Hogglo tooth

Loots Vu 9.0

Enhanced Strategic Combat Processor
Advanced Electronic Fluid Memory
Advanced Scanning Sensor

White paint can

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess since this is the "official" Hogglo thread, this fits well here-

Hogglo Providers and Guardians are, "swapped". Providers are quite a bit tougher than the Guards are- in other words.

:)

As most of you know this nasty beast is an almost-always-hitting mob, I've heard their hit rate decreases when you reach around 40 evader but I hope more confirm about this from ubers, do they still hit all the time when you get very high evader?

They are not always hitters tbh.

I had only recently unlocked avoidance and I noticed they missed quite alot. They are not in the same vein as aurli or corn (big bulls). I'd put them between trox and aurli.

Interesting, I'm just 5 lvls away from avoidance now, I think my armor decay will decrease a lot if they start to miss on me. :cool:

Interesting, I'm just 5 lvls away from avoidance now, I think my armor decay will decrease a lot if they start to miss on me. :cool:

I'm afraid you probably won't notice much difference. The problem with the decay is pretty much every hit will use all of the protection your armour (to ghost) and 5B plates provide meaning you take max decay from almost every hit.

I used to hunt them in Ghost + 5b for the youngs and phantom +5b for mature and olds (that was my limit) and I was 1 lvl from maxing a 125 fap so was getting 58 - 80 heal 19 times a min.

the problem I found was they chewed up the plates after 30 -45 mins so they offered less prtection

Nice, keep on good work Akbar ;)

Yes, I know it's probably a lot of decay but at least it will decrease, now my 200 PED hunt on hogglo in a team I usually get 60 PED armor decay bill, if they hit me 30% less that would mean 18 PED saved in armor decay and probably more in fap decay and less chance to die. (less ME use, less extra ammo for HP regen ...) :ahh:

Are Hogglo found on Eudoria at all? The lastest update to PEAss (the mob map) claims to have Hogglo in the small blue area west of Camp Echinda... The only places I knew of were on TI and the LA someone started recently for the very mature Hogglo which are both on Amethera.

Thanks in advance :)

Are Hogglo found on Eudoria at all? The lastest update to PEAss (the mob map) claims to have Hogglo in the small blue area west of Camp Echinda... The only places I knew of were on TI and the LA someone started recently for the very mature Hogglo which are both on Amethera.

Thanks in advance :)

Not any more, I believe they appeared in that area when they were first introduced into the game (way before my time) but they were only there temporarily, the DNA parts were found later.

Just FYI now there are just two spawns of hogglo, one is well-known spawn on Treasure Island (TI) for young ~ old, another one is the most SE land of white area on amethera with higher maturity (provider, guardian ...)

VU 9.0 seems to have brought some new loots from mid-high maturity Hogglos (Old-Alpha).

Items I have recently looted from Hogglo on LA 34:

Enhanced Strategic Combat Processor
Advanced Electronic Fluid Memory
Advanced Scanning Sensor

These components have very nice markups, as they are used to craft desirable L items.

------- ---------- ------------ ------- ------

Last edited:
An ogglo mature given me 12 cans of white paint before yesterday.

Nice thread about hogglos Akbar :scratch2: I love to hunt them in 2-3 people team :money:

Does it only seem or MA really has increased Hogglo's average dmg?! :confused:

Does it only seem or MA really has increased Hogglo's average dmg?! :confused:

For the record.... OA do 200+ damage through. jag/phantom+8a
(i personally took 235 dmg, teammates took 215+ each - they were in ghost/5b)
We found one @ ND's LA :yay: Thanks ND :yay: They are harder than dasp :drool: :jawdrop::eek:

Needless to say, we didn't go back as we only reduced it 5% dmg between 3 of us :laugh:

For the record.... OA do 200+ damage through. jag/phantom+8a
(i personally took 235 dmg, teammates took 215+ each - they were in ghost/5b)
We found one @ ND's LA :yay: Thanks ND :yay: They are harder than dasp :drool: :jawdrop::eek:

Needless to say, we didn't go back as we only reduced it 5% dmg between 3 of us :laugh:

Hehe yeah and stalker can hit way over 400 through ghost+5b
They have higher max dmg than spider stalker..

Is there any information on how hard the old hit, as in would I be able to kill one if I am wearing Ghost+5b with a healer?

There was no information on entropedia about other than the young and mature.

The corn (bulls at CND) was mentioned earlier in this thread, the young and mature was posible to kill for me solo without healer, and old was posible but a close fight there.

Im not talking about eco in any way, just if the old will kill me straight away or if I have a chanse of killing it.

it will be a close fight in ghost +5B... hopefully u win more than u die :D ... u wont get killed straight awat but more often than with young, mature

thanx lillen, I will ahve to give it a try to se what happends realy, never even tried the young ones you since everyonbe scared me away from then during my first weeks in EU :)

Is there any information on how hard the old hit, as in would I be able to kill one if I am wearing Ghost+5b with a healer?

There was no information on entropedia about other than the young and mature.

The corn (bulls at CND) was mentioned earlier in this thread, the young and mature was posible to kill for me solo without healer, and old was posible but a close fight there.

Im not talking about eco in any way, just if the old will kill me straight away or if I have a chanse of killing it.

I don't think you'll be able to do it. I sometimes heal my socmate on TI hogs, him in Boar+5b with about 130 hp and me using a FAP-80 or EK-2600 in the tricky spots. Matures can be a struggle and we've got no chance against Olds, the hits are just too big and too often. It might be possible with a much better FAP (I'm thinking imp fap or similar).

The other problem with hogs is that you'll get crits that kill you in one shot pretty regular.

Maybe you should have a practice run on TI first but I don't think you'll get far tbh.

I might go there nekkid for a while and die so I can post the info on entropedia.
I might need it in a year or so with some better gear and skills :)

You will die a lot vs old. That much is guaranteed. Unless your healer has ur-125 @ 17heals a sec or more (level 29 paramedic) or better (the heal amount is v important rather than the speed, hence adj fap is inadequate) . I have a hard enough time soloing them (is a fap fest) in phantom+jag+8a. If you are deciding to hunt old, go in team. Hogglo are one mob where there is -significant- advantage in team. Typical hit for old is 40-80 through armor (50 per hit is standard).

I also suspect hogglo old are subject to (slightly) increased attack speeds i have been noticing in higher maturity mobs.

The good news is that provider/domis don't hit that much harder :)

Tried them now, with Ghost+5b Fap 2600 and hl8+A105 it is ok to take down a young, mature is tought, might die from crits. Old, well lets just say that they do not realy like you if you have this setup :)

Thanx all for you responds and also to OP/bestiarity creator for great threads.

Hi,
I'm looking for Hogglo Stalkers.

TI City has young and mature.
LA34 has chilled old up to guardians, but seems no higher maturity is around.

I just like to be hit hard :silly2:
Anyone know if Hoggle Stalkers are around?

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm looking for Hogglo Stalkers.

TI City has young and mature.
LA34 has chilled old up to guardians, but seems no higher maturity is around.

I just like to be hit hard :silly2:
Anyone know if Hoggle Stalkers are around?

No stalkers around, they have a tendancy to kill people in 1 hit.

- Deathifier

On occasion during the finale of the Eomon migration there are Hogglo Stalkers and other big mobs. Even the Ubers tend to hunt them in teams with enough firepower (10 to 12 people) that they drop before they reach more then 2 or 3 of the team members. Criticals are frequent and the tend to be > 400. The revive tends to be heavily visited by Ubers.

Cheers
Siam

FINALLY we have an Iron Mission for hogs :yay:

Young worth 6 mission points
Mature worth 7 mission points

Stage 1: 1200 Points
Reward: 4 PED Aim or 4 PED Dexterity or 1.30 PED Bioregenesis

Stage 2: 3000 Points
Reward: 10 PED Heavy Melee Weapons or 6.51 PED Plasma Weapon Tech or 3.26 PED Cryogenics

Stage 3: 12000 Points
Reward: 40 PED Rifle or 26.04 PED Alertness or 13.02 PED Dodge

Stage 4: 30000 Points
Reward: 100 PED Handgun or 65.10 PED Courage or 32.55 PED Electrokinesis

Last edited:
Hogglo challenge vendor

A noob question :rolleyes:
Where is the Hog challenge vendor?
Thank you.

Status
Back