Recent content by ChronicDeadEye

1. C

UI Release: Feedback Thread Part 2

In the nicest way possible, it's the most uninspired UI I've ever seen. Entropia has always done a great job at giving the feeling of immersion, provide escapism, and having it's very unique look and feel about it. This new UI has no artistic feel - a prime example is the disconnect between what...
  2. C

MindArk's net sales and profit after financial items increase significantly in Q4 2023

It wasn't my intention to imply anything other than that of curiosity for such a massive, sudden change.
  3. C

MindArk's net sales and profit after financial items increase significantly in Q4 2023

Some good analysis here. So what is the factor that drove a jump of stock price from 2.5 to 3.9, with half a million turnover in a single day that then resulted in multiple days of selling? People just getting out while ahead? Something further we don't have the full data on?
  4. C

Just as a thought experiment - could an "unconsumed user holding" be an account they've closed for any number of reasons including inactivity? If they were deciding the money on our card or item value is now their 'income' that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but again, not a financial...
  5. C

I'm actually more interested in this small snippet. More specifically, how this information affects a single-day change in a stock price as shown here: https://spotlightstockmarket.com/en/companies/irabout?InstrumentId=XSAT0000C0TQ I'm not a financial expert - and I would love someone to...
  6. C

Loot 2.0 killed the game

I think you and others seem to miss the point. I'm not complaining, I'm explaining. Unfortunately, I can't loot anecdotes. I'm just telling people why I no longer invest in such a volatile market, and why many others have left. Maybe you'll ask cows the price of milk next. :) (Even if we...
  7. C

Thoughts on this, anyone? My curiosity sure is piqued.
  8. C

MindArk PE AB (publ) ("MindArk" or the "Company") expects to report results for the fourth quarter of 2023 that are higher than current market expectations. The Company estimates that net sales for the fourth quarter of 2023 will amount to approximately 45-47 MSEK. This represents an increase of...
  9. C

Loot 2.0 killed the game

Forget all the ridiculous arguments here about what has changed or hasn't changed in loot - or the people telling you that you "don't need an item drop" and they reduce the argument to one about 'profit'. This is such a low-brow argument to make; you don't need to be a financial expert to...
  10. C

Question: is boting good ?

Now it's just a slog to become as 'efficient' as you can while producing as many loot events as possible. Sounds more like an autoclicker game than an MMO and that's why people would resort to botting. Also, many people don't have 16-20 hours a day to produce the results needed to create...
  11. C

Is it time for MA to be transparent with player costs/expected values?

I've never seen a better example of the Gambler's Fallacy. However, this is why the thread was made - it's pointless to speculate based on the word of MA and certain hunting/mining/crafting logs from people who haven't quit yet. The idea that if someone loses it can't be the system, MA, or...
  12. C

Well you heard it here folks, you just use the "one simple trick" and you can all profit. If only everyone knew all of this intricate knowledge of the system years ago, which you obviously possess, we'd all be cashing out on our yachts. Darn.
  13. C

Whether nostalgia or otherwise, pre-CE was the most fun and certainly the most active in terms of community engagement within the game. The argument about how predictable it was is something else entirely, and in any case, it was a much more interesting system. There was certainly a larger gap...
  14. C

Nothing I said had anything to do with return or anything of that nature, it was about transparency; you've missed the point entirely, just like you have throughout this thread. This isn't Reddit, if you have a coherent point that is based in logic and fact I'm more than happy to hear your rebuttal.
  15. C

Viewing this thread, it's sad that I had higher expectations of some of the older players here. The delusion is incredible; at any instance you're ready to call foul at the hundreds of major mistakes they've made (printing PED, items, unbreakable amps, drops all to the same person) but when it...
Back