Recent content by Traf Rellik

1. Traf Rellik

The term "Dynamic"

LOL, yes, I can predict it too: I get none, a few get a little, and someone else gets a lot. So I guess the system dynamics are NOT dynamic enough to qualify for *some* peoples standards. Yep, now that it is no longer characterized by continuous change, activity, or progress, we should all...
  2. Traf Rellik

The term "Dynamic"

Maki - you are entitled to your opinion, I just believe you are using a far-fetched stretch of logic to tie the "dynamics" of EU into something that doesn't fit the definition of a dynamic loot system. The evidence is abundantly available, you simply prefer to look at elements that paint a...
  3. Traf Rellik

MIndark the JEC,IRS,CIA and you?

Putting words in my mouth, now? I never said the meetings were ORGANIZED to give MA a chance. But without the meetings, what chance do they get? Really now, there is no projection here. A chance to put your best foot forward and represent a company for it's benefits rather than through...
  4. Traf Rellik

The term "Dynamic"

I disagree with you. I don't believe control over the variables invalidates the dynamic nature of the system based on current usage OR the definition quoted. If this were so, dynamic (volume) gain, dynamic air suspension, dynamic link libraries, dynamic content, and virtually all dynamic...
  5. Traf Rellik

Definitely. Although I would hope that some discussion surrounding the loot system itself was offerred up, lest the IRS conclude by default that it's an online gambling system and effectively shut it down for U.S. players like me. In the absence of this evidence, casual observance may easily...
  6. Traf Rellik

The term "Dynamic"

We all need a chill pill here, I'll take the red one. Dynamic: ignoring the dictionary for a moment, we know something else about this word. It also describes language ITSELF. Yes, the dictionary keeps up with current usage because the language itself is dynamic. Words change in common...
  7. Traf Rellik

The term "Dynamic"

More directly: Ahhh..... Dynamic! Seriously, though -- they use a legitimate definition as it is non-static. The system has constantly changing adjustments that include environment, user, and time based variables. In this sense, you cannot predict it's behavior (from outside the system)...
  8. Traf Rellik

The U.S. has a capital gains tax, and the rules are complicated enough so that 4 different tax attourneys will likely come back with 4 different answers as to when it's assessed, how much to assess it for, and what that assessment is. My (unprofessional) understanding is that you can classify...
  9. Traf Rellik

Entropia Universe Cash Card Update

They have updated (and resolved) this issue. Summary (as I recall it): 1) You can no longer buy them. 2) All purchasers will get a refund. 3) They have stopped advertising it. 4) They are still looking at doing this down the road. This is no longer a live issue, in short.
  10. Traf Rellik

Let's create an international law that says that all meetings held with government agencies must be disclosed, and use the boy scouts code of honor to enforce it. </sarcasm> Serioiusly though, if you suspect that something nefarious *did* take place, you haven't provided any evidence to...
  11. Traf Rellik

Amateur hour in the QA dept

Lava, I do agree. My problem is obvious as evidenced by this thread. You cannot tell someone that is upset (rightly so) about there being so many problems, that the list includes otherwise simple things that should have clearly been caught by the QC department. I'd just LOVE to be able to set...
  12. Traf Rellik

Oh, for clarification, part of my "furor" *was* based on logic that appeared to support their "form over function" mentality (something that gets my ire fast and hard). MA has spent considerable time perfecting cosmetics while letting core functionality issues sit idle. I can't say that this...
  13. Traf Rellik

Yes, I probably did over-react to the OP's use of negativity, and under reacted to the desire to bring about a resolution. I apologize for that wholeheartedly. I was somewhat primed for the flood of "negative VU threads" that came in, and it was probably just the straw that broke the camels...
  14. Traf Rellik

Way to turn my words around, and also nice to claim to know my mindset when you so totally missed it, as evidenced by your faulty analogy. To use a more apt analogy: I never said that a doctor should ignore the broken nose because of a gun shot wound, I said that the gun shot wound takes...
  15. Traf Rellik

I appreciate this response - and agree again that some communications about their failures is appropriate (and good). My point was simply that you can't expect perfection without ignoring their historical lack thereof. So, step one is to file support cases, to ensure they "get busy with it"...
Back