Recent content by J. Mandrake

1. J. Mandrake

Post What Setup You Play On (and your settings!)

I checked it out, it isn't that much better (not more than a few frames in most CE2 benchmarks,) and like I said, saving as much as possible (they are between $50 and $100 more than the 5770.) Also, more PCs and system requirements, though I think I already have an idea of how well mine will do.
  2. J. Mandrake

Are you a wizard? :laugh: Going to go check some of the 260's benchmarks. I really want DX11, but it seems like I can get a lot more for my money without it. I know I'll have to buy again in the future when it is really used if I do that, but it's painful to spend this much on the "wrong" thing.
  3. J. Mandrake

It's going to be a few years more before that's really useful, but nice system nonetheless. If that does well though, the one I'm thinking of getting should. Using air cooling here, not liquid cooling, by the way.
  4. J. Mandrake

Hey all, still waiting for some cash to come in (don't worry, I'll save some for EU, I am eager to play again, and as a bonus parting gift from my old account from MA I get a free trip to the newbie zone!) and am going to build a new PC when it does. Looking at the official system requirements...
  5. J. Mandrake

We need guitars

A Virtual Piano kind of thing might be interesting. I'm sure they could write a synth for other instruments like guitars. It'll never happen, though.
  6. J. Mandrake

FYI: I am in your Market Raising your Prices!

It would VASTLY improve the quality of the game overall if you were to increase the markup on eye oil, IM(out-of-touch)O. I'm sure many low-mid level hunters would rejoice.
  7. J. Mandrake

FYI: I Like 40 PED TP Fees

Yeah, as long as new players get to choose which planet they start on, I'm fine with it. And I'm part of a project developing a planet :D It keeps new players where they are and helps a planet to develop with the playerbase on it, as people that start on a planet and stay there until they can...
  8. J. Mandrake

A player created planet?

It wasn't meant to be a direct statement to you, sorry, was more of a joke. I'll put a smily after it if you want :silly2: I've been getting quite a few criticisms already while attempting to recruit, and I think I've been handling them decently. Everything is a bit crazy right now, when we...
  9. J. Mandrake

Recruiting For A Player-Developed Partner Planet Project

I didn't forget that we didn't control loot, I actually mentioned that! I believe we do control prices in the TT, but I will check on that with MA before we release any official plans.
  10. J. Mandrake

I think you overestimate MA's capabilities to attract new players. If you saw their last financial report, you know that they're not in a real position to go on a huge marketing campaign. They started with a long-term goal of developing the EU platform to be ahead of it's time in MMO terms (and...
  11. J. Mandrake

Yeah, I know, it's a strange and somewhat annoying strategy for them to be using, but all in all, I see how it could work. I mean, they will essentially control a network of MMOs, get half the funds, and do nothing ;) Genius, if you ask me :silly2: It is effective for the Partners too; if MA was...
  12. J. Mandrake

Actually, Sky, I am fully aware of what MA is looking for, they want us to find our own playerbase and advertise for ourselves. And I plan on doing just that. I'll post more on that note when I get some more input from the rest of the team.
  13. J. Mandrake

We're currently discussing the target audience and profit model in the forum, which I have now made viewable only to members, save for one board, which we will use to keep the public updated for now. This is to help increase security, if only a bit.
  14. J. Mandrake

Sorry if I haven't been too clear on my plans, this thread picked up more steam than I had predicted it would ;) I didn't really want to be the person paying for the project, I had just set up the forum because interest was expressed in another thread by some users, and now everyone seems to be...
  15. J. Mandrake

Awesome, I'd love to see some nice levels and buildings in the game, maybe like old beacon missions but a bit more varied :D We may need to make separate accounts. I don't think MA lets us edit the looting system at all, so we will probably still be allowed to play, just not on our "working"...
Back