Recent content by SparkyJordan

1. SparkyJordan

New mob pets?

I think other players should be tameable in PVP areas, so you get to have avatars who have to follow you around and carry stuff for you. Oh wait, slavery is bad... nevermind. :D
  2. SparkyJordan

EU Corporations in Cryengine?

The introduction of factories as an alternate way to earn beginner peds is a nice idea. The idea of 5 or 6 factories making the same bullets is a little silly though. Makes no sense. There would be no point of differentiation except in price and maybe location/availability. What makes sense is...
  3. SparkyJordan

New Planets and EU

As I understand it, most of the new planets will be new places to go within the same game, sort of like how CND is. As for how avatars will travel back and forth between planets, that remains to be seen. Maybe space travel (again, like CND)?
  4. SparkyJordan

Conspiracy Theory O_o

I think the vast majority of complainers are from immature dreamers who signed up because they read they could make money playing video games for free. Then the harsh reality set in that they would actually need to invest to have any sort of chance at it, just like any business. After realizing...
  5. SparkyJordan

Limit the deposit?

This is the strangest idea for EU I've ever heard. It's like Walmart telling its customers "You can enter the store for free, but you have to spend money to take anything home. However, since some of our customers are buying TVs instead of paying their credit card bills, you can't spend more...
  6. SparkyJordan

VWN: CE2 not before Q2 2009

I don't mind the delay at all. It means that much more time for me to play before my laptop bursts into flames from trying to run CE2.
  7. SparkyJordan

customization payment

When you hunt, no one benefits from it but you. Beauty and clothing customization benefits the person who is on the receiving end.
  8. SparkyJordan

customization payment

I don't think it's fair to expect people to customize their stuff for free. At the very least you should be covered for the materials used. Perhaps you can ask for donations on top of that?
  9. SparkyJordan

A little help please

I get the same thing, nothing.
  10. SparkyJordan

JoshEdward’s Smart Trade Terminal Solution (STTS)

For the web developer position, you should also post what you expect the website to do. If it's just to present information, then only a basic skillset is needed. However if you need it to process memberships, present dynamic spreadsheet data and other programatic services, it will require much...
  11. SparkyJordan

Creative Kingdom Website, overdue?

I've seen a few preliminary screenshots of Next Island, though I can't find the thread now. People were disappointed that were weren't more interesting details, even though we were warned they were not final. It makes sense that CK would keep such information private until they have final...
  12. SparkyJordan

current EU problems, as i see them

I think MA does want to improve the game for everyone, but they can only focus on so many things at once. Who knows how long they've had to invest resources into re-engineering the game for CryEngine2? There's no point in tweaking and adding things to a game when it's all going to be scrapped...
  13. SparkyJordan

FYI: Screen shots from Next Island Planet

Well they did say that these were still under construction, that it was still a "draft copy" of sorts. Maybe the final version will be a little more remarkable?
  14. SparkyJordan

Info: Batle of Hades, latest pictures

Thanks for this photo narrative! After hearing about the mess and the lag, I know I'm much better off simply reading about it rather than participating. Good story. +rep
  15. SparkyJordan

SEE Virtual Worlds, Entropia Universe join forces to bring blockbuster movie properties to virtual world.

There seems to be a lot of concern over the quality of the new planets. McDonald's planet... LOL. Well if McDonald's was able to convince MA that they can appeal to an untapped market then maybe it will happen. But I find it doubtful that they could convince anyone that the 5-10 year old segment...
Back