Recent content by DoubleWolf

1. DoubleWolf

Entropia Nexus - My take on a wiki I guess

Finally some competition for Entropiawiki! It's been neglected for far too long. Your site seems fairly easy to use, and I see a lot of potential. Particularly from the Map integration, which the wiki hasn't kept up well with. Keep up the good work! I'll keep an eye on this one for sure
  2. DoubleWolf

That's 14 million PED!

Quite an expensive mistake! Kind of worked out for all parties in the end though. Guy who lent the character got it back (minus the charges for being careless) Friend didn't face any penalty for the mistake. Opportunistic buyer didn't get the character, but did still make a profit Company...
  3. DoubleWolf

MMOFallout - MindArk Talks Entropia Universe 16th Anniversary

Can someone remind them that this app hasn't been updated in SIX YEARS?!?!? I still manage to use it, but barely. It's a buggy mess and there are FAR too many timeouts or log-outs with the inability to log back in right away that this isn't something they should be bragging about. It's just one...
  4. DoubleWolf

Q1: What (if any) is the status of Mindbank?

It's not really about MA being "a bank" so much as it's about how customer money is treated. Right now it is considered revenue. If you ever want to expand your client base gain the interest of large, savvy investors, you'll need to start treating it as a true liability. If you guys are happy...
  5. DoubleWolf

Q1: What (if any) is the status of Mindbank?

Years ago the idea was floated around to create Mindbank, and it seemed to me that this would be the much needed "right step" toward changing Mindark's business model to one that better secures customer deposits by converting them to a true liability on the balance sheet (like an actual bank)...
  6. DoubleWolf

How can mindark make you deposit more money in this game.

Better loot is always nice, but aside from that, I'd like to see a more stable business model. I could throw some serious money at the game, but because my PED is only considered a "contingent liability" that means in the event of a company shutdown, me and every other player wouldn't likely...
  7. DoubleWolf

New York City in 1993 in HD

The "lookback" at 1:00... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  8. DoubleWolf

Little on sweating and hunting

The way I've always felt about this is that if the mob is attacking another player, you should leave it alone (unless of course they are running away from it). I was recently messing around Icarus trying to finish the iron mission, but I would sweat mobs for a bottle first before killing them...
  9. DoubleWolf

Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

I'm in agreement here. Sold out about 3 years ago, mostly because I didn't have much time to play, but also because I didn't really like the trend that was happening in MA's financials. Always stayed interested and lurking the forums and such. Once you've played a game with these kinds of...
  10. DoubleWolf

Haven't played in a few years. What's up?

Hey guys, so I sold off most of my account 3-4 years ago (save for my skills and few items that were important to me) since I wasn't able to play quite as much as I was at one point. I also followed Mindark's financial reports and it didn't seem that the company was headed in a direction that...
  11. DoubleWolf

Info: Mindark Annual Report 2014

So they are still operating at a loss and their net sales are the lowest they have been in the last 5 years. Minus the deferred tax, their assets have grown smaller. Or in other words, without that tax, the company actually lost size, all while the Unconsumed User Holdings grew larger. On the...
  12. DoubleWolf

What's the best weapon combo for foul young? (Eco/Performance)

I used to use a Riker UL2 or UL3 with an A103 amp, and then the TT knife as a finisher (though now I would use Bukin's blade). Those two Rikers with the A103 amp are about the most eco setup you can achieve in the early levels of hunting. And the markup on the Rikers used to be next to nothing...
  13. DoubleWolf

Should EU be subscription based?

^ This The reason I'm here is because it's a non-subscription game. And it's the reason I'm still here. If I take some time off or don't play much one month, it doesn't cost me a thing, especially considering that I continue making PED without having to put more in...
  14. DoubleWolf

Poll: Calypso one year from now...

Depends on what your metric is. What measure will we use in one year to know if things are better or not?
  15. DoubleWolf

Port Atlantis Overcrowded!

Isn't this how areas such as service centers already work? They seem to load entirely separately from what's going on outside. If you're at Twin in the service center, the game doesn't render all the players outside and all the trade chat they produce. I think this is in opposition to how the...
Back