Recent content by Sidewinder

1. Sidewinder

EBN Breaking News: A new governor is appointed!

So, North Amathera, I guess, and the linking of Amathera to Eudoria by lands..
  2. Sidewinder

Space Pirate countermeasures.

By better designed, I'm assuming you mean basically easier. Perhaps just normal pvp or none at all? Prices would bottom out. The system is designed so it is difficult, so its not just a 5 minute formality before aquiring goods. Risk vs Reward; the traders who risk it will likely make a very...
  3. Sidewinder

Space Pirate countermeasures.

Man. I mean, maybe my EVE background has...made me callous. But...you guys are pretty...wimpy tbh. Rule number 1) Don't carry what you can't afford to lose. A variation on EVE's rule number one, but one that works very well. I'm unsure what you guys actually wanted. The old hangar system...
  4. Sidewinder

Space travel means no travel at all

They can build demand and their own economy by finding their own playerbases, not just Calypso's playerbase on a holiday. IMO they don't need players who loot the new gear and stuff, only to take it away from the planet. They need players who pump stuff back into its local economy. Doesn't mean...
  5. Sidewinder

We demand change to lootable PVP in space

Not strictly true. PLEX can be bought with IRL money and sold ingame, to fund some of the uh...beefier ships. You can do it the grindy way or the easy way.
  6. Sidewinder

Question: Is Arkadia already losing momentum?

Honestly, i hate to sound like a sky-is-falling-down guy, but... it just seems like it is. Auction is dying down fast, honestly I never see mining hofs almost, crafting is rare and hunters are the most common but still pretty slow. Couple this with the apparent situation that; 1) Main mob...
  7. Sidewinder

JamesBond67

lemme guess... Smuggler edition CAP 101 :P
  8. Sidewinder

FYI: Stop Hunting with Air ships please.

You're not seriously suggesting that all crimes have signs warning you against them around the world are you? The "Don't murder" sign is a big favourite of mine, up there with "No rioting" and the "No violence" signs. No, an exploit does not need to be underlined and whatever else in the...
  9. Sidewinder

FYI: Stop Hunting with Air ships please.

IIRC Mary Jane got banned for it (temp)
  10. Sidewinder

My thoughts on new planets and it's developers.

That's just bad development, not a redeeming comment for Rocktropia. ND put out a half-baked product, just so he could say "FIRST!", instead of putting out a product that was well developed and not just slapped out quickly. The pioneers don't have to have it hard, if they wait. With all that...
  11. Sidewinder

What non-MMO games are you playing now?

Awaiting Witcher 2 like the junkie I am.
  12. Sidewinder

Question: NEVERDIE and his influence in people trust and game

Man, its been a while. Okay, I'm gonna come straight out and say this, from what I've read; The game needs to develop into more than a network of "change the skin" games. The gameplay of this game is already dull and lacking; copy and pasting makes this much more obvious. Furthermore, if I...
  13. Sidewinder

FYI: -= My skilling study for Eco Hunting vs Mobs =-

Hot damn man, watch it, you're temptin me..
  14. Sidewinder

Info: Mining at CND – a new approach

What I do know from Legions theory at least is that supposedly, you dont need skill gains for claims, but the idea is that WHEN you do get a skillgain, it's an indicator of a claim. I've always preferred randomley droppping em though.
  15. Sidewinder

Calypso Gateway – an entry to a world of opportunity and adventure

EU was also my first MMO ever, seriously. Back in 2006. After the change to amps, I took a break and tried a few other MMO's, due to my FL dying.
Back