Rockchick

Profile posts Latest Activity Postings Media Albums About

• eelllooooo....new piccy on my profile page...wot do u think of this one?? lily :grouphug:
    love the cat picture in the real life meet up thread...cant rep u yet...so send u a visitor message instead :D lily:grouphug: ps...27 sleeps to go! :rofl:
    hiya u famous person....was very pleased to see u on the front page...u r totally UBER...:bowdown: cya in game, lily :grouphug:
    hiya :D u inspired me to brighten up my profile page too....go check it out and tell me what u think....lily :grouphug:
    Should be working, can't be arsed... will hang around in your profile for a bit and annoy you... hope you don't mind....

Stinky:yay:
    Hiya Hon!!! :hug: and no matter where ya go, there you are!! (I know...it's an old one but a good one just the same..:) )
    i love the moon pic and would love to see it IRL...maybe me and stinky could come to wales soon, just to see it!!! have some free weekends coming up, mum in law will babysit im sure!!!! :)
    Ahh, now iam with you. I only use pen and acryl, some time i try with oil.. tho now times i dont draw some much. :(
    Thanx for pic comment, only just noticed he's gnashing at the bit in the photo lol, daft 'Orse! lol :)
    So sorry for not posting on Happy Birthday Post :/ Don't know how I missed it. Anyways, i know you had a great time. Hope you can have many and good years of life. Big kiss *
    The Cockney Alphabet

A for Horses

’ay for ’orses.

B for Mutton

Beef or Mutton.

C for ’th Highlanders

Seaforth Highlanders, a Scots regiment. Jan has “C for miles” which is good but, as I clearly remember the other one, this is strong evidence that there was more than one version around. Another is “C for yourself.”

D for ’ential

Deferential. I always knew it as D for Dumb (Deaf or Dumb). Phil has D(eath) or Glory which is also plausible.

E for Adam
    Eve or Adam. Jan has “Heave a Brick” Any votes fo Eva Peron which I have seen quoted?

F for Essence

Effervescence.

G for Police

Chief of Police.

H for Respect
    Age for Respect. Another possibility is "H for Consent" (Age of Consent) but that may have been to risqué at the time. Jan provided this one, neither Geoff or I were happy with the alternatives.

I for Novello

Ivor Novello, a musical impresario, perhaps later “Ivor the engine,” a children’s book. “I for Looting" (High Falutin (?sp)) has been suggested.

J for Oranges

Jaffa Oranges, a treat after wartime rationing but were they around before?

K for ’ancis
    Kay Francis—a film star. Jan has “Café or Restaurant.” or perhaps Cafeteria. Wikipedia has the alternative "K for Undressing" but I don’t like it at all.

L for Leather

’ell for Leather, running fast.

M for Sis

Emphasis, I heard it as “Emva Cream”, a British sweet fortified wine but this is better.

N for Dig
    Infradig. Jan has “Envelope.”

O for the Garden Wall

Over the Garden Wall. I knew it as "O for the Wings of a Dove", a popular song at the time. Alternatively “Over the Rainbow”.

P for Penny
    A cue for the straight man of the duo to respond “Yes, I’ll pass that.”. On the same theme, Jan has “Pee for Relief.”

Q for a Song

I knew it as “Queue for Everything,” a wartime rationing phenomenon. Good alternatives Geoff suggests are “Cue for billiards”. Jan has “Queue for a Bus.”

R for Askey

’Arfer Askey, a radio comedian, or one that Arthur would have loved is “’Arf a Mo” i.e. “Just a Minute.”

S for You
    ‘As (or It’s) for You”—another banter cue, the response being “As for you, too.” Jan prefers “Esther Williams,” the Million Dollar Mermaid, a film star and athlete.

T for Two

Tea for Two, a popular song. Another one I have seen is “Teeth or Gums.”

U for Me

You for Me, the next line in the song. Alternatively “UFA Films,” A German WWI and WWII propaganda organisation which was a respected film company between the wars. “U for Ear” (Euphoria) is another good one.

V for France

Vive La France. I had “V for Victory” but I’m outvoted

W for Quid

“Double you for a quid”, (“quid” is slang for a pound sterling, or bob—a shilling) a betting risk. Another possibility is “Double or Quits,” a last ditch bet. I heard it as “Double y’r money”, an early TV game show but this was probably a later change

X for Breakfast

Eggs for Breakfast

Y for Husband

Wife or Husband or alternatively Wife or Mistress. “Y-fronts” is probably a later version. The Clapham and Dwyer version is apparently “Y for Gawd's sake” which is a bit weak.

Z for Breezes

Zephyr Breezes (or Winds). Alternatively Zephyr Zodiac, a car by Ford, perhaps also a later change
    :wave: OooOoo, I love the colors in here!! I'm diggin' it ;) Thanks for all of the "Gratz" and support :hug:
    Hi RC - got your message an have applied to join group, did you check out my picyure in gallery ( rl pics) ? Se you in game soon hun :)
    Thx, and thanks for the fun beacon ride. Just trying to give something back :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back