Recent content by Greybeard

1. G

"Hey, do you have a minute? I have a question or two."

I've only been here since August, so take this with a BIG grain of salt. I think this relates to how EU is different from other online or RPG games. In most games (using World of Warcraft) as an example) you are a hero that is going to save the world. -- There are quests that guide you to...
  2. G

"Hey, do you have a minute? I have a question or two."

The Rookie channel can be a big help to new players. Lots of people there answering questions. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people there who think it's the public or their own private chat room. For those people: Right click the avatar name and "Ignore Avatar". Sometimes a helpful...
  3. G

Question: Crafting updates

I have been reading this forum since August. I don't think I have EVER seen a developer update. Except Bertha Bot, and she's just copying announcements from the EU main website.
  4. G

#CalySell and #CalyBuy channels created

I like the idea of separate buy and sell channels. I drop into #calytrade every once in a while to see if anyone wants to buy my snablesnot skins, short firn boards or other items I have an excess of. I have no idea of what, if anything, I would want to buy and I don't really have enough to...
  5. G

Help: Fix Mentor Skill Gains.

Maybe it's just a counter of the number of graduates. They might be using the skill table the same way they used it for the old sweat gatherer skill. From what I read on Rookie, the sweat gatherer skill was originally a counter limiting how much sweat a player could collect. I don't think...
  6. G

Tripudion

The spawn in OLA27 is more sparse than low. There is a low density spawn at 29402, 41810. This is in the PVP are NW of Royal Club. I approached the area from a different angle and found a better density, but didn't get too far before being killed. One drawback is that the revival point is in...
  7. G

Chirpy

I found Chirpies west of Corinth East Hangers B, on the road. 64086, 85845. They are a sparse spawn mixed with Turp. I only remember seeing matures.
  8. G

Turp

The Turps west of Corinth East Hanger B (64086, 85845) are from Young through Guardian. The young can be killed with a 10.3 damage shot.
  9. G

Question: To destroy L rings (for tt) or not!?

When I first saw the discussion on this I thought it was to keep people from refining rings that had been used. They might have thought that someone who got a benefit from a ring and replaced it with a better should not get to convert to ammo. The easiest way to do that would be to exclude...
  10. G

Info: Spreadsheets for Entropia

I think you need to download and open with a spreadsheet program on your PC. If you can't, let me know and I'll see if I can convert to google doc.
  11. G

Poorly. I use a piece of scratch paper to make ticks by the mob name. I know I miss some. I think I've got things set up so you don't have to copy from sheet to sheet. That is done by formulas. I do the daily inventory update entering stacks from planet storage. (That could be done after...
  12. G

I have been working on a spreadsheet to track all my activity in EU. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Gf7C3g0nU2RFk5OFBROExGOXM I think this can be read and downloaded by anyone with the link, but I could be wrong as this is my first time trying Google drive. I looked at M Rufen Power's...
  13. G

Missions?

As mentioned above, you can only track five missions on the desk top. But you can have an unlimited number of missions in your log. You choose which five to track.
  14. G

FYI: I wanna do bad things with you

I saw this sales pitch in Twin over the weekend. At first it looked like he was offering an MU of 2.5%. Having read this thread I realized he was offering to buy 2.5% lower than MU. Maybe rephrasing the pitch might reduce some confusion.
  15. G

Cornundacauda

Matures give 7 kill points. Edit to add: The young give 6 Kill Points. Found Young and Mature at: [61201, 77302, 229] I am NOT going to see if I can get killed by any tougher maturities.
Back