AMA video will be delayed

My|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Due to new health recommendations in Sweden, there will unfortunately be a delay in recording video responses to the AMA questions, as we want to make filming as safe as possible for the MindArk team. The text format responses will also be delayed. Thank you for your patience!

Best regards

My Antonsson
Community Relations Manager

Better to stay healthy and follow the regulations than we risk losing the team to Covid.
Yes we would all love to see answers but not at the risk of peoples health.
At least they had the manners to let us know, and we await further news

Stay safe everyone ? ?

Don’t worry they will release it in a few weeks. Just look at the Yog situation.

Seriously though, kinda disappointed. The rest of the world seems to be able to work with these same restrictions yet MA is really that incapable of figuring it out? Common now... zoom, Skype, Twitch, there are plenty of avenues MA could take to deliver a product they promised in a timely manor, but typical MA fashion, they delay and provide false promises.

At the end of the day, if they really cared they would figure out a way to deliver this product. This is an easy problem with an easy solution using modern technology.

Another soon™ ?

Jokes (or is it?) aside, thanks for the communication :yay:

Don't put too much effort into the actual videos, I believe people would have been happy with having some answers from you guys in some sort of a Zoom / Google meets format, the answers to those topics are far more important for the community than the quality of the videos for the answers so please consider having a simplified format for these, since they are many questions, will save you a lot of time and get the word out much faster and community will be happier. And you can do one of those nice videos with another occasion, on a different topic. Healthy measures are more important for sure.
Stay safe! Thank you!

Stay healthy and safe. Without you guys this game will get no update.

Take your time. Make sure to take this extra time to potentially answer all questions that you can answer. If there's questions you can't answer maybe just give a somewhat reason so ppl know not to ask similar question in future AMAs?

I rather have quality answers that take extra time vs fast and empty answers.

On one hand, I get it as things continue to change at the drop of a hat and my European countries are going to lock downs. People's health is more important than some game questions, however I am with some of the replies - you could seek alternative methods. Zoom interview - even just make a text version.
Don't over think it, I mean you do WORK together somehow right?

Oh and I'm watching - that is your 15th post in 7 months. You are slipping to 2 a month average -

Just use zoom or something similar and something like xsplit broadcaster or obs to record...

Take your time, better to be safe in these times.

Maybe if MA had a better track record for when they say anything along the line of something being delayed.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the impacts that COVID is having on businesses. However, business across the globe have to figure out how to handle their work virtually, and plenty of other games are pushing out and dropping major content and yet MA can't seem how to get a simple video up and running? To be clear, by no means am I wishing or stating that MA should do anything that would put themselves into a situation where they have to take an unnecessary risk. I just don't understand why they decided to delay this as opposed to trying to figure out another way to handle this. I think that a majority of the people who are going to be watching this video don't care about the cool fancy intro or any of the edits, they want answer to questions they have been wanting answers to.

Personally, my company has moved to doing everything via Zoom like so many other companies and even our education system across the globe is using zoom to teach our children. Yet MA is delaying an AMA because they can't record a video.

Where there is a will there's a way... It's clear that there is very little will on MAs end.

This health scare is getting ever more bizarre, but please do whatever you think is necessary to stay safe. Regarding the AMA, I still believe answering in writing would be better for more than one reason, but since this is your thing now...

Why not just answer the questions on the forum first as before, and continue with your video interviews at your leisure and as circumstances permit? You can still go into further comments or opinions about any AMA item there, if your colleagues feel like elaborating on them or want to respond to ensuing discussions.

I mean they didn't even provide a date of when the AMA would be posted so they're just giving people a heads up that it might be a bit later than people might expect. Don't see the issue with this at all.
All communication is good.

I mean they didn't even provide a date of when the AMA would be posted so they're just giving people a heads up that it might be a bit later than people might expect. Don't see the issue with this at all.
This. Heads up > better than no communication at all.

instead of announcing a delay, wouldn't it be much less work if you announce something that will be delivered in time?

he is right, since the post regarding the start of the AMA and today there has been no official announcement from sweden regarding the change of course regarding the COVID, always found a culprit for a delay, it is well known

why not make a written version, we won't gain anything more in video, if it's your new delirium go take your time :popcorn:

Well, for the first time in 8 months or so the idea has wriggled out of my psyche of covid possibly being convenient. I see nothing at all to prevent a recorded zoom session, which doesn't have to be published if it doesn't go so well. The answers we are looking for are harder to gloss over in text form - surely nothing at all is stopping the team there either.
Well, I guess I just see reluctance.... half-%&/$* etc. If I'm wrong and we see proper answers to the large number of very good questions the community has asked, then I'm not too proud to say so. Is this mob a multi - or at least one answer in the mix?

I would much prefer the way they have been doing the videos up until now and editing them, over a simple basic zoom meeting call.

On one hand, I get it as things continue to change at the drop of a hat and my European countries are going to lock downs. People's health is more important than some game questions, however I am with some of the replies - you could seek alternative methods. Zoom interview - even just make a text version.
Don't over think it, I mean you do WORK together somehow right?

Oh and I'm watching - that is your 15th post in 7 months. You are slipping to 2 a month average -
Do they ??

There's still unanswered questions in the Ask Mindark forum on entropia forum from many years ago... so nothing new to see delays. Would be interesting if they'd go after that and all the other questions still unanswered from the original ama when they finally get around to it.

Due to new health recommendations in Sweden, there will unfortunately be a delay in recording video responses to the AMA questions, as we want to make filming as safe as possible for the MindArk team. The text format responses will also be delayed. Thank you for your patience!

Best regards

My Antonsson

Ok , this answers all the questions I had posted .

Thank you for the fast response.

I think My is jerking you guys chain. It seems like something her avatar would do. Mischievous looking thing. :p

So the whole world goes to video calls because of Covid and Mindark says because of Covid the video is delayed.
Do Videocams in Sweden spread Covid? If so there is allways the possibility to write the AMA and post it, I bet that will not be infectious to others when they read text in their browser. But there is never a excuse too lame to be used by MA.

Or is there another reason, like you did not get enough deposits to pay out the Yog abusers withdrawals who change their avatars once again? I know MA profits from such behavoir as they get their fee from the withdrawls and new deposits on the next avatar like they get more decay when a weapon has its reload speed improved by 50% and not only by 30%.

Pretty sure they did when this section was opened and then promptly removed it. Probably cause they had no intention of meeting a set deadline even then.

I don't get it. I can see delaying some high production video. But honestly, we don't need high production. A Zoom call would be more than enough. You could even just do this AMA as just text responses to the posts. Which is probably a much better option as answers can be articulated better. I have the feeling that everything is just going to get muddled down, softened and glossed over in a video interview. Where the key point of the questions aren't even addressed.

Beyond that, personally, I'm no longer buying the "COVID" excuse from businesses as a blanket statement to absolve them from all everything. It's like common people, we're 8 months in on this pandemic - it should no longer come as a shock that you MIGHT want some sort of remote work contingencies in place. Some businesses, both smaller and larger, and in every niche, have been rolling with the punches and haven't skipped a beat during this time. There's no excuse anymore for "unexpected" delays or the complete cessation of work because you can't get in to the office.

Zoom, Skype, Slack, Discord, Trello, Asana, Teamviewer, Facetime...etc...etc...etc. There are so many options out there to facilitate remote work and collaboration now. Never mind the fact you're dealing with an ONLINE FORUM here that can literally be accessed from anywhere. I don't see how any type of health restriction could prevent a Zoom call and having someone type up some answers here.

I mean. it's not like this AMA came out of no where either. This has been planned for months and questions have been posted since mid-October. You would imagine that some thought and discussion had already happened regarding these questions in the office? Or was it another case of "nope, we're not even going to think about that until the deadline has arrived or come and gone."?

I think the handling of this AMA speaks volumes toward the core concern everyone has beyond the face value of the questions that were asked. It's par for the course "make promises that you have no intention of fulfilling and pass the buck as to why it wasn't done". That's pretty much been the case for the last 10 years lol

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh or overly critical. Perhaps it's the Entropian condition after playing this game for 15 years and experiencing first hand the frustrations and disappointments during that time. I'm interested in hearing the responses when they eventually go live (if they do, cause there are questions from the previous AMA that were never answered so there's no guarantee these questions will be either). But I've got other things to keep me busy for now and I'll keep checking back.

Pretty sure they did when this section was opened and then promptly removed it. Probably cause they had no intention of meeting a set deadline even then.

I don't get it. I can see delaying some high production video. But honestly, we don't need high production. A Zoom call would be more than enough. You could even just do this AMA as just text responses to the posts. Which is probably a much better option as answers can be articulated better. I have the feeling that everything is just going to get muddled down, softened and glossed over in a video interview. Where the key point of the questions aren't even addressed.

Beyond that, personally, I'm no longer buying the "COVID" excuse from businesses as a blanket statement to absolve them from all everything. It's like common people, we're 8 months in on this pandemic - it should no longer come as a shock that you MIGHT want some sort of remote work contingencies in place. Some businesses, both smaller and larger, and in every niche, have been rolling with the punches and haven't skipped a beat during this time. There's no excuse anymore for "unexpected" delays or the complete cessation of work because you can't get in to the office.

Zoom, Skype, Slack, Discord, Trello, Asana, Teamviewer, Facetime...etc...etc...etc. There are so many options out there to facilitate remote work and collaboration now. Never mind the fact you're dealing with an ONLINE FORUM here that can literally be accessed from anywhere. I don't see how any type of health restriction could prevent a Zoom call and having someone type up some answers here.

I mean. it's not like this AMA came out of no where either. This has been planned for months and questions have been posted since mid-October. You would imagine that some thought and discussion had already happened regarding these questions in the office? Or was it another case of "nope, we're not even going to think about that until the deadline has arrived or come and gone."?

I think the handling of this AMA speaks volumes toward the core concern everyone has beyond the face value of the questions that were asked. It's par for the course "make promises that you have no intention of fulfilling and pass the buck as to why it wasn't done". That's pretty much been the case for the last 10 years lol

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh or overly critical. Perhaps it's the Entropian condition after playing this game for 15 years and experiencing first hand the frustrations and disappointments during that time. I'm interested in hearing the responses when they eventually go live (if they do, cause there are questions from the previous AMA that were never answered so there's no guarantee these questions will be either). But I've got other things to keep me busy for now and I'll keep checking back.

the video I think is not made mainly for us players, but rather to promote the fact that they communicate with us and take into account our requests, wish

There's still unanswered questions in the Ask Mindark forum on entropia forum from many years ago... so nothing new to see delays. Would be interesting if they'd go after that and all the other questions still unanswered from the original ama when they finally get around to it.
Hello, I've seen a lot of users commenting on various threads that their questions did not get a reply in the last AMA and I understand it can be very frustrating when you have a question you really want a reply to. However, I would like to remind everyone that this AMA likewise the AMA in 2019 stated the following in the rules:

• Due to time constraints, there is no guarantee that the MindArk team will be able to answer every question posted.

Since this is stated in our rules I hope you understand that we will not reply to the unanswered questions from the last year's AMA. If you still would like to try and get an answer to your question I would advise you to submit the question again in another AMA, but then again I cannot promise that we will be able to answer it because of the rule mentioned above.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best regards,

My Antonsson

this AMA likewise the AMA in 2019 stated the following in the rules:
  • Due to time constraints, there is no guarantee that the MindArk team will be able to answer every question posted.
Since this is stated in our rules I hope you understand that we will not reply to the unanswered questions from the last year's AMA. If you still would like to try and get an answer to your question I would advise you to submit the question again in another AMA, but then again I cannot promise that we will be able to answer it because of the rule mentioned above.
So instead of priority to previously unanswered questions resubmitted (not all will be as some may have been resolved or become irrelevant), we have the same get out clause.. sorry ran out of time.
I appreciate the actual AMA may have time restraints especially when doing video, but why does this prevent answers being given ?

1. Video. Why ? Get off the bandwagon that everyone needs social media, that we all want and use Facebook, iphones, streaming. We don't all want it those formats, for some it actually excludes them. Deaf and hard of hearing players would prefer the typed word, or if you must do video then don't look at each other and try to be 2 chatty mates, sit facing the screen and speak to camera so lip readers stand a chance. Subtitles could even be added if not done live.
2. Even for those that can hear, and don't mind social media things can be hard to trace later, when perhaps we want to fact check earlier statements. The written word gives accountability, you can add qualifiers, you can post again later if it changes and bring us up to date. Good Lord you could communicate.
3. Scheduling. Getting together for the AMA video, in any busy company can be a headache which is totally avoidable. Write to us.
The person with responsibility for that aspect of the game answers the relevant question. It is then vetted by a manager(s) for accuracy and to ensure no breach of trade secrets. It is then proof read by a fluent English speaker. You can each work on it when you can, but with a deadline, doesn't matter if at home, in office or on a tablet while travelling. Use your time wisely and give us better quality, more complete answers and less excuses. Only then will you gain greater player respect and a whole lot less bitching.

You have a good product or we wouldn't be here, wouldn't snipe at you, because we wouldn't care. Please respect our enthusiasm and our wish to see you perform well now and in the future. Try to inform us and treat us as customers instead of nuisances.

I was hopeful that with the announced delay the team of 12 MA participants would have more time to tackle more or even all 71 questions this time around. Until..

... I cannot promise that we will be able to answer it because of the rule mentioned above.

Unfortunately I read this like a get-out-of-jail-free-card for you guys at MA to freely ignore any topic you do not want to comment on. I guess years and years of bad conditioning does that.

Back