Recent content by SpikeBlack

1. SpikeBlack

Camera & Control System Preview and Guides

The same thing was tried in vu10. It was hell, you couldn't walk up a slope that was waist high, it took ages to navigate around even hills because we could not go over them as we didn't have vehicles. Can we at least go up the slope at a different angle i.e. rather than straight at it but at a...
  2. SpikeBlack

Suggestion: DEEDS that return % of your own expendatures!

I've been inactive for a while now, forum and game only logging in to keep my account alive. The reason because it wasn't that I'd bought lots of deeds and I'm only collecting the ped. It's because I didn't find EU fun to play anymore. I've been playing another free to play looter shooter, I...
  3. SpikeBlack

What Floats your Musical Boat, At this Very Second :)

Having a boring drive home each day I've started to listen to my old albums again.
  4. SpikeBlack

Planetcalypsoforum not secure?

Has anyone tried visiting the site by forcing the https? There is a site but due to the scripts being linked to by http rather than https none of the formating is present and chrome insists that it isn't secure because of it and won't load the scripts. The certificate says it's valid for...
  5. SpikeBlack

Making Space Inviting(+ lootable people?)

May be they should get another company in to write it. Even Dice got another company - Criterion - to write the space combat side for BF2. It feels like MA just turned off the gravity and swapped player avatars for ships rather than building a space sim. If they need to use a completely...
  6. SpikeBlack

MindArk Test Workshop

Hmm four days later and I'm wondering if it means the camera as in the view point we have of the game world rather than an actual video camera :laugh:
  7. SpikeBlack

MindArk Test Workshop

Facial login system, put your face on your avatar or video chat?
  8. SpikeBlack

Arkadia Moon launched!

It's happened a couple of times I believe. One time they moved the planets and forgot to move the Calypso safe spawn point in space. I think that's when they finally moved the planetary spawn point to the local Space station. Anyone who's played an online fps will tell you that having only one...
  9. SpikeBlack

Compet Payout ROI

The Stables were sold on a possible link to the app as well? Did that ever happen?
  10. SpikeBlack

I lost it!!

MA taking the sand box away from the players helped lose some of it for me years ago. A lot of the fun was that MA left us alone to get on with it by ourselves with only a bar framework of a game but small things like the sweat camp and then the missions sort of dried up the enthusiasm with them...
  11. SpikeBlack

Are you a Good Entropia Universe Customer?

For MA I'm probably a bad customer, I use the servers (not that I play much anymore), don't and won't recommend EU to anyone else and haven't deposited in years (I can't remember the last time I did) so they've already spent any money I have deposited a long time ago.
  12. SpikeBlack

Good general purpose laptop for gaming and traveling?

I know someone who buys apple for the hardware but then installs windows on it. Back on topic I'd add Acer to the list of brands to never touch with a barge pole - there's a reason why they're cheap - they're crap. If you're travelling with it then get a business grade machine - generally...
  13. SpikeBlack

The Day the Music Died

I was there for that one, I remember we tried to get a line of synchronized dancing but ultimately failed and I spent some time in the hot tub playing a music quiz.
  14. SpikeBlack

EU 2.0 - What would you do differently?

What would I do? I certainly wouldn't do what MA did, introduce (L) with a massive tt price and fuck up the entire loot system to allow them to drop. I'd implement (L) by making them all crafted, keep the tt price similar to the existing items, cut the decay by half compared to the original UL...
  15. SpikeBlack

Loot Boxes Are Now Illegal, What's This Mean For Strongboxes?

Hunting, mining and crafting, even if it's only a small part, require some knowledge of the game but you can open strong boxes without moving and that's where the distinction lies. Although the swirlies for hofs and aths come right out of the playbook for loot boxes, we've all gotten a rush from...
Back