Recent content by Larry

1. Larry

News: Announcing Triton Industries Shares

You can't really blame MindArk for trying this again to be honest. I mean, NTI shares were sold on the same premise......no info, just hype......and that sold out in 20 minutes. People complaining that they couldn't buy fast enough are now nowhere to be seen when the shares are 20% 'cheaper'...
  2. Larry

News: Announcing Triton Industries Shares

According to Google, the average toilet roll has 150 sheets - therefore I am excited to announce that all 150 sheets will be available for sale on Tuesday, December 5th for the low low price of [what we think the mugs will pay]. Desperate moves from a desperate company. Still, hats off for the...
  3. ToiletRoll.jpg

ToiletRoll.jpg

4. Larry

CalypsoMap.com looking for a new home

Just to keep everyone updated, CalypsoMap.com (and the add-on Space Map) has now been handed over to the Calypso Rescue Team. Thank you.
  5. Larry

Why buy shares?

Buying shares in-game now makes no sense. - Fees to buy ped (if depositing to buy shares) - Fees to buy the shares - Fees every time you 'list' your shares for sale - Fees to withdraw to a bank account Take all these fees off and you're not really making anything any more. Then factor in the...
  6. Larry

Thank you for the compliment. :) If I don't find a good fit to take over the site, I'll most likely just keep it going while making minor updates from time to time. I won't be making a map for other planets, but I did make one for space (https://space.calypsomap.com). Also the current site...
  7. Larry

Days since

Correct, MindArk has no 'direct' competition. The question is, why? It's not about barriers to entry. The entire float valuation of MindArk is less than $12m, and lets face it - the mechanics aren't exactly revolutionary and the player base is small. Why hasn't another company stepped in to...
  8. Larry

I hope I put this in the right forum section. lol. I've largely moved away from EU based projects, so I'm looking to hand CalypsoMap.com to someone who would like to carry on this iconic little side project. It does get regular traffic (few hundred views a week last I checked). Nothing major...
  9. Larry

New Treasure Island Deed - ROI Tracker

Agreed. I think however the observation of people buying shares at the higher prices is probably an attempt at market manipulation, as the volume is extremely low and the volume doesn't increase when the share value drops (which you would expect if there was legitimate demand). I also think...
  10. Larry

ComPet? Ark Moon Deeds? Ancient Greece shares? Even Crystal Palace shares are on the decline - how much of a track record is needed? I do think that MindArk (and planet partners) should stop selling shares in things and focus more on development, but that's a hard sell when they know they can...
  11. Larry

MindArk were very clear with their listing (posted here). They listed the area, the mobs on the area, the number of shares and the price of the shares. That's it. No revenue figures, no development promises (which history shows would have been broken anyway), nothing. If people thought this...
  12. Larry

MindArk Q&A Session LAN 2023 Summary Transcript

Part 2 Q&A: MA -->Players Q1. What would make you invite more gamers into Entropia Universe? A1. Delivery of previously promised gameplay features
  13. Larry

New Switzerland Outback Land Area 41 East (OLA 41 E) update

Sure, no problem. Map updated.
  14. Larry

New Switzerland Outback Land Area 41 East (OLA 41 E) update

As someone who used to own this LA, I can say wholeheartedly that this update is a mistake. Ah well, best of luck.
  15. Larry

Entropia Universe Unreal - Preview of HUD UI

This is a must IMHO.
Back