Yog Pet Buff Issue

Sorry, I'm quite a noob. What does it mean ??
Category 1 people in Dunning-Kruger effect, I'll qoute wiki here:

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.[1]

As described by social psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger, the bias results from an internal illusion in people of low ability and from an external misperception in people of high ability; that is, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."

Pain the ass at work to have cat1 people there. :D

--- Answer to side show which has obiously the goal to avoid further discussion about the exploit abusers so this is my last answer to such tries in this thread --
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If service is still there in ToU/EULA there is probably a good reason why

If you log in you could read ToU or copy it and use search to find the word game, which is Zero times in it, or search for Service which is 17 times mentioned in the ToU from the 10th of june 2020.

the link you got is from US 2003

It is the link YOU provided in your post.

ok, the patent is from July 16 2001 in Europe

So why it states on that form you provided: Foreign Application Priority Date:
Jul. 17, 2000 (SE)
Seams the Patent in SE (Sweden) was applied for in 2000 not in 2001.

In the US the Patent was filed in Jul. 16, 2001 but the Publication Date of the Patent Application Publication was on June 19, 2003

ok, the patent is from July 16 2001 in Europe, the link you got is from US 2003. In that document is a point within
brackets with number 22, with date 16th of july 2001. You failed to see that obviously

So this means the patent was then filed but not granted. And you should also know that there is a differenc between applied for and granted:
For example, a granted patent lists the “Date of Patent,” and a patent application lists the “Pub. Date.”
So we have here a patent application from 2001 with the Pub. Date of Jun. 19, 2003
And after the 22 in brackets there are the words: PCT No. and this stands for: PCT or International Application Numbers
On this form it is stated: PCT/SE01/01628

The Format PCT/CCYY/99999 or PCT/CCYYYY/999999 consists of the following fields:

PCT = “PCT”
CC = 2 character Country Code
YY = last 2 digits of the year filed
YYYY
= four digit year filed
99999, 999999
= is the 5 or 6 digit sequence no.

So 2001 is the Date the Patent was filed in the US, not granted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the Important part

But as already told this is a side show which I think is only here to close this Yog abusers thread and wants to detere from the real problem that the abusers of this exploit want that the discussion fades away as quickly as they can and make it dissapear so they can be sure they can keep their illegaly gained money.

So thx Joat but I will answer to your posts when you PM them to me but not anymore in this thread so this thread is back to the discussion about the Yog abusers and how to prove the knew about the exploit and should be punished.

PS: Seams like I found one who is qualified to be a cat 1 person.

Last edited:
--- Answer to side show which has obiously the goal to avoid further discussion about the exploit abusers so this is my last answer to such tries in this thread --
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you log in you could read ToU or copy it and use search to find the word game, which is Zero times in it, or search for Service which is 17 times mentioned in the ToU from the 10th of june 2020.

It is the link YOU provided in your post.

So why it states on that form you provided: Foreign Application Priority Date:
Jul. 17, 2000 (SE)
Seams the Patent in SE (Sweden) was applied for in 2000 not in 2001.

In the US the Patent was filed in Jul. 16, 2001 but the Publication Date of the Patent Application Publication was on June 19, 2003

So this means the patent was then filed but not granted. And you should also know that there is a differenc between applied for and granted:
For example, a granted patent lists the “Date of Patent,” and a patent application lists the “Pub. Date.”
So we have here a patent application from 2001 with the Pub. Date of Jun. 19, 2003
And after the 22 in brackets there are the words: PCT No. and this stands for: PCT or International Application Numbers
On this form it is stated: PCT/SE01/01628

The Format PCT/CCYY/99999 or PCT/CCYYYY/999999 consists of the following fields:

PCT = “PCT”
CC = 2 character Country Code
YY = last 2 digits of the year filed
YYYY
= four digit year filed
99999, 999999
= is the 5 or 6 digit sequence no.

So 2001 is the Date the Patent was filed, not granted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the Important part

But as already told this is a side show which I think is only here to close this Yog abusers thread and wants to detere from the real problem that the abusers of this exploit want that the discussion fades away as quickly as they can and make it dissapear so they can be sure they can keep their illegaly gained money.

So thx Joat but I will answer to your posts when you PM them to me but not anymore in this thread so this thread is back to the discussion about the Yog abusers and how to prove the knew about the exploit and should be punished.

PS: Seams like I found one who is qualified to be a cat 1 person.

I agree, lets head back to topic, as I mentioned earlier. Answering and explaining tedious irrelevant details is quite pointless.
Since you seem to think I'm doing a side show to not discuss this and to get exploiters happy... sorry, have to disapoint you
there, since you, once again, are way off from how things really are.

One of the reasons why MA have to do this right is the part I mentioned earlier, they now see our ingame value as a debt.
When doing so they have taken our ingame value to a new level. They still own everything in the game but at the same time
they use this in their Annual Report as a RL value, so (in theory) if it is taken to court if they bann someone without enough of
evidence they can lose, which in itself isn't such a big deal, the problem could come on the way to a final judgement.
(btw I guess they are fed up with courts atm. ;) ). Following strict what law says is one thing, but reality is not always so obvious.
If they win, or if they can find enough of info that someone have exploited in the game all they have to
do is hand over TT value to account owner and then delete account. But so far they haven't done that right? Hence the
reason I wonder if they really have tools that can clearly show what happened.
Reason why this happened in first place is that Yog is not done correctly (probably just a simple setting done wrong) and also
how events are created. So once again are the tools they use done properly and advanced enough? Maybe they are, and
they have a shitload of info, but then why do they not not want to punish exploiters?

Btw, did you pass a mirror? :p

So thx to show us all that you are involved in the whole thing so all your posts make now sense and show your real intent.
About the mirror:
To your cat 1 insinuation I can tell you beati pauperes spiritu.

So thx to show us all that you are involved in the whole thing so all your posts make now sense and show your real intent.
About the mirror:
To your cat 1 insinuation I can tell you beati pauperes spiritu.
Sorry, have to disapoint you again, not involved but on the other don't care much about it either since there so
many undeveloped features, so no point in doing events seriously. There will always pop up some shit, if its not
from players, its from the system.
What I do have interest in is EU in general, and I do hope a LOT of issues will be solved with a larger dev team.
You do understand that with right tactics you can screw up a company big time if taken to court?
So I don't care that much of this shit that happened, just one of many, what I do care for is that MA doing it right
so they don't end up in court (again), they have done enough of that this year imo.
I feel sorry for those who lost a lot from it though.

No idea if you are in cat 1 since I really don't care about you as a person, at all.
Since you miss some points all the time, get stuck on irrelevant details and so on, make conclusions that are 180°
from what is written, I do get a feeling that you have ASD. Or just trolling. :p
Maybe you also go by the saying (even though this is the simplified version), or maybe not:
"The more I learn, the less I know".

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=480

:topic:

In less then a month Halloween Mayhem will start, i hope we get a response before that

A lot of BS going on here...back on topic:

Where are the punishments by MA towards the cheaters and the compensations for the loyal and paying customers who got cheated for the last few years with this yog exploit? (Not even talking about other exploits )

Anything else than positive answer to these 2 questions is nonsense and BS.

Sorry, have to disapoint you again, not involved but on the other don't care much about it either since there so
many undeveloped features, so no point in doing events seriously. There will always pop up some shit, if its not
from players, its from the system.

OK I noticed the stubborness you put into defending the exploiters is only your style and the reason you are post ing in this thread.

No idea if you are in cat 1 since I really don't care about you as a person, at all.
Since you miss some points all the time, get stuck on irrelevant details and so on, make conclusions that are 180°
from what is written, I do get a feeling that you have ASD. Or just trolling. :p
Maybe you also go by the saying (even though this is the simplified version), or maybe not:

Also I noticed that harrassment is your second name and when you by yourselve not answering on lots of point brought to the discussion and not admiting when you are wrong but simply stop commenting on that is a sign for every reader of this thread.

You always insist that it is like that and when one shows you the facts you bow out of the discussion. Like you insisting it is a game because MA looked for a programmer who has knowledge in game development - very strange to categorise a company and its products by a job description. If a bank looks for a person doing room cleaning then suddenly the bank is a cleaning company? I showed that in the ToU there is no mentioning of the word Game but several times the word service. No anser no admitting of you that you where wrong etc. This is not a one of but consistent with your posts in the whole thread.

From all this I can conclude that the harassments you made are the ones you show to all are the ones you are guilty of yourselve.

Or in other words:

Those who no longer have factual arguments resort to insults.

Last edited:
In less then a month Halloween Mayhem will start, i hope we get a response before that
Or will it?... Perhaps Mindark will determine that such abuses and similar item sharing type abuses, and all other sort of mayhem exploits that have been going on for years make Mayhem worth no longer doing til they revamp the system heavily and no mayhem for 2 or so years til they fix it for good?... (not likely, but you never know...)

As for all of the people looking for compensation it will only, if it happens, likely just be the people that scored high without yogs that get any if Mindark does decide to do so. Everyone else already got loot returns, etc. Yes, it sucks the prizes are all screwed up because of this type of thing, but this is only one exploit.. . thare are and always will be more.

OK I noticed the stubborness you put into defending the exploiters is only your style and the reason you are post ing in this thread.

Also I noticed that harrassment is your second name and when you by yourselve not answering on lots of point brought to the discussion and not admiting when you are wrong but simply stop commenting on that is a sign for every reader of this thread.

You always insist that it is like that and when one shows you the facts you bow out of the discussion. Like you insisting it is a game because MA looked for a programmer who has knowledge in game development - very strange to categorise a company and its products by a job description. If a bank looks for a person doing room cleaning then suddenly the bank is a cleaning company? I showed that in the ToU there is no mentioning of the word Game but several times the word service. No anser no admitting of you that you where wrong etc. This is not a one of but consistent with your posts in the whole thread.

From all this I can conclude that the harassments you made are the ones you show to all are the ones you are guilty of yourselve.

Or in other words:

Those who no longer have factual arguments resort to insults.
No you still don't get it. I don't like exploiters, no idea who they are and couldn't care less about them either.
I do care about PE/EU, reason why I since 2003 report idiots that exploit the system, but also when I found bugs, even dropped
some ideas how to solve some issues, which have been implemented.
I have always followed the rules, which have done so my avatar have not progressed in same way as some other, but rather
so than cheat. Even though skillchips are just a normal feature, for me it is a kind of "cheat", reason why I have never used those
either, but this is just a personal preference for my avatar.

If they gonna bann them they have to have solid proofs, because if they don't have that they can end up in court, again, and I
think they are done with courts this year (last time was in september).
If you know how to use the justice system against a company in a bad way, the process up until a judgement can be worse than
the actual final judgement. Nothing is set in stone though, so you can never know if the court will accept it.

If I ask an authority or MindArk something and get an answer, or when I find info on official sites, I will stick to that so I guess that
might look as stubborness. This is the reason why I mentioned you could look for yourself since most info can be reached.
Even though we can't be 100% sure answers are always correct, in general, I think we have to trust those.
I have answered you several times, but you seem to fail to see the correlation, several times also. If I have stoped answering is
because I gave up trying to explain, no point I guess.
Not sure what kind of personality you have, I know some have issues with questions that leans toward to be rhetorical
so might be the reason why you miss some answers?
I used to refer to service in ToU also in posts and threads but that was before the changes came in laws, so no I don't mind if you
still want to use that but the need isn't the same anylonger. Today you can have a game handling RL values which was way harder
around 2003, from a legal p.o.v, you had to call it something else at that time.

If a company that says this in their description of the company:
MindArk was founded within this engineering and entrepreneurial spirit in the late 1990s and has been developing its groundbreaking
game technology and business model ever since. As a result, thousands of people around the globe meet, interact and entertain
themselves every day within MindArk’s core product, Entropia Universe.

I guess they also see their product as a game, not only when looking for more people to the dev and supporttem?
Since dates seems to be important for you, did you notice 1990s?
(And yes, I predicted that you should go on about it if you answered, so I saved this info for later. I have more of these from
MIndArk.)

If you see that as harrasments well then I'm sorry, as long you don't mix up critics with harrasments, and yes I can be a bit
sarcastic but who isn't?. (Not always the best to be in text I know that.)
So once again, you as a person have zero importance to me, it isn't you I want to discuss but those subjects you mention.
If you think I'm upset or angry or anything like that then think again, far from reality. I've been working with people with
mental disabilities, personality disorders and similar for +33yrs now, so I'm used to quite odd behaviours, so this is
nothing compared to that.
When you yourself call someone cheater or someone who exploit things but have absolutly no clue how the other person is,
maybe time to stop with a behaviour yourself use that you ask others to stop with? Question is why you out of the blue starts with
that, could it be Those who no longer have factual arguments resort to insults.

Anyway, if we get back to topic: I do hope they solve it, but as they stated there will be no punishment.
This is where I wonder if they realy have all info need from their tools that shall monitor this. If those work properly
and are advanced enough, shouldn't they be able to do a proper punishment then?
This is the kind of things that at least makes me stay away from events, since we can't really trust it to work properly.
Same goes with PvP lootable, to many cheats in the past, so who know what shit is around today? Also something
I stay away from.

Kind of late to the party but here are my thoughts

Start;
If ( MA already consulted there law team)

{ If ( Law team asked not to punish the exploiters)
{ Mention in press release ( Based on our discussion with lawyers, X,Y,Z has been recommended and any deviation from the same can cause a major headache and $ache for us)
}
Else
{ Make sure those who exploited are given adequate punishment }
}
Else
{ Consult the lawyers as the issue is something that seems to disappoint a major part of the playerbase and also can be used as a reference for future disputes
}
End;

(Syntax is non compliant to any known standards of coding and meant for illustrative purposes only)

Kind of late to the party but here are my thoughts

Start;
If ( MA already consulted there law team)

{ If ( Law team asked not to punish the exploiters)
{ Mention in press release ( Based on our discussion with lawyers, X,Y,Z has been recommended and any deviation from the same can cause a major headache and $ache for us)
}
Else
{ Make sure those who exploited are given adequate punishment }
}
Else
{ Consult the lawyers as the issue is something that seems to disappoint a major part of the playerbase and also can be used as a reference for future disputes
}
End;

(Syntax is non compliant to any known standards of coding and meant for illustrative purposes only)
yeah you should use } else if { but there's no reason to consult the law team to just prevent exploiters to participate for a few events. No one can sue if they had to skip a few Mayhems. Some of them seem to skip them intentionally already :)

Readability lol, looks better inlining } else { and } else if { (I thought I saw an else if but it was just else :D )
Its a nested If buds and hence no need for else if ;)

Code:
if ( MA already consulted there law team ) {
    if ( Law team asked not to punish the exploiters) {
        Mention in press release ( Based on our discussion with lawyers, X,Y,Z has been recommended and any deviation from the same can cause a major headache and $ache for us)
    } else {
        Make sure those who exploited are given adequate punishment
    }
} else {
    Consult the lawyers as the issue is something that seems to disappoint a major part of the playerbase and also can be used as a reference for future disputes
}

Spent longer than i'd like to admit trying to figure out in what order things happened in your pseudocode. So code-blocked it and edited it to my liking for readability. This is in no way an attempt to start a discussion on coding conventions, nor an attack on your post. Just an attempt to save time time for others.

EDIT: Furthermore, I very much agree with the proposed approach

Last edited:
yeah you should use } else if { but there's no reason to consult the law team to just prevent exploiters to participate for a few events. No one can sue if they had to skip a few Mayhems. Some of them seem to skip them intentionally already :)
Preventing them from future events, is that really a punishment? Talking about banns are perm banns imo, otherwise
its more like a "forced vacation". :p
On the other hand, when they are on their vacation, their relatives and friends will suddenly be active.... ;)
Imo its time for MA to create more solid events, put some more effort in to it, and maybe even give attributes
as rewards, then events will be interesting for a lot more players.

and.... still nothing...

Yog buff got best weapons bought by same bunch of people, who resold those, made a profit and wasted it all by hunting or clicking EP4 more than usual :)

It's all in the system :)

If someone who exploited this bug then says to MA when you punish me I will bring you to court and will destroy your company using all the tricks the judicary system has then this is harassment. With the sole purpose to try and prevent any punishment by MA.

As you maybe already know the persons who have no real arguments anymore start to insult others.

I do know a lot more about this and other things related to MA and features ingame, but I have zero interest to spread that since
there seem to be a bit too many from cat1 in DKe around here....
Looking at your posts, both here and others, you aren't a HSP are you?

As you maybe already know the persons who have no real arguments anymore start to insult others.
Ah I guess you don't know what those means then?
DKe cat1 were in general and someone specific (but not you this time) who followed this thread.

HSP means Highly Sensitive Personality and since you didn't seem to have the observation abilities as a HSP have I guessed you
aren't one but couldn't be sure so I asked.

"The more I learn, the less I know" is a shortened version of Einsteins "The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know."
so once again something I wonder if you also use and go by. Some do and some don't.
Simple as that.

Nothing about the subject, again?
When I mentioned about tools that might not be that advanced, have a look what MA wrote.
Reading between the lines they more or less say their current tools aren't good enough to monitor everything
that was needed to do punishments without any doubts.
Hopefully future events will be more developed so things like this doesn't happen again, but also to engage
more players to do events, even though winning isn't only reason to join. Rewards from missions could be
one reason to join.

Yog Pet Buff Issue

We will be conducting this investigation over the next few weeks, with the intention of increasing the prize rewards for any participants who were pushed down in the final standings due to another higher-placing participant benefitting from the unintended pet buff.

Four Months.

Hopefully this is resolved before halloween mayhem...

Before the Yog-bug is fixed, what about if MindArk makes those Yogs simply not usable (Yog pet "physically" can't be spawned by Players = "spawn button deactivated") during Mayhem-activities (...until the issue is solved) ?

Paul

Last edited:
Back