Planet Calypso Content Release 2020.0.4

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2020-09-01

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Note

• Implemented content in preparation for upcoming release.

Changes
  • Hunting Challenge missions and terminals have been removed.
  • Pyrite adjustments.

Originally Posted Here

edit: more soon perhaps :)

Pyrite adjustments meaning?

Entropia Universe 17.3 Release Notes

Changes
  • The engine sounds for Motherships has been updated.
  • The turret sounds for Motherships and tanks has been updated.
  • The minimum zoom for Mothership turrets has been reduced.
  • The damage type for Quad Wing weapons has been changed from Burn to Electric, in preparation for more general upcoming changes to space combat.

Pyrite adjustments meaning?

probably the sound of pyrite was adjusted

Damn that was an exciting afternoon :)

Best update ever!?

Seems like they had to give up on implementing whatever they planned

the ship seems louder and the warp voice too quiet to hear almost imo

Content in preparation for release. ?

So this is what was keeping it down. Means it failed. Shame, but better later and properly tested.
Wait a sec....they had one year to test it .
They wanted to remove the missions a year ago...or would they truely have left us with nothing to do archievement wise ?

IMHO...halfbaked and poorly thought through.
Aas were most past of the VU the past 2 years

Wait a sec....they had one year to test it .
They wanted to remove the missions a year ago...or would they truely have left us with nothing to do archievement wise ?

IMHO...halfbaked and poorly thought through.
Aas were most past of the VU the past 2 years

They have not been working on a VU for 1 year, as they were several during that timeframe. They have been on a country mandated vacation (during migration) for the last 4-6 weeks. You make the assumption they had content to put in this VU. They likely did not. This is always historically a PP VU.. and it was.

They have been on a country mandated vacation (during migration) for the last 4-6 weeks.

Can people stop with this "country mandated vacation" crap already?

In Sweden, we have a law that states that you as a worker have the right to have at least four weeks continuous vacation in the time period June-August. If an agreement can be met between employer and employee the employee has a right to decide where in this time period their vacation is. If not,, the employer has the ultimate say in the matter and can choose freely how to place those four continuous weeks for each employee.

Most workplaces (all of the ones I've worked at) keep things running during the summer. Ultimately it is up to the employer to decide what is best for the company, and for some reason MA appears to have decided that it's best for the company to shut down for a month. This is completely fine, and according to all regulations.

Ultimately, you can't, however, blame this on MA being a Swedish company. There is no law in Sweden saying you have to close shop for a month in July. This is on MA. And it's likely what is best for the company somehow.

Can people stop with this "country mandated vacation" crap already?

In Sweden, we have a law that states that you as a worker have the right to have at least four weeks continuous vacation in the time period June-August. If an agreement can be met between employer and employee the employee has a right to decide where in this time period their vacation is. If not,, the employer has the ultimate say in the matter and can choose freely how to place those four continuous weeks for each employee.

Most workplaces (all of the ones I've worked at) keep things running during the summer. Ultimately it is up to the employer to decide what is best for the company, and for some reason MA appears to have decided that it's best for the company to shut down for a month. This is completely fine, and according to all regulations.

Ultimately, you can't, however, blame this on MA being a Swedish company. There is no law in Sweden saying you have to close shop for a month in July. This is on MA. And it's likely what is best for the company somehow.

You are mixing two things here. My comment is in fact that they have chosen to do this due to these regulations. I don't care what Sweden does. But it does impact that they have nothing ready for this VU.

You are mixing two things here. My comment is in fact that they have chosen to do this due to these regulations. I don't care what Sweden does. But it does impact that they have nothing ready for this VU.

Ah yes. Sorry my bad! I interpreted the word "Mandated" as "Made mandatory". After this post ^ I looked up the definition and realized my mistake. Sorry again.

Ah yes. Sorry my bad! I interpreted the word "Mandated" as "Made mandatory". After this post ^ I looked up the definition and realized my mistake. Sorry again.

No problem. I'll take the correction as well.

[Entirely over the top]

[Worse case to get someone to buy your avatar]

Walk away. You could always deposit through the transfer center, if you really wanted to.

No problem. I'll take the correction as well.

Walk away. You could always deposit through the transfer center, if you really wanted to.
no, I wanted to open my boxes instead of paying extra auction fee..
Do I really need to pay MA more?
& about the ava sales. about time someone speaks up? or not?

no, I wanted to open my boxes instead of paying extra auction fee..
Do I really need to pay MA more?
& about the ava sales. about time someone speaks up? or not?

These are not MA fees. These are credit card fees. But yes, I do agree with you that the 2FA issue (which is what it is, not a deposit issue) on the website is messed up. Not only would I like to cycle boxes, but I need to take inventory on the item page. They are doing things (such as changing captcha). It is just taking them a really long time (wayyyy too long). It has been reporting bad codes for several weeks now but still would allow you to move forward to the webshop.

These are not MA fees. These are credit card fees. But yes, I do agree with you that the 2FA issue (which is what it is, not a deposit issue) on the website is messed up. Not only would I like to cycle boxes, but I need to take inventory on the item page. They are doing things (such as changing captcha). It is just taking them a really long time (wayyyy too long). It has been reporting bad codes for several weeks now but still would allow you to move forward to the webshop.

I wanted to open my boxes instead of selling them & paying auction fee..
I've been here 14 years, even online chat been disabled for me.
I kinda had it with the mentality MA is showing me.
same on PCF, it's ok to delete my post but when I call you out for it, is it that much to send me a pm?
I had 4 eomon loots go poof becouse of lag & server crash, spoke to online support moment it happend), they where gonna refund it.. Still waiting 4 weeks later.
My support case ingame from last night, closed by Ulf..
pretty obvious I'm not gonna log in to make a new one. (can't do it from website)
TT return.. some got it from MA, I got a FUCK you, waste some more.. fair or 2 measurements?

2020-09-01

Note

• Implemented content in preparation for upcoming release.
Changes
  • Hunting Challenge missions and terminals have been removed.
  • Pyrite adjustments.

With a three month gap since the last Planet Calypso VU, I hope there was content that didn't make it and we will see it in a forthcoming release?

A Community Manager would be allowed to say that you know, and maybe a rough idea when.

Wow, just wow.

Such a rush to remove irons, and replace it with … something that will be released in the future. Cant make this stuff up.
If it's anything like voting rights with CLD's, as just a single example, were in for a long wait.

Hmm, so quite a lot of negative vibes to MA from the player base after yesterdays VU which did not appear to include much in the way of updates, with the comment that it was in preparation for new content. So MA obviously were unable to get the content to work correctly, but after a few hours normal service was resumed and I guess we will have to wait for the new content. A few snippets of information would appear to indicate that we maybe getting a space update, what with the comments about ship noises and weirdness going on over transportation fees. My soc mate and I also noticed that the scanners are not working correctly at the moment, in that they are not showing all detail when they are operated. Reference the Codex on other planets, this was advised as being in the future and not this specific VU so that will probably arrive after the current VU is fixed. For me it is time to visit other planets. After a year of being predominantly on Caly to finish up any Iron missions, I plan to visit each of the other planets to see where I am with the old style legacy missions and see if there are any worth finishing off.

This must justify the pre-vu shit loot spree!

I dont think any "real" EU-player did count on this VU to work full out (why would it? It NEVER does) but the lack of ANY kind of response from MA is really scary. The biggest update for i dont know how long and NO news from MA...this is truly scary....

Back