arrows.

to unload inventaire in storage very fast after hunting :
-keep 1 item of all stackable in your storage where you want it to stack(tidy your mess and dont worry)
- open storage , press that stack all button , and then put that little cross in bottom to do with all contenair
and voila...

You can clean all your mess with basicaly 2 click.

som tips i guess not much "know/use"

Hint is from year 2007, noticed it just this week :ahh: :king:

When teleporting large distances, during the white screen, just start pressing the tp button again (not too much or you'll get the MF stuck on bug).

Upon the white screen going, you will find that you've already charged half of your next TP jump.

(This also works for fapping at revive etc)

NERFED :wise::eyecrazy:

Too lazy to read all the thread's posts, sorry if those were already mentionned.

- When using a ranged weapon, try not to target always the same spot on the mob, but change the part of the mob's body you're firing at. You will decrease the MISS messages :). (hope it was not nerfed )
-When using close combat weapons, move a little sideways (strafe) between the hits, just a little tiny bit. Same effect as above.

Last edited:
Too lazy to rezad all the thread's posts, sorry if those were already mentionned.

- When using a ranged weapon, try not to target always the same spot on the mob, but change the part of the mob's body you're firing at. You will decrease the MISS messages :). (hope it was not nerfed )
-When using close combat weapons, move a little sideways (strafe) between the hits, just a little tiny bit. Same effect as above.

Interesting... Do you have any material proving this? :D

I mean, do we really get a lower miss % than 10% if we do this? (if hit chance is 90% ofc)

if not, could be worth trying this out.... If this is true, we can all increase our eco a lot

I did some small tests a long time ago, but don't have the recordings anymore.
I'll try to do some again when I have some time.

Maybe it was related to some sort of lag? Who knows...

That you could open multiple boxes at once on a beacon not that it's much use now

A large portion of the tips from this 4 year old thread are no longer valid. Also the OP hasn't been around for over a year.

Perhaps we should parse the still useful tips and begin a new 2011 version thread?

A large portion of the tips from this 4 year old thread are no longer valid. Also the OP hasn't been around for over a year.

Perhaps we should parse the still useful tips and begin a new 2011 version thread?

Would be good to have an updated thread for useful tips! :yay:

so many probes lost....

Lmao, I did this too, north of Nea's near to the LA with the molisks I got a huge deposit of blausarium (purple ore) on purple land. Went on a huge expedition after that seeking out the color of dirt that looked like the higher MU ores. Didn't find another global of the same color, but lots of other stuff so it was all good in the end.

And a tip about the first post. Mentioned fapping while walking not reducing the value of heal points. Don't turn to fast from side to side while doing this. It will consider that the same as if you were trying to run while fapping.

A couple months after finding out about free dung, stone, and fruit finds, I learned that dropping the Advanced Graphics option called Objects Quality to Low clears just about everything off the ground, making them way easier to find. (sorry if this mentioned already)

Last edited:
1) Uhm, well shit I didnt know that :ahh:

I havent read everything in this thread but I will add something in the hopes its useful.

When hunting, if you switch weapons before attacking a mob, you will get 2 quick attacks before the reload time takes affect. Can make the difference between life and death heh.

Last edited:

There a list in BP book (row up left).

Holy crap, you learn something new every day :laugh:

need a small bump here :)

Some tips are old , but some are still accurate and very helpfull.

Yep, being new, I've read over several pages, but apparently I wasted time reading stuff that no longer applies that a new person, such as myself, has no idea it doesn't apply any more.

An updated version of this thread is needed, to sort out what is currently relevant.

And posters really should explain how to do things in this thread rather than assuming all people know what they are talking about. One person mentioned they went so long a time changing equipment via the Inventory until they learned a faster way, but didn't say how to do the faster way they finally learned!

Remember, seeing this section is for n00bs, things need to be explained. And a handy list of EU acronyms would really help! There's alot of lingo that new players just don't know, so keep that in mind here too.

Great resource for new players.

I realized today that my jump-suit can be repaired and turned into something orange.

And posters really should explain how to do things in this thread rather than assuming all people know what they are talking about. One person mentioned they went so long a time changing equipment via the Inventory until they learned a faster way, but didn't say how to do the faster way they finally learned!

Creating keyboard shortcuts.

dont disable advertisement in option of the launcher or you will get less loot :wtg:

As I've recently passed my first birthday in EU, I've started realising that I still keep noticing things that are new to me, but were blatantly obvious to others. Also, I've mentioned odd tips in soc chat to our newer members, only for experienced players to say, "I never new that!".

So, I thought I'd share the blatantly-obvious-things-it-took-me-ages-to-notice, and see if anyone else has any more (it'll mean it won't take me another year to spot them :laugh: ).

A few to start the ball rolling:

1. When shooting in 1st person mode, your gun will 'flash' if you are out of range (for a long time I just thought my graphics card was playing up :ahh: )

2. You *can* fap at full strength while walking forwards, as long as you're not going downhill, because then you speed up and the heals drop.

3. The amazing coincidence of someone wanting to buy exactly what you want to sell at the *very* moment you list the item on auction.....is actually just the ordering system :laugh:

4. Higher HP mobs are visible from futher away on the radar (I am amazed at just how long it took me to work that one out! :ahh: )

Anyone got anymore?

JC

wow still didnt know 2 or 4 XD

dont disable advertisement in option of the launcher or you will get less loot :wtg:

I thought this option is no longer available in the client loader.

to unload inventaire in storage very fast after hunting :
-keep 1 item of all stackable in your storage where you want it to stack(tidy your mess and dont worry)
- open storage , press that stack all button , and then put that little cross in bottom to do with all contenair
and voila...

You can clean all your mess with basicaly 2 click.

And for the opposite:

you can SPLIT your stacks in your storage by clicking the left-most item of your spin counter. That will leave you with the 1 item as above, and the rest you can transfer to your inventory for refining or sale.

Back