Warp flight report for month of October 2020

Society
INSANIA VINCET OMNIA
Ben Tony Dover
Hello all. This post is to educate anyone who is thinking about buying a ship capable of warp flights and how much you can potentially make along with your annual return of investment (ROI). Keep in mind, warp flights were not conducted on the 28th or 29th of October so these figures only represent a 29 day period instead of 31 days. For the month of October, my warp flight business performed a total of 411 warp flights. At 7 PED per warp, I made 2877 PED. With tips (61 PED), I received a total of 2938 PED. After expenses, I walked away with 1622.8 PED in profits. Approximately 9 warp drives were consumed and an average of 14 warp flights were performed daily.

Statistically, If rounded up, If I can continue to keep making approximately $163 a month with an initial investment of 40K PED ($4,000 USD, average cost of a privateer), It would take me 24.5 months to recoup my overall investment or about 2 years and that's at just 7 PED per warp flight. If I charged 20 PED per warp flight, not including tips, I would have made 8220 PED and after expenses, would have walked away with 6904.8 PED in profits for the month of October. At this rate, I would recoup my $4,000 investment in just under 6 months.

You kinda forgot one detail, which is online time required to get 14 warps a day, aswell as how many players are playing on your "friends" account in order to do so.

Didn't you sell your Privateer? :D

Anyway, just goes to show how people have no idea about maths. This is hella funny cause you said before you weren't being able to make good profit when charging 20 ped over little customer supply. Now all of a sudden you got loads of clients and charging much less! This is a true success story right here! :D

But I guess you don't tell people that, you just tell them you're not on the same planet as them and ask for double warps all the time.

All good bruv, success story right here!

Buying Privateer: tt+5 ped at Twins!

Last edited:
Hello all. This post is to educate anyone who is thinking about buying a ship capable of warp flights and how much you can potentially make along with your annual return of investment (ROI). Keep in mind, warp flights were not conducted on the 28th or 29th of October so these figures only represent a 29 day period instead of 31 days. For the month of October, my warp flight business performed a total of 411 warp flights. At 7 PED per warp, I made 2877 PED. With tips (61 PED), I received a total of 2938 PED. After expenses, I walked away with 1622.8 PED in profits. Approximately 9 warp drives were consumed and an average of 14 warp flights were performed daily.

Statistically, If rounded up, If I can continue to keep making approximately $163 a month with an initial investment of 40K PED ($4,000 USD, average cost of a privateer), It would take me 24.5 months to recoup my overall investment or about 2 years and that's at just 7 PED per warp flight. If I charged 20 PED per warp flight, not including tips, I would have made 8220 PED and after expenses, would have walked away with 6904.8 PED in profits for the month of October. At this rate, I would recoup my $4,000 investment in just under 6 months.
So.... what your saying is your raping your clients and should be charging less? You heard it people.. BenDover 5ped warps coming soon! =p

Its wild like even if this were true which any crafter ingame can tell you it cant be, who even makes a post like this? Like what kind of businessman would even consider a post like this about theyre business?

Why dont you tell the people your REAL motive for this post? Or are you happy to continue pulling the wool over theyre eyes here too?

Last edited by a moderator:
And the TROLL post of the year award goes to.....

Yea.... about this...

Unfortunately, the math is not correct here. Either the warp drives are being sold to you on the cheap, you are nearing 70-80% success in crafting them, or you are not counting your crafting losses in your "ledger". So if you were LUCKY crafting them and bought them around 215-220% (and you're not, you are buying at 300% atm), then you're looking at 521.97ped profit, excluding tips.

Even if you loot them - and you might be based on your history - then you would have to count your hunting losses in your mix because consuming your own loots is MU avoidance as you could have just sold the generic fuses for MU/profits instead of passing it to another side of your ledger. You can't obscure one side of the ledger to prop up another. It all has to be included.

I am going to have to label this as Misleading - you get 3 Space Don Pinocchios.

Yea.... about this...

Unfortunately, the math is not correct here. Either the warp drives are being sold to you on the cheap, you are nearing 70-80% success in crafting them, or you are not counting your crafting losses in your "ledger". So if you were LUCKY crafting them and bought them around 215-220% (and you're not, you are buying at 300% atm), then you're looking at 521.97ped profit, excluding tips.

Even if you loot them - and you might be based on your history - then you would have to count your hunting losses in your mix because consuming your own loots is MU avoidance as you could have just sold the generic fuses for MU/profits instead of passing it to another side of your ledger. You can't obscure one side of the ledger to prop up another. It all has to be included.

I am going to have to label this as Misleading - you get 3 Space Don Pinocchios.

Space Don Pinocchios - The new bestest award around.

Why he doesn't just say "HEY GUYS! Ben Dover NEW subsidized warps for the ped impaired" and demonstrate some self dignity for his service rather than continuously proving he has alterior motives, is mathematically gimped and this probably isn't the game for him ill never understand. But this is slightly amusing =p

ok lets ignore the appalling attempts to mislead people about cost of warps, or his utter delusional beliefs in his true profit
lets look at time...
411 warps in 29 days.. is just over 14 warps a day, with each customer, from first response to saying goodbye and gl and clearing guest list, is say 15 mins (can be longer...much longer if they are new to space) I make that at least 3.5 hours a day, before advertising, before crafting for drives, repair tools, thrusters etc, before seeking materials to craft, even trawling AH takes time.
He also runs several shops and a Mall, not sure what else, presumably either crafts for them or re-sells and therefore needs trades or auction sniping time.
If we were to accept his warp costs at the rate he claims (just for a moment) then at a conservative estimate he is putting in an 8 hour day (every day) for 55 ped before any mu on purchases, losses on crafting/hunting/mining. If I thought he was truly mega rich and an altruist wanting to give near free rides to people then I would applaud. But instead I'll sit here shaking my head bewildered.

and yes Ben I do know how long all these things take, I am not a space newb, I am a crafter, I am an owner of multiple shops, I do run scheduled warps, I do assist co-owners of our pathfinders with VIP warps when they need me. I also find time to hunt/mine and have fun... but I don't then sit and boast and try to undermine all the other owners. Get on with your game, enjoy it and leave others to enjoy theirs. It is a game, not a cut throat space turf war.

Anyone interested, as to why Bendover is trying to deliberately damage the Warping Industry, spreading misinformation and ultimately trying to crash the market;
feel free to read over the Public Chat Logs of his Price Fixing meeting attempt. What he was suggesting goes against EU ToU.

In this 'Meeting' he states that if ALL pilots do not agree to raise their prices to 25-30ped a warp, regardless of ship reputation, upgrades or crew, etc. that he would deliberately undercut everyone in an attempt to damage all those who did not agree to go along with his illegal activities.
He would rather lose a little money to destroy as many of those who apposed him as possible, rather than allow the free market to continue.

This, along with alt accounts, spreading misinformation and market manipulation, should require an investigation by MA in to this player's conduct.

Bendover's "Future of Space Meeting" Chat Log

This Chat Log was from a public chat channel. Anyone who attended the 'meeting' would have access to this and 711 confirmed that sharing it is not breaking any forum rules.

Last edited:
I have to say with Space instance and few new folks buying stuff and Space initiatives, is nice to see the added interest lately.

I was watching all old Space battle videos and looking forward to checking out new instance in Space.

:wtg:

Oh, a second post... how fun.
I suggest everyone read the first, and I suggest everyone take a look at the link in Geo's post. Bendover's "Future of Space Meeting" Chat Log

Ben Tony Dover (who for some reason, someone else is holding his ship's deed? maybe his alt?) is attempting to deliberately mislead every person in EU. These numbers are not real and he is quite literally losing PED every day at his attempt to "break" everyone else.

I second that MA needs to look into this. Confirmed market manipulation, confirmed alt character.. is that not enough? His conduct aside...

Although it's not in the log, Ben brought up in separate conversations a 45-50 ped standard warp price. Everyone he is trying to now "destroy" with his weak attempts to do so, were actually the ones standing up for everyone else in EU and calling him what he is.... insane.

Ben.. I do have one question... you didn't even make it to warp drive TT value in the calculation of your supposed expenses (2938-1622= 1316/9 warp drives=146 ped) I think you might be missing a few things in your math... especially if you're buying generic fuses at 300%.

So for these numbers to be real, you either bought all of your warp drives at TT value somehow this month (please teach us how to do that), or you had 100% crafting success rate. If you had 100% success rate, which never happens, you left out several important cost numbers that at least brought your warp costs to around 5 ped a warp... at least.

What a joke.

BTW... don't you think people are tired of hearing about this? Hell... I own a spacecraft and love space in this game and even I'm tired of hearing about it. Like, literally no one cares.

There are many great space providers in this game (remember it is a game), just warp with who you want to warp with. FFS

Many of them bring experience, safety, trust and reliability to the table. Then you have others who want to treat this like the Costco of warps and are on a personal mission to mislead everyone and try and destroy others (its not working btw). I mean, you choose. But, Ben, please do us all a favor and realize .... there are way more important things going on in everyone's life than this lol.

Id be embarrassed to be alive right now if I was him.. What a fool of himself hes making =p

I'll admit... I do get a little kick out of reading these threads. I stay on the sidelines and basically just watch. ??‍♀️
wait till someone tells him the kind of OUT OF THIS WORLD profits can be made with pills etc... Your on the grill next! muhahaha

BTW... don't you think people are tired of hearing about this?
Hear what? I see nothing here.
index.php

I advise anyone else who is tired of this BS to click that useful ignore button too. No fuel to fire - the fire will eventually die out.

Wow, Awesome, Congrats Ben, on making such amazing profits. I wish was such a savvy Business man as you.

Clearly you using some Pyramid or Ponzi scheme style of accounting scheme in your profit calculations, but, Hey Good Luck to you if it is working for you. (y)

P.S. have a stash of Fuses available, selling at 400% MU. Share the wealth a bit eh...????, as you seem to be doing so well Bro :D:D:ROFLMAO:

This thread takes me bk to 2007........and reminds me y I cant be arsed to do warp flights for profit any more :)

Anyone interested, as to why Bendover is trying to deliberately damage the Warping Industry, spreading misinformation and ultimately trying to crash the market;
feel free to read over the Public Chat Logs of his Price Fixing meeting attempt. What he was suggesting goes against EU ToU.

Is Price Fixing against the Terms of Use? Can you please point me to the exact paragraph that says that? (actually haven't bothered to read all ToU)

Price Fixing has been going on in this game forever, I mean -F - O - R - E - V - E - R-. A couple of years ago I was invited by some prominent members of EU that you would never suspect to adhere to a price fixing agreement, I didn't. I never did read all of the ToU but I knew it would be wrong. It's not that hard to imagine, there are a lot of things in the game that can only be crafted by a few people. All you have to do is just find out who these people are, talk to them and get them to agree to sell at a certain price. It goes against many countries' Anti-Trust laws.

Anyway if you can quote the exact section of the ToU that says that Price Fixing is not permitted, I would be interested to read.

Thank you for getting me to read it to find it for you.. i've so far come across this...

rules of conduct 8.g
"You may not use the Entropia Universe to engage in any misleading or deceptive activity."

rules of conduct 8.o
"You may not interfere in any way with the virtual economy of Entropia Universe and/or with other Participants’ ability to use or enjoy the auction system or any other trading system in Entropia Universe. The foregoing includes, without limitations, the prohibition of manipulation or cause to manipulate statistical data, directly or indirectly. This prohibitions includes, without limitation, prohibition of price manipulation and/or price fixing regarding virtual items on the auction system."

Both of these fully apply to these threads =p

I should add being impartial and to his defense to my knowledge 8.o hasn't been broken because we refused and his current backlash is because of that and now he's trying to strong arm almost blackmail all the ships into doing it with his 7ped warps or they will suffer.

2.1. Entropia Universe Account
You may only register one Account.

MindArk reserves the right to, for any reason and at its sole discretion, refuse approval of an Account application, to refuse access to an Account, to Terminate, Ban or Lock an Account and to remove, edit or add Account information, with or without notice to You.

There think we have all the bases loaded... any questions? =p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sinner.

I guess I should report the price fixing attempts that I am aware of. Others should do the same.

And yeah, there's a lot of Alts in this game :/

yes you should right away if its not too late!

8.j Rules of conduct
j. You must immediately report errors and bugs in the Entropia Universe to MindArk whenever You discover them. You may not “cheat” or otherwise neglect to report errors or bugs, use bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or other 'exploits' for own benefits or for the benefit of others.

not quite sure if this applies as it doesn't explcitly state "others cheating" but it may just be assumed!

Is Price Fixing against the Terms of Use? Can you please point me to the exact paragraph that says that? (actually haven't bothered to read all ToU)

Price Fixing has been going on in this game forever, I mean -F - O - R - E - V - E - R-. A couple of years ago I was invited by some prominent members of EU that you would never suspect to adhere to a price fixing agreement, I didn't. I never did read all of the ToU but I knew it would be wrong. It's not that hard to imagine, there are a lot of things in the game that can only be crafted by a few people. All you have to do is just find out who these people are, talk to them and get them to agree to sell at a certain price. It goes against many countries' Anti-Trust laws.

Anyway if you can quote the exact section of the ToU that says that Price Fixing is not permitted, I would be interested to read.

Price fixing in most legal jurisdictions is illegal. For example, in the US, it is criminally punishable under Antitrust laws.

I will be fair here, there was no price fixing that happened, despite the attempt. Other examples of price fixing was the mining amp price fixing cartel of old. This no longer exists.

Price fixing in most legal jurisdictions is illegal. For example, in the US, it is criminally punishable under Antitrust laws.

I will be fair here, there was no price fixing that happened, despite the attempt. Other examples of price fixing was the mining amp price fixing cartel of old. This no longer exists.

Are you sure about that? I have it on pretty good authority that an agreement has been reached this year on Amp-13 price between the 2 biggest crafters...

Are you sure about that? I have it on pretty good authority that an agreement has been reached this year on Amp-13 price between the 2 biggest crafters...
well this thread isnt about that but you are welcome to start one more focused on that sort of thing :)

Back