Recent content by NewNoob

1. N

Question: Does Laser Sight effectiveness scale with current durability

Doesn't matter since they do jack friggin crap anyway.
  2. N

The efficiency of scopes/lasers, Feb 2010

While that would not take a large amount of money it would take alot more time and effort since you'd have to manually record the data for all the tag shots as well as spend the time extra time it takes to finish off the mob before going to the next. I don't tihnk many would spend the time and...
  3. N

Still easily testable just need someone willing to spend a large amount of money to do it. Just need to use a gun that does enough damage to kill something small in one shot. Even if it sometimes didn't kill it in one shot it would still be enough that the majority of shots are at max range so...
  4. N

What does scopes and laser sights really do?

The tests conducted have used thousands of shots to establish the average results which should be enough to show any effect they have. If they need a much larger data set then that to show that they do infact do anything then what they are actually doing is so small that you may as well not be...
  5. N

Riker UL1 and A103?

Don't know about entropedia but entropia tools does not account for crits. I didn't use crits in my math and it matches up with entropia tools figures. Not accounting for crits will only mean the actual dmg/pec figure for each weapon is slightly incorrect. As long as you have the weapon maxed...
  6. N

Riker UL1 and A103?

Well ET does seem to be wrong. Okay using a 102.32% markup ET has Riker UL1(L) + A102 = Avg Dmg / Pec of 2.875 Riker UL1(L) + A102 = Avg Dmg / Pec of 2.876 Okay now the math. Base Data Riker UL1 (L) Decay: 1.677 pec (Decay is 1.639 but added the 102.32% MU from ET) Ammo: 400 (4pec) Total...
  7. N

Hmm well there is only one way I can see that it could affect the aim skill without actually upping it but I don't like it and its really messy/complicated and practially impossible to test so i'll also refrain from mentioning it incase MA can't come up with anything and think "oh that sounds...
  8. N

Well yes and as you said should be visible from test result too which they were not. Without Attachments Avg Dmg per Hit 6.237 and Crit 2.35% With Attachments Avg Dmg per Hit 6.181 and Crit 2.14% In fact like some other people have stated using the attachments seems to make everything worse...
  9. N

MA still hittig you with decay on a sword when you miss.

Okay I expect when you say "I can understand a gun blp or laser having decay on them when you have a miss as you are still firing ammo through the gun." that you mean even though your not shooting the gun because the ammo is still physically going through it then it is causing damage to the gun...
  10. N

True depending on how you interpret improving your aim to mean. Theres 2 ways to miss a mob you can either not have it target on your crosshair properly so that its a 100% miss all the time (in other words a player miss) or when you do have it targeted properly then you have your random chance...
  11. N

It's more then misleading and just plain fraud. Read the info on the scopes and sights and it specificalyl says "This Scope/Sight will improve the shooters aim". If it improves your aim then it will do one thing and thats make you hit more often, if you dont then it isn't improving your aim...
  12. N

SIB Workings

No i'm not confusing Hit and Damage, here is my right click for the Opalo. You can see I have 10/10 for Hit but it still says under Skill Increase Bonus for Learning Period Hit: "Yes".
  13. Opalo

Opalo

14. N

SIB Workings

Okay I understand how SIB works in that as long as the weapon isn't maxed you will gain skills longers. But when exactly is it maxed... reading entropedia it says : " As soon as you have the weapon at maximum use (hit ability = 10/10 ), the skill bonus will stop, and you may enjoy the weapon's...
  15. N

How Armor vs Damage Type Works?

I came across this on entropedia "Imagine taking 20 damage from a mob that does 50% Impact damage and 50% Acid damage. You're wearing an armor that protects 10 Impact and no acid. You also have plates that protect 10 Impact and no acid. You may expect the combination of your armor and plates...
Back