Recent content by PkmX

1. P

PkmX's Shop - Omegaton City Delta Block A #4

Bump for cheap resources! :yay:
  2. P

The Curious Case of Redulite

The thing is that it is the other way around: You can use the hit rate to predict MU, but this is always an delayed effect. Some years ago when Dianthus was still at around 170%, I noticed that if my last few hundred drops produced very low hit rate of Dianthus, the MU would usually shoot up by...
  3. P

This is basically how I believe the simplest algorithm that worked in the past: you drop a probe, the server rolls a dice to tell if you hit something and and in the 27-30% chance that you did, it calculates a depth based on your finder (a normal distribution with about 100m stdev from the avg...
  4. P

I seriously hope that it was a mistake, as if this was intentional that would bring terrible implications to the market that MA is willing to forcibly manipulate the markup of items with violent measures, and that would give people second thoughts before purchasing high markup items. This...
  5. P

Redulite...the new EP4?

With this wave system, you may as well just set up an alert on EntropiaLife when Redulite starts globaling and go do something else when there is nothing happening, like the crowd of miners gathering at Shinook right now probably waiting for the next wave to start. This is basically the...
  6. P

Redulite...the new EP4?

Well true, in retrospect most people will constantly make more profit per hour working than doing any activities in-game. Still, even if the market crashed, I think most of those miners are just going to hoard these Redulite until the MU slowly climbs back, even slowly selling this stock at 200%...
  7. P

Redulite...the new EP4?

Has this auto TT on inactivity thing ever happened to anyone? I know many people and myself have gone inactive for years and came back and still have all the items. AFAIK MA has always messed with the drop rate of Redulite for years, sometimes you could only find very few small claims here and...
  8. P

Question: Is all decay included when hunting?

I wonder how long the extra decay is kept. You could try 1) relog 2) TP to another server 3) wait an hour between step 3 and 4 and see if the decay is returned. This could give some insight into the loot algorithm. :rolleyes:
  9. P

Prices have been updated. Get your cheap resources here! New item: [Herman SIR-30] Tier 6 for sale in the shop.
  10. P

How big are "resource areas"?

Resource areas can vary in sizes, the smaller ones I have mapped are about 500m~1km in width, but they can also be as big as server. Note that I define resource areas as the area one particular kind of resource (e.g. Belkar) can spawn. Occasionally there will be a narrow lyst/oil belt...
  11. P

FYI: LBML Updater - Trojan Content

Well, it is back on Google's warning list.
  12. P

Will we ever see the Behemoth?

Are there even PE-era developers that are still employed by MA? I'm just curious.
  13. P

PkmX's Shop /wp [Calypso, 25640, 37551, 120, Omegaton City Delta Block A, Shop #4] I'm regularly restocking hunting loot & mining resources below auction price. Have a visit before you buy from auction! Updated: 2020-02-25 15:00 MA Ore Blausariam 101.7% Caldorite 101.61% Frigulite 103.68%...
  14. P

FYI: LBML Updater - Trojan Content

Yes, I suppose part of the reason it isn't open sourced is that he doesn't want people to easily submit falsified data, but honestly I don't think it will stop really dedicated people. I also wonder why MA doesn't just open an API for 3rd-party programs when they are vetting these tools. It...
  15. P

Legends' Hunting Blog!

Don't forget that items can only listed on auction at whole PEDs. You can list it at 9 PED (104.8%) and end up getting only 8.5 PED out of it after the 0.5 PED auction fee, which is worse than TT'ing it. You can also list it at 10 PED (116.4%) which is already way above average MU so you need...