Recent content by fo0d

1. fo0d

Are you a happy EU participant?

I know one day or the other I'll be coming back to Calypso to give it another go, but currently the cost of the game is not proportionate to the entertainment offered. So no, currently not a happy player.
  2. fo0d

MA or FPC Half Year Financial Results for 2010 ?

Financial statements show a trend. They cannot be interpreted as reliable data for critical decisions. But I already went through this over and over and don't intend in hijacking the original thread any longer. Absolutely, so is impoliteness.
  3. fo0d

Wall of text : A functioning Calypso

This post will be devided in sections as I add more to some observations on Calypso's Economy. :) Please feel free to discuss and contribute as I continue in developing the further content. Do also advise if you believe my thoughts are not well portrayed or pure madness. Definitions...
  4. fo0d

Let's make this extremely clear, definitions of advertising, propaganda and End User License Agreement : Advertising is a form of communication intended to persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners) to take some action. Propaganda is a form of communication aimed at influencing the...
  5. fo0d

Michael Jackson Video Game Announced - New York Times (blog)

Lets see if I can succesfully put in words what I currently think about this new Michael Jackson planet: Firstly, any new form of investment by a third party into the new MindArk planetary system is bound to have a series of economical advantages for MindArk. The more MindArk becomes...
  6. fo0d

Happy Birthday Xentric

Happy birthday, birthday-boy. How come I got no invitation for the party?:mad: ;)
  7. fo0d

It's called advertising/propaganda. So yes, I'm still citing facts. I could quote the EULA, you just quoted a phrase on a website intentionally placed to lure new clients into Calypso. I have a feeling people might think I am on a personal quest of convincing others of my point of view, just...
  8. fo0d

Yep. It's not wordgames, you're putting on the same level two completely different terms: "spending" and "investing". It is true that you are able to "pull out" cash from this particular RCE game, but looking at the agreements made between User and MindArk, you do not EVER invest in...
  9. fo0d

Technically speaking, you never invested money into Calypso. You just deposited it. The quaterly financial reports (link to MA's financial statements) will not give you any control or knowledge of your deposits. They'll just tell you how the company is doing and if they're about to fail or...
  10. fo0d

EU has lost its magic for me

Actually it does change something. Player base is bound to reduce in size if this keeps up. After quite a long time of absence from Calypso, I still miss the game. At least some aspects of the game. But they're just not enough to bring me back into it. As a new player everything starts out...
  11. fo0d

EU has lost its magic for me

I'm afraid that my EU moment has been over ever since I decided to take a break from it several months ago. All the magic has been replaced by an uncomfortable urge to whine about everything all the time. And the car give-away. That pissed me off so damn much :mad: I just replaced EU with...
  12. fo0d

How are you Trif? Pming you from Algeria :)

How are you Trif? Pming you from Algeria :)
  13. Brownie

Brownie

New puppy from the dog pound
  14. Brownie

Brownie

New puppy from the dog pound
  15. fo0d

Take a guess: Depositors Recognition. What will it be?

Wouldnt it make sense to reward Gold-Card users instead? I suggest the reward consists of a refund of all deposited and automatic deletion of the game account.
Back