Recent content by Kosh

1. Kosh

Hit rate testing round 2: Claim respawn rates

In that case I completely agree with kingofaces that you do not need huge samples to get very accurate tests. The "normalization" in fact implies the opposite of what you said: the "nature of randomness" is very well behaved even with a sample size of n=30. The probability to get a big...
  2. Kosh

What exactly do you mean "normalization kicks in"? You seem to be implying that there is an external source of (strong) dependence between the samples? If this is the case, then the computation of the confidence intervals may indeed be way off.
  3. Kosh

Good job and thanks for posting the results and your analysis! I was a bit surprised by the first round of analysis because I never experienced lower hit-rates in areas that are mined heavily. Your tests indicate that the reason is probably that the "recovery rate" is just a few minutes (5-15)...
  4. Kosh

Other players mining before you affects your hit rate

Thank you very much for doing this experiment and for sharing the results. Regarding this part: That is only valid with some strong assumptions: independence of the observations, low variance and some sort of stationarity (i.e. that results do not depend on time and location). I am not sure...
  5. Kosh

Merry Mayhem 2017 Results

What exactly was the cheat? Edit: Found the answer, thanks!
  6. Kosh

Nightbird's Loot Distribution Theory

Even the post age calculation is wrong: 2017-2006 = 11 years! Or did you use some spiral scaling time change? ;)
  7. Kosh

Selling: Ultra OG Sales Thread

How much for the mod hermetic?
  8. Kosh

Selling: Trading 10 CLD for CLD(X)

Bump . :yay:
  9. Kosh

Feel like mining a bit. Want some opinions, quick like - if possible

If you go mining indoors (CND etc') then 4 lvl 8 amps is really not enough. There is a big chance you will return with almost nothing and will feel bad. With that budget I would go either unamped indoors or use the amps planetside. May the hof be with you ;)
  10. Kosh

B :yay: u :yay: m :yay: p
  11. Kosh

Bu :yay: mp
  12. Kosh

Bump :yay:
  13. Kosh

:yay: Bump
  14. Kosh

Bump :yay:
  15. Kosh

I have 10 cld that I would like to trade for 10 cld(x)+150 peds each. PM me if you are interested in such a deal.
Back