Recent content by Flapman

1. Flapman

Planet Postmoderna Phase 1

Thanks for encouragement K-Max, The bonuses (long-term) will come as part of activity and supporting the game. We have several ways to reward people that are loyal and spread the word to bring in potential new players. In the Kickstarter project though it is based on the levels people...
  2. Flapman

Very true on all accounts Sirhc. Here is a screenshot of a recent victory for the game development world on Kickstarter. So, yes, the concept of crowd funding and donations does work. Of course, it is important to remember you also get something in return for a pledge. In most cases it is a...
  3. Flapman

Hi Magyar, That is a legitimate question. I assure you though, this will definitely NOT be a clone of Calypso or any other planet. The dynamics, the storyline, the quests, everything will be different. The challenge I have at this point is that I can't reveal too much. I am at a...
  4. Flapman

Hi Ruslan, Thanks for your comments and no, I did not take it wrong. :) I appreciate all comments--both good and bad. 'Gets us all thinking. You are correct about this being a huge undertaking. I am up for the challenge though and that is why I have stayed with this for the last, now...
  5. Flapman

Hi Futurama, Yes, you are correct. This is why we are going full-forward with efforts on funding. That is where all the current efforts are. Stay tuned and thanks for your support. --A
  6. Flapman

FYI: Planet Postmoderna Phase I

Hi Rick. Have you even looked at the website? In case you have not: www.planet-postmoderna.com Don't look for bells and whistles. Just read content. Right now we are in fundraising mode. We already have everything else that you mentioned. Incidentally, the team will do the work since...
  7. Flapman

Good and bad, thanks for watching the project. Regardless of any sources for "lack of confidence" or "doomsayers," we are going to keep at this and one way or another, Planet Postmoderna will be a reality. For those of you that read the blog and actually do your research before you post as...
  8. Flapman

Well, I can say that appreciate your input but wonder if they are constructive points or that you are just looking for things to pick on. :) No offense. Yes, perhaps some sentances are long but is that really a problem? Buzzwords, a real problem? Are they? This is an indie since we started...
  9. Flapman

MIND, Please contact me via PM or email via the website. You can share with me your experience and what you have done in the past. Right now we have a solid team but I am always willing to talk to others whom have a lot of game development experience. Currently, I am looking for people...
  10. Flapman

Hi Kete, We can talk more offline if you like but a lot of concept is in the gallery on the website. Did you take a look at that? Other than that, all the current efforts have been put on fundraising. Once our goals are reached a lot more more will be put out. One challenge I have is...
  11. Flapman

Hello Cerberus and Crest IV, I appreciate your comments but perhaps you would like to elaborate for the community about what you think is "insane rubbish" to the "clueless" person whom wrote it, which incidentally is me. This way, I can address your concerns and questions and possible provide...
  12. Flapman

Hi GS, Thanks for the comments. But, actually you are incorrect on a few points. I have put my own money into this from day one. Team members and myself have additionally, contributed time. The similarities with Cryrene are purely coincidence. I have been working on this for years...
  13. Flapman

So true and thanks. It i important to follow one's dreams and to never give up. I plan to : A) Make this happen no matter what. B) Create a story that people can experience (as I had wanted to back in the early 80s) C) Create Jobs in the Media and Game Arts Industry here in Colorado' D) Show...
  14. Flapman

Just so you know, our goal is to bring in new players, not canibalize the existing player base. Although I know that can happen, our goals are different and along the lines of what Mindark originally requested of us. A
  15. Flapman

Thanks Butch for comments. I especially like the part about people thinking about what they are going to say first for 10 seconds. :) Needless to say, you are correct. If I had a family to ask for money from I would have. :D A
Back