RDI Secret Lab - some info

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
Sector A1 and Sector B1 seem very similar in design. The mobs are approximately 20% stronger in Sector B1.

Sample Room (Tezlapod):
To unlock the terminal that gives you 'free' buffs, your team will need 50 Triphased Wires. You will get 6 PED TT back as Shrapnel so the cost for this is just the mu of the Triphased Wires. Note that in order to unlock the terminal that gives the buffs, you need someone with >2500 Engineering skill.

For your "free" buffs you need Animal Eye Oil, Thyroid Oil and Muscle Oil, 10 ped of each. You will receive 10 ped of shrapnel back for each one, which is why it can be considered "free". You have to have these in order to continue to the next area so bring those oils with you.

The 3rd stage of Sampling TZ-xx has 2 bosses (level 691 for Sector A1, level 832 for Sector B1), so be careful not to aggro both of them at the same time. Your team can stand in the corner to avoid aggroing more than one at a time. These are believed to do 100% Electric damage. They have a ton of regen so make sure to have adequate DPS on your team. The Level 832 has 12k hp, but that hardly means anything because he regens ~15% every 5 seconds. What this means is that 360 of your dps is being absorbed by his regen so if you want to be able to kill him, you need more than that (12,000*0.15/5=360 hp/sec).

SectorBossTotal hpSpecial Characteristics
A1​
L691 Sampling TZ-15​
~10k hp​
Very high health regeneration: ~300 hp/second​
B1​
L832 Sampling TZ-25​
12k hp​
Very high health regeneration: ~360 hp/second​

Coliseum (Calamusoid):
After the 3rd round of Tezlapod you go next door and enter your Profiled A1 key in order to enter the Coliseum (next area). Each member of the team has to have a key for this. In the next area there will be 3 rounds of Calamusoids:

The first round will be either 6 Middle weight Calamusoids with lots of hp regen, or 1 Super Heavyweight Formasoid (SH-10 for Sector A1 and SH-15 for Sector B1). Their damage types are assumed to be the same as the Calamusoids found outside in the swamps. Each 'Vulnerability' debuff increases the damage you take by 2%, this debuff accumulates over time (stacks), so the longer it takes to kill him, the more extra damage you take. For example if you have accumulated 25 of these, you will take 50% more damage.

The 2nd round will be Tezlasoids, either 10 Middle weight, or 1 Super Heavyweight Tezlasoid (SH-10 for Sector A1 and SH-15 for Sector B1). If the name means anything then these probably deal a certain amount of Electric damage. If this is the case it would appear that the Middle weight deals Electric in higher proportion than the Super Heavyweight does, probably because the Super Heavyweight has a clubbed hand which is believed to deal a combination of Impact/Cut damage.

If you are not adequately protected against these guys, chances are that you will die here against the Middle weight. It would be a very good idea that at least one member of your team has a Divine Intervention and/or Rakzum's pouch here. H-DNA works as well.

The 3rd round will be either a Super Heavyweight or the 10 minute Survival round. The Super Heavyweight could be a Strangler/Brawler, a Tezlasoid or a Dicer/Basher. These all 'function' differently. For example the Strangler/Brawler have shields which need to be disabled by killing all the regular Calamusoids that spawn in groups of 5 at a time. There will be 9 spawns in total, L24 Champions for Sector A1, L25 Clan Warlords for Sector B1. During the time that his Shields are active, nobody will be able to deal him any damage.

The Tezlasoid is vulnerable to the full damage from only 1 type of weapon at a time and this weapon type changes every 10 seconds. It cycles through Firearms, Mindforce and then Close damage, in that order, and then starts again at Firearms. As for the other 2 weapon types that the Tezlasoid is not weak to, it seems that at least 125 points of damage is mitigated and only the remainder of the damage hits him. For the most efficient kill here every team member should switch to the weapon type which the Tezlasoid boss has a weakness to.

Seems that the Dicer/Basher could appear in either round 2 or round 3. That guy gives you debuffs called 'Corroding' and 'Debilitated'. The Corroding debuff deals you 60 damage every 3 seconds but your armor can absorb some of this. This damage appears as white numbers above your health bar. The Debilitated debuff reduces the healing amount of your FAP by 90%. In addition to all that, the Basher hits pretty hard and you'll likely die if he crits you.

In the Survival round you have to survive for 10 minutes while wave after wave of Middle weight Formasoids spawn. They give a 'Nerve Gas' debuff which is handed out to every team member every 5 seconds and deals you 3 points of damage every 3 seconds. These 'Nerve Gas' debuffs accumulate (stack) over time which means that after 30 seconds for example, you will have 6 of these, effectively dealing you 18 points of damage every 3 seconds. The maximum stack is 40, which is 120 points of damage every 3 seconds. You can get rid of these 'Nerve Gas' debuffs by operating the panel that will appear in the center of the room from time to time. Operating the panel eliminates all the 'Nerve Gas' debuffs for everyone on your team. But of all possible spawns in the 3rd round I'd say this one is probably the easiest as these don't aggro until you shoot them which means you can pick at them one by one at your own pace.

SECTOR A1
Super Heavyweight
Total hp (estimated)
Special Characteristics
L300 Formasoid SH-10​
~130k hp​
'Vulnerability' and 'Debilitated' debuffs​
L??? Tezlasoid SH-10​
~135k hp​
Weakness to only 1 weapon type, i.e.: firearms, close, mindforce
(changes every 10 seconds)​
L270 Subject SH-12 Strangler​
~115k hp​
Shields need to be disabled by eliminating the
L24 Calamusoid Champions (9 spawns in total)​
L??? Subject SH-30 Dicer​
~125k hp​
'Corroding' and 'Debilitated' debuffs ???​

Just from looking at these numbers, I would venture a guess that if your team doesn't have at least 400 dps (~65 dps per team member for a team of 6) there's no point even trying, it will be just too difficult.

SECTOR B1
Super Heavyweight
Total hp (from scan)
Special Characteristics
L362 Formasoid SH-15​
162k hp​
'Vulnerability' and 'Debilitated' debuffs​
L527 Tezlasoid SH-15​
168k hp​
Weakness to only 1 weapon type, i.e.: firearms, close, mindforce
(changes every 10 seconds)​
L328 Subject SH-14 Brawler​
144k hp​
Shields need to be disabled by eliminating the
L25 Calamusoid Clan Warlords (9 spawns total)​
L476 Subject SH-40 Basher​
156k hp​
'Corroding' and 'Debilitated' debuffs​

For Sector B1, I would guess that anything less than at least 500 dps would just be practically impossible, so at least 80 dps per team member for a 6 men team. It will probably take a long time to kill some of these Super Heavyweights but it should be doable if you have adequate armor protection, a good FAP and some H-DNA. The hardest boss here is the Basher with his 'Corroding' and 'Debilitated' debuffs which can make it very hard to recover at times when your health is low. So a few MediStim in case you encounter that one would probably be advisable if your team is on the weak side.

The Loot:
The loot you get from the mobs in the instance is pretty standard: Shrapnel, Animal Oils (all of them except Brain Oil), Components, Calamusoid parts... The most interesting drops I've seen so far would be Calamusoid Cyst, Strengthened Metal Plating and Highly Volatile Fluid. There is a chance of getting a Safe Key which seems to be where the payoff is.

In addition to the standard loot you got from all the previous mob kills, you now enter the lab and loot the Data Storage Units using the Private Lab Keys you looted during the Calamusoid wave. These Data Storage Units give you RDI Designs which can be turned in for Universal Ammo back at Fort Medusa.

If you got a Safe Key, unlock the Control Panel with 50 Triphased Wires and go into the other room and from the Personal Storage Units there you will get:

Sector A1: 100 PED of Emeralds, 100 PED Shrapnel, 3k Blazar Fragments, RDI Designs and a Profiled B1 key.
Sector B1: 125 PED of Emeralds, Rubies or Diamonds, 125 PED Shrapnel, 5k Blazar Fragments, RDI Designs and a Profiled B1 key (should probably be a C1 key).

In addition to the Safe Key which you will have likely looted during the Calamusoid wave, you will also need 375 Triphased Wires (45 PED TT) and 400 Garcent Lubricant (80 PED TT) for this so bring that with you. (Note that a certain amount of Engineering skills is required to be able to unlock the Control Panel and open the door, it is unknown exactly how much but in Sector B1, it's more than 2700.)

RDI Backpack:
To get the new RDI backpack you need 500 Contract to Kill. This is a daily mission you can take at Fort Medusa. You can only get 2 such contracts per day and only Sector A1 counts for now. Therefore it will take at least 250 days to gather 500 of these and before anyone can discover the new Backpack.

Other things you should know:
- If you die during a wave and hit 'revive', you cannot re-enter the area until everyone is dead and has been revived outside or the round is cleared.
- Once everyone has died, you will all be able to re-enter the area.
- You start the stage you were on over again. So if you completed stage 1 or stage 2 already, you won't have to re-do it again.
- You won't need another key to continue.
- Do not leave the Secret Lab through the exit after you have given the key or you will have to give a new key again.
- There are some bugs in the RDI Lab and Evey has created a comprehensive list which you can see here.
- Max team size is 6! So choose your team members wisely.

Best of luck to all,

Legends

Last edited:
If you have additional info to share, please do and I will keep this thread updated for this instance.

Thank you for posting this, really appreciate it.

Once you have started the second room and handed your key in, do not leave the instance via the exit. You can not rejoin and will need to acquire another key.

index.php

End boss is pretty sick.I didn't scan or anything but its about 140k hp +sick regen and has some new features such as : The mob does take normal damage every 7-8 seconds by either melee/MF/Firearms and it switch in between for the full period until it dies.
That means if he takes more dmg from melee the other 2 type of dmg are mitigated by probably 70%.Crits are not mitigated I believe.
Its very high regen and deal decent amount of dmg as you can see 2 ppl died and it took us maybe 10 minutes to kill it so don't go if you are unprepared because you will cry for your peds to be reimbursed.
I might do a video at some point if I feel like it.

Last edited:
index.php

End boss is pretty sick.I didn't scan or anything but its about 140k hp +sick regen and has some new features such as : The mob does take extra damage every 7-8 seconds by either melee/MF/Firearms and it switch in between.That means if he takes more dmg from melee the other 2 type of dmg are mitigated by probably 70%.Crits are not mitigated I believe.
Its very high regen and deal decent amount of dmg as you can see 2 ppl died and it took us maybe 10 minutes to kill it so don't go if you are unprepared because you will cry for your peds to be reimbursed.

was this in the 3rd wave of that room, the one after the tezlasoid pack? I was in the other lab group last night and we got stuck on the pack after the calamusoids.

gratz on the kill guys

index.php

End boss is pretty sick.I didn't scan or anything but its about 140k hp +sick regen and has some new features such as : The mob does take normal damage every 7-8 seconds by either melee/MF/Firearms and it switch in between.That means if he takes more dmg from melee the other 2 type of dmg are mitigated by probably 70%.Crits are not mitigated I believe.
Messi is a new goal for you, to do it solo

It looks like this is just Sector A1. I think it's pretty safe to assume there will be other keys for Sectors A2, A3, A4 and A5 as well.

Be on the look out for that and let us know if you find one!

Last edited:
This looks very interesting! New challenging group content makes a good incentive to keep skilling and improving.

The mob does take normal damage every 7-8 seconds by either melee/MF/Firearms and it switch in between for the full period until it dies.
That means if he takes more dmg from melee the other 2 type of dmg are mitigated by probably 70%.Crits are not mitigated I believe.

that's cool, i like it.

The firearm damage decrease could be even more extreme than 70%, I experienced as low as single digit damage to the boss.

It was a very tense kill, especially once Mathilda and Taldur had died. Then the unforgettable line from Messi "If u die we're fucked" added even more pressure :D. All very entertaining.

At the end of it I looted the card for the next level Profiled Calamusoid Chip, Sector B1. Needless to say, I am up for it!

index.php

Last edited:
i did the run in a team of 2 players, me and jak, we died one time only on that L434 Boss, and was because i did not paid attention, also as a conclusion i noticed the next:

- u need to get the buffs from terminal exchanging oils for buff, all 3
- u need to use the blue pills for medusa swamp inoculation ( i toke the both blue pills cause i have plenty and i had no idea what will be behind the next door )
- u need to use either an high electric armor as base or an acid armor as base ( i used stolen T5 + 6B ) ( 31.2 acid + 27 electric )
- u need to have extra pair of acid plates , mine were AP-48 Acid (L) ( which i forgot to use that is why i died ), mostly for the L434 Boss
- u need to avoid to activate the next Boss wave before u have the above ( recheck for buffs )
- the SH-30 or the similar L434 has a dmg that affects u if the ground is hit, so avoid to sit on the floor for more than a second, jump around and quit shooting if u have 30% HP left, u will die, just stop shooting, wait for boss to leave u and wait for the effect to pass and regen yourself to full HP before starting to shoot again helping the team mates - first rule in the shared loot is : better less than nothing, so stay alive ( tp back.... or waiting in front of the closed door for the team to finish the boss will deff make u cry if is a multiplier in the room )
- u need to use the best dps u can get, so get it, like max reload + crit chace + extra dmg + HP buff + speed ( aka neuro-A, neuro-Y2, accu-10, deva-10 )

gl and have fun
for months i had not seen such fun as i did last night during the hunt for this mission in the lab, +rep MA

cheers everyone !

"RDI Backpack" appeared in the client loader, possibly this is (one of) the item(s) produced through the looted RDI designs?

If you guys read the text for the boss for damage reduction it is damage TYPE protection. For example if he's vulnerable to firearms it will let through burn/pen, for close imp/cut/stab, and mindforce for the rest (at least thats how it seemed to work for me with my rainbow sword which has damage types from all 3)

If you guys read the text for the boss for damage reduction it is damage TYPE protection. For example if he's vulnerable to firearms it will let through burn/pen, for close imp/cut/stab, and mindforce for the rest (at least thats how it seemed to work for me with my rainbow sword which has damage types from all 3)

Awesome. Can you take a screenshot of the text?

Awesome. Can you take a screenshot of the text?
It just says weakness to firearm/close/mindforce damage types, nothing special.

...#1 you will need 50 Triphased Wires to enter the first area where you can get your "free" buffs and do the first wave (3 stages of Sampling TZ-15)

#2 In order to unlock the terminal that gives the buffs, you need someone with a decent amount of Engineering (over 2k probably, but isn't known yet how much exactly is the minimum required)...

Two things:
1) You don't need the wires to enter the area, only to get the buffs

2) Does anyone know what skill is specifically needed to get the buffs? Me being prof level 130 in Ranged Laser (DMG), I still can't get the buffs!! LOL! It must be something else... if it's engineering, I have ~2300 so it must be higher than that and/or some other skill/profession. The text window isn't detailed in regards to what skill is needed (hey MA, maybe tell us in the text, hint hint!). If anyone has any other idea on what prof and/or skill it may be, please let me know, thanks!

Two things:
1) You don't need the wires to enter the area, only to get the buffs

2) Does anyone know what skill is specifically needed to get the buffs? Me being prof level 130 in Ranged Laser (DMG), I still can't get the buffs!! LOL! It must be something else... if it's engineering, I have ~2300 so it must be higher than that and/or some other skill/profession. The text window isn't detailed in regards to what skill is needed (hey MA, maybe tell us in the text, hint hint!). If anyone has any other idea on what prof and/or skill it may be, please let me know, thanks!
I am almost lvl 180 and that didn't help either.
I had 2002 Engineering and also couldn't do it, but, after getting some, I was able to. So it's engineering, anywhere between 2300 and 2650..

I had 2002 Engineering and also couldn't do it, but, after getting some, I was able to. So it's engineering, anywhere between 2300 and 2650..

OOOO snap! I must be close then... probably 2500??? I'm gonna try and get just over that and try again, tyvm!!
PS - if it doesn't work, I'm coming for you!!! :handgun:

You might want to add, everyone on the team has to have a key to even enter the instance.

Can anyone share some information about the containers at the end of instance (the ones you put lab key and some mats in)?
Also, what are RDI designs used for?

My first RDI lab run had different mobs on each wave then the ones described above. The second run then had the waves 1&2 like described above with 3rd wave being a 10min survival wave. There obviously seems to be a chance of changing waves - so be prepared to adjust.

Great observation. helpful!
(y)

Last edited:
I can confirm, each phase is random boss/wave from not sure how many options. Haven't done many runs so far, so I'm sure I haven't seen them all.
What I can share from those few runs I have been part of:
1. decent dps is needed to overcome huge regen on some mobs: 4 people in my group were around same dps as me (lvl 60 CDF laser rifle with delta amp and 10 mg pills + 8% reload ring), 2 were bit higher, but not too much
2. we didn't have healer with us so everyone was healing himself when needed. Not sure about HP and armor on everyone in the group but my defense setup was Perseus set with Pulsar 2 plates on all pieces, 206 HP (not including 5% buff from start of instance) and regen chip 6

Would be awesome if someone who have run this many times can give a short summary. On next runs I wanna try to open the containers using the mats required, so I can share result of that later (hopefully tomorrow). So far only activated one where only lab key was needed and reward was RDI designs only and one time another lab key, nothing else.

I bumped up my engineering to just over the 2500 mark (like 2500.75) and was able to get the buff from the first terminal!

does everyone in the team need to carry "a key" or one key is enough?

for colliseum everyone needs to hand in their key / to use elevator down to a sector you only need to have a key not hand it over, but still every teammember

Back