Recent content by mac6433

1. M

FYI: Eddric Slasher Mining Log

Thanks for the reply, that is good to know. My find rate since the last update has been 24% so I guess i'm right at the 1/4 that you mentioned.
  2. M

FYI: Eddric Slasher Mining Log

I do 100PED - 130PED runs myself. I must be doing something wrong as I'm only averaging 65% TT. What is your claim find rate if you have that handy? Just seeing if you are finding more claims or your claims are just larger over all.
  3. M

Question: Your average mining return is?

Here are my runs since the update. Also I have not gotten a global since the last update. The only notable claims (if you can call them that) across all of these runs are 1 Medium and 1 Ample. Date Claims Bombs Find Rate TT Value TT % 11/10/2013 29 141 20.57% 72.96 51.74% 11/11/2013 26 98...
  4. M

A thought on the mining nerf

This is exactly what I am experiencing. I did a small run last night and out of 30 claims I had III (1) IV (22) V (7) My TT return was 59.76% (after factoring in around 4 PED in repair costs). Other than hitting a global, the only times I've broken past 80% TT return have been when I've hit...
  5. M

Mindark increasing the cost to mine

Yeah I'm not sure why you are either. And I'm not sure why you believe I am only 2 months old (one of many things you've posted that are complete fabrications). I've been playing for over 5 years. I'll leave you with this thought. I went back through my mining spreadsheet and totaled up my...
  6. M

I think you've forgotten what started this horribly off topic discussion. Just so it is clear, you said: I never said the only way MA profits is from item decay. You keep making a straw man argument, replacing my position (decay is a means of profit for MA) with the straw man (decay is the...
  7. M

You keep saying this, but it's not making it any more true. Example: Deposit $100 for 1000 PED. To keep things simple I'll be using round numbers and we'll remove mark up and short ups and downs and assume that you get 100% TT return on bombs. Buy 997 bombs and 3 PED on finder/extractor...
  8. M

It would be bad for MA.
  9. M

Correct. Correct I never said "only". My original post was refuting the point that the cost of item decay has no impact on whether MA makes money or not. I never said or implied that this is what happens. I'm not sure "out of thin air" is accurate. PED's are a virtual representation of...
  10. M

If MA doesn't make money off of decay, then when I repair my broken F-105 for 82 PED, where does the money go? That is 82PED (which obviously has a real world $ equivalent) that has been removed from the economy, meaning it is money that someone can't withdraw from the game, meaning MA gets to...
  11. M

Resources have been redistributed...

Yeah I'm not sure where he got that unless he has run tests and isn't sharing the data. I'm only using a F-105 and have only found ore down to 736 meters. I need to run some additional tests using a deeper finder, but I don't have one and I'm not sure I'm able to afford running the test...
  12. M

And yes, I'm doing exactly what I did previously. That is bombing the entire area, over and over again, trying to determine where specific ores are. Maybe I'm being dumb and there is a smarter way. But it seems like MA is just deciding to move all the resources around so everyone has to...
  13. M

The main issue, and I'm sure it was MA's intention, is that there aren't large areas with specific types of resources. For example, previously in a specific area east and south east of Cape Corinth I would consistently find Narc and Iron ore with the occasional list. If I went north of Cape...
  14. M

The Corinth area is complete changed. Terrain, monsters, ore types, water/land location . It's a completely different area. It looks really good visually, but isn't as good mining (at least so far, for me).
  15. M

I'm a casual miner that came back to the came in mid September. I don't have a ton of PED, for reference I have 200-300 liquid and 1000 in assets. Below is data since I returned in mid September. Date Claims Bombs Find Rate TT Value Globals TT Profit 9/16/2013 33 90 36.67% 95.71 0.00...
Back