Healer Uniform

Status

Yirrk

Stalker
Society
Jurai Blood Academy
Yirrkala "Yirrk" Wombarra
Hey I was at Swamp Camp yesterday and a couple of Healers & Focussers were wearing White pants and White shirt.

I got to thinking....Hey wouldn't that be cool if all professional healers were to wear that white stuff as a standard uniform, maybe with a Red beret. It would seaparate them as the Official Medics among the sea of usual OJs and other "normal" clothing. Then when they're off-duty they would just switch into their civilian clothes.

How difficult and expensive is it to get a set of White clothes (Basic shirt Basic pants), and a Red Beret? :scratch2:

The white clothes would only be a couple hundred ped as they used to be available in the tt-like tailor. The red beret would cost well over 1k ped tho.

Nice idea.. it would be neat if MA would implement medic clothes.

Would love to have an set of "Red Cross" clothes to wear when mining if that meant i could report any mob's attacking me to the UN for sanctions :nurse:

The Dragon armor is looking nice for a combat medic.

Too bad the Uniform doesn't get automatically awarded to the high skilled Professional Healer when a predetermined Healing Professional Level is achieved...similar kinda to the way Mentors get rewarded :)rolleyes:) when their student graduates.

....would be nice.
:cool:

Too bad the Uniform doesn't get automatically awarded to the high skilled Professional Healer when a predetermined Healing Professional Level is achieved...similar kinda to the way Mentors get rewarded :)rolleyes:) when their student graduates.

....would be nice.

That is a really cool idea. And maybe to a few more professions too.

nah i dunno. giving away clothes would destroy the tailoring proffession. i think it would be very easy to design a cheap medic uniform with what we got. it just has to look trendy enough so it will catch on and be thought of as "mediware" :D

nah i dunno. giving away clothes would destroy the tailoring proffession. i think it would be very easy to design a cheap medic uniform with what we got. it just has to look trendy enough so it will catch on and be thought of as "mediware" :D

Good point AndyZammey

Yeah maybe a bright blue Beret or Yellow? Is that cheaper to make? Don't say Orange:eek: there's TOOO much orange out there now!

is it possible to just bleach out a basic shirt & pants to make it white or does it actually have to be colored White?

Last edited:
...is it possible to just bleach out a basic shirt & pants to make it white or does it actually have to be colored White?

Good question, Doctor! :cool:

I'm no Colorer but I think there's White paint out there somewhere...And if there's White paint, then yeahhhhh, I'd think that the set would have to be actually colored White. *Ch-Chinnng* - Adding Peds to the cost of production. :rolleyes:

A long time ago, this was discussed too. To get awards when passing certain
prof stands.
Well, they could do it so the avatar must have either triggered a certain skill
or passed a certain prof stand, to even be able to wear the uniform/clothes.
That way the tailorer get some more work too... ;)

I usually wear dragon armor when working as a medic. It's red and white and helps keep a fapper alive from a mob run amok.

Would love to have an set of "Red Cross" clothes to wear when mining if that meant i could report any mob's attacking me to the UN for sanctions :nurse:

That, however, would be illegal. As is the red cross on the ingame Fast Aid Packs - I pointed it out to the support but they didn't seem to think it any big deal. Oh well at least I warned them, not my problem now if they get a an extra lawsuit. :whisper:

It has to be on its way but I would not be surprised to see a "naughty nurse" uniform in the future.

Well being that there is a Doctor and Scientist skill I am surprised we don't have lab coats or scrubs for those who want to make those their professions.

There are so many ways they could go with clothing from making paramilitary gear like like fatigues, boonie hats, Dust goggles. I was in an army surplus store the other day getting a boonie hat for hiking and variations in gear and coloring was limitless. I would love a pair of welders goggles and some different hats.

I personally think they should have clothing to match any profession in EU. From normal everyday street wear to para-military sneak suits.

If you think distant colony on another planet to me the clothing would be more functional than flashey.

There is nothing (apart from cost) preventing those who wish to be seen as professional healers buying whatever they wish to buy.

So, to all those who want to be seen as "Eu's Medic service" get white.

Along the line of "if you can't afford the clothing, you certainly can't afford the professional fap being a professional healer needs!"

Dragon armor is too expensive to make, what about Renegade armor with its alternating white and light red colors?

Awesome idea, make them look like this:

nurse.jpg

....would be nice.

Wow yeah, that would rule! I want a mini stethoscope too!

Last landgrab I used to run around in my white and red colored mastercoat. It looked awesome and it really looked like I was a paramedic. (But, I was a reporter tho :p )

Svarog, I agree! I want that set :yay:

Cool idea - from now on I'll wear white when healing - might even invest in a red beret if there are any around

Maybe when you start instead of the regular orange clothes you could choce your professions and get uniform for that profession, healer with with and red, hunter army uniform does kind of stuff , off course does clothes cant be traded or tt'ed.And tailors could make similiar clothes for the ones that whanted does another type.

I love the idea, a medical uniform will be just great!!

Idon't see a problem using the red cross symbol, because it is realy not exclusive to the "red cross corporation"!! The red cross symbol is stated as a universal symbol for medical activities. We have it in all the places, Ambulances, hospitals, army medical cars, etc...so not related at all exclusivly with the Red Cross organization.

Hey I was at Swamp Camp yesterday and a couple of Healers & Focussers were wearing White pants and White shirt.

I got to thinking....Hey wouldn't that be cool if all professional healers were to wear that white stuff as a standard uniform, maybe with a Red beret. It would seaparate them as the Official Medics among the sea of usual OJs and other "normal" clothing. Then when they're off-duty they would just switch into their civilian clothes.

How difficult and expensive is it to get a set of White clothes (Basic shirt Basic pants), and a Red Beret? :scratch2:

red berret might be pretty expencive thow

....would be nice.

Very cool Idea.
Maybe MA can award the top players once a year like:

top 3 medic skills get a Red Cross uniform
top 3 resellers, an auctioneers suit :D
top 3 hunters a paracommando outfit
top 3 crafters a crafting :scratch2: outfit
top 3 miners, a mining overall :D
top 3 sweaters, a shiny orange mastersweatercoat

Very cool Idea.

Mentors get a gift as things stand don't they? Something not too useful by all accounts, but still something. Maybe instead of the top players in each area (which we could name now probably in some couldn't we?) ...an item of uniform like the ones suggested could be awarded with unlocks?
We seem to like the icons in the forum here, showing off hidden skills unlocked, and we all love to get the new skills like RDA.

Maybe not even being given one at the unlock point, but being able to buy one only if you have that skill unlocked would work?

Nice fresh idea that I haven't seen before. :)

t

Very cool Idea.

Yeah, the bad part would be when the items are sold and now someone that did not earn the distinction is wearing it....

Would be a decent idea I think, and I do not feel it would "destroy" the tailoring profession. Honestly, a good idea is a good idea... MA already protected them by removing the NPC Tailors (a change that sucked big time IMO)

Yeah, the bad part would be when the items are sold and now someone that did not earn the distinction is wearing it....

Would be a decent idea I think, and I do not feel it would "destroy" the tailoring profession. Honestly, a good idea is a good idea... MA already protected them by removing the NPC Tailors (a change that sucked big time IMO)

We could ofcourse make them unwearable to ppl that don't have the achievment. That would be a sollution. Also it could be worth 0ped, so it would cost MA much (except the cost to design it ofc) and it would be value added to the game.

We could ofcourse make them unwearable to ppl that don't have the achievment. That would be a sollution. Also it could be worth 0ped, so it would cost MA much (except the cost to design it ofc) and it would be value added to the game.

Fully agree also, just perfect this way;)

I think it would be a great idea as then instead of medics shouting about then they can just stand around in there clothes instead of spamming the chat and the hunters will then approach them. Maybe even a meeting place for them like solfais crater or whatever.

Great Idea

I have another Suggestion :cool:

Wouldn't be cool when you unlock Medicine to get Full Uniform ( Whatever it is) with a unique pattern ( Red, White , with Cross- or-whatever ?) :D

OR

In every unlock , you get one part of the Uniform in your Inv . :yay:

(Medicine - Shirt , Treatment - Pants , Medical Therapy - Beret , Doctor - White Robe )

What do you guys think? :)

Status
Back