Recent content by TheOneOmega

1. T

FYI: 2FA: Authy Desktop Application Will Be Removed

Is it harder to get support from MindArk for syncing issues and such if you use something other than Entropia Pocket? Everything on the website is all about Pocket and doesn't even acknowledge alternatives.
  2. T

Support question

I'm going on 12 days so far trying to ask some questions about Entropia Pocket compatibility. It says the case was updated yesterday but there's no reply, so maybe they put in a reply and deleted it, or maybe it was elevated to the wumbo team yesterday or something.
  3. T

Suggestion: Close instances that share resources with Mayhem instances

While some notion of better/worse can certainly be reverse constructed to make this true, I don't see a way to square such a notion with what Entropia fundamentally is. In a dime-a-dozen mobile game where the user experience is a non-stop centrally-planned barrage of immediate gratification and...
  4. T

Suggestion: Close instances that share resources with Mayhem instances

I think this type of approach to the problem would set exactly the wrong precedent. The sandbox nature of Entropia is supposed to be all about the Entropian having open access to a wide range of options and modes of gameplay, not the developer taking evermore aggressive measures to confine the...
  5. T

Error logging in

Interesting, has anyone had success utilizing these products on Entropia accounts? Seeing "Hash algorithm: sha1 (default)" on the token2 products is a bit shocking, as the protocol's been considered insecure for almost as long as Entropia's been around.
  6. T

2FA For Old Farts

The main argument is that the Gold Card Security System has far superior security properties, namely that the device is dedicated exclusively to its specific security task without the ability to execute arbitrary software, and that the device has no online connectivity, both of which severely...
  7. T

What Floats your Musical Boat, At this Very Second :)

Youtube says this song has literally No views and can't find it elsewhere. Maybe I'm one of the first to ever hear it!
  8. T

Very annoying sweat collector on Rock Tropia / Creatur Hater

I think this style of accounting misses far too many of the indirect causal effects which thread the Entropian ecosystem to be of much use. Of course, in an ex post sense, MindArk would prefer to have attracted only the subset of its actual playerbase which would have resulted in the highest...
  9. T

Very annoying sweat collector on Rock Tropia / Creatur Hater

Have the developers actually announced that they intend for players to hunt these mobs only in certain areas? Entropia has been suffering catastrophic levels of developer intent over-expression in recent years arising from long-standing corporate incentive misalignments, to the extent of...
  10. T

Remove Crafting Condition

Thanks for the kind words! This was my first reaction, but I decided to accept his two sentence challenge. :laugh:
  11. T

First I explain two existing strategic benefits of the slider, as per request. Then I offer an argument for why that framing is too narrow, restate the question and a very partial sketch of an answer in terms of design principles (focusing on composability) instead of specific known benefits...
  12. T

Alright, let's start with a couple of fairly specific examples and then try to abstract to some more broadly-applicable conclusions. Typically, Alice Chalice McPalacen exhibits a slightly risk-adverse utility function, and chooses pure Quantity on the crafting slider. However, there is...
  13. T

Info: MindArk's CEO Henrik Nel Jerkrot resigns

Resigned after Gold Card apocalypse! Coincidence? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Yes
  14. T

News: Information regarding Gold Cards

This is odd wording. Are all Gold Card users unable to login due to technical issues (a.k.a., the entire system is toast), or only a subset (i.e., those who attempted to log in since the issue arose are bricked but others will be fine)?
  15. T

News: Information regarding Gold Cards

MindArk will likely switch to the quantum resistant Platinum Card Superiority System by then.
Back