Recent content by Aziphirael

1. A

Merry Mayhem Category Lists

Well 15th in Category 1 without using a team or support, so quite pleased by that. I did think with all the teams I wouldn't even make it into the top 50. And I picked up 5 globals and a ton of skills as well as more insight into the hunting system.
  2. A

FYI: +80% loss

Its what I've found as well from my experience. That to cut out the "variance" that will exist from short runs, you have to hunt for quite long periods. Around 2 to 3 hours with enough kit to last that length of time. I noticed that in Merry Mayhem. I played about 29 hours for it, most in two...
  3. A

Its legal sell avatar?

I seem to recall that you need permission with MA/FPC to do it. Plus a RL contractual agreement between you and the buyer to transfer it.
  4. A

Merry Mayhem Winners List

Gratz to all the winners :D I went solo in cat 1 but I didn't get the kills needed to make it.
  5. A

FYI: Binomial Distribution, Loot, and you.

I sometimes think that Mindark operates a Bookmaker type system for loot so that the odds of a drop are variable, based on whatever parameters they feel need to be balanced in their "book". I think that kind of already happens now in some sense, even if the loot system is totally random...
  6. A

For me its probably a mix of both. Ironically this is due to my experiences in two other interests, namely Poker where you have that strange mix of chance and skill that I think EU also has. The key lesson for me in all the above, EU and Poker... is that it is about controlling the things you...
  7. A

I think the reality, is that people are going to think what they think. We can discuss theories as much as we want, but we all have our own formula to make sense of the world. I've been here close to 8 years and my highest loot was 700 PEDs for a mining claim and that was five years ago. But, I...
  8. A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axqT323GHVc is for me the best example from a TV here in the UK. Its done tongue in cheek but it breaks down the probability.
  9. A

Hehe, got through it eventually ;-) I'm reminded of the two things that I used within some presentations I do about Statistics. The first is the Gambler's fallacy, which in a simple example is believing for example that because a roulette wheel has come up red ten times its more likely that...
  10. A

Share your old memories from Entropia! (Screenies)

Ironically I was just posting something on another forum in the same vein. Heres an old one from a mining tool some of my socmates at the time created. This is pre-gold as well, so its ancient! Those were the days, we had the veins respawn times also organised, so we would head out at the...
  11. A

All avatars are born equal my arse

It would be interesting. I see a lot of similarities between EU and Poker. Both are games which combine skill and chance. And both have very similar complaints about chance and whether its a game thats been fixed ;-) I also think people should concentrate more on what they can control in EU...
  12. A

All avatars are born equal my arse

To use a term of Poker, there is "Variance", which is how chance effects your short term game versus the skills that you possess. Without data that Spinage mentioned above its hard to work out if someones "variance" is within the norm or not. During Merry Mayhem I picked up four globals and a...
  13. A

Are you or I a loser because we deposit?

Wouldn't say that I'm a loser because I deposit. Been playing EU since Feb 2002 and have deposit various amounts since that time to try out all the activities available. Granted I have made a profit from selling items I have accumulated and last year cashed out into Real Life, so that I could...
  14. A

Help: Unable to attach enhancers (slot is open)

I'm getting the same problem with a load of Isis weaponry I bought for the Merry Mayhem. None of them would accept a enhancer.
  15. A

"No Teaming" : It CAN be done

Well decided to have a go, been wanting to skill up a few of my professions so was a good opportunity. Doubt I'll get far in the rankings but have been getting some good Globals on the mobs. I'm going Solo in Category 1, so maybe that will help analyse the results when they come out. See if you...
Back