Recent content by jetsina

1. J

Entropia Universe 18.1.3 Release Notes

I get the impression that logins now take longer after this server vu. Is that correct, known and intended?
  2. J

Add Macros to the Game

To counter current macros an official one would have to have some settings attached I think, not just auto next nearest mob. But the menu for starting an auto run need not be complicated as such, I think, and would be worth looking into by MA now I think.
  3. J

New AI president in MindArk

...in terms of suggestions is the bit you quoted. I then wrote (briefly) exactly about loot possibilities. I agree about the potential there, yes. I'd like to get away from loot waves as well, as long as information is properly available in the replacement AI system.
  4. J

Well, what can an AI actually do that might be directly put into effect or listened to? It's a question I take seriously, but at the moment surely it can only be an echo chamber of its inputs in terms of suggestions for EU. In active gameplay it might be able to relay current information to the...
  5. J

It's actually quite an interesting announcement in the development of AI. The connection with 'understanding' EU might make it a leading expert, or a cringing 'sorry I didn't know that' excuse for a knowledgable LLM, depending on what it 'believes'. Reading through, I predicted the AI would...
  6. J

News: Server Downtime for Patch

Amazing what a server downtime notification can generate in comments, isn't it? :p However, I find that sometimes in these 'backwaters' there can also be good discussions, so I read them too. On focus: I see attempts to include farming of mats by anybody as a necessary activity for ubers to get...
  7. J

Entropia Universe 18.1.3 Release Notes

So, they've not managed to (or decided not to) improve anything further from the UI cluster-f within this timeframe! A classic case of moving several steps backwards - and not even arsed or able to get back to where we already were. I guess slippery slopes have that about them - slide down...
  8. J

Ancient Greece Shares

To answer from a bit further up: pps 'own' what they have developed, but MA gets a hefty chunk of revenue by providing the platform. Additionally, MA must agree to the land expansion in the first place. MA must also allow the selling on of such new virtual lands, while keeping its revenue share...
  9. J

Ancient Greece Shares

There appears to have been a pp vu planned but postponed by MA, so something new may come soon. Other than that we are still just trundling along. I'm a bit in limbo in terms of time spent logged in at all, and I'm not on NI anyway. I put the blame on the new UI as a turn-off. The patches have...
  10. J

Question: Should botting & use of macros be allowed?

Subject: human skills that still make a difference. :). Areas of the main world outside instances do still have bits where I think human skill counts, but I think the time advantage of hrs per day, plus automatically being around for waves instead of planning them in, are a massive advantage...
  11. J

Two meanings of skill here... Golden and I mean human skills, whereas avatars gain in-game points. Botters would still bot if they perceive the in-game skills to be worthwhile, or they genuinely are once mus have been considered. The real skills have indeed become less relevant now that...
  12. J

Possible negative consquence of allowing: apparently EU is not seen as gambling because of many skill elements integrated into the game. This was some time ago. It may be that officially allowing bots would counter the argument of skill being used (even if it debatable) - and relying more on...
  13. J

George: there's a difference between teaching someone a secret and being able to give someone a 3rd-party tool that does something specific. Even if allowed, I think there would be secrecy about add-ons for all sorts of things that I would dislike, but I accept it's a difficult discussion and...
  14. J

- there is a certain unfairness in allowing third-party features to boost results. - Could you elaborate on this please. What exactly is the unfairness? Sure. Unfairness stems from a technical, wealth, societal (knowledge?) or other ability to do what others cannot within the RCE format. I...
  15. J

Force-shield generator for small spacecraft

Joat has an interesting option for crossing the lootable section, of fighting someone following earlier. Lose and simply try again or decide whether to now try and cross pvp with some damage but nobody behind. With more repair stations around near pvp borders or the ability to repair in flight...
Back