Opinions on Modified Viceroy Armor?

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
What are people's opinions on the modified armor available on Arkadia.

A full set gives a 20% Evade buff (only armor in game to do that?) And a 1% crit chance buff.

It's very expensive to obtain but is something I want to grind the materials for but before I get too committed would like to know what peoples opinions are of this set, particularly people that have already obtained it.

it's decent, mid tier armor. Bear in mind though, that it is bound to your character. You cannot sell it after you get it. I say this so that you understand it is an investment.

I just did the entire quest, and it cost me quite a bit (over 10k ped) to acquire all materials.

I like the armor, but as mentioned, it cannot be sold to recoup expenses later, and it is a mid tier armor. Hope this information helps.

Angel FEN edition gives evade buff as well :)

how much would all that grinding cost vs how much a better armor will cost? Lots of hidden factors in there, I'm sure. Wonder when upgradeable supremacy will be available from an npc somewhere?

I like to set goals for my self, and six months ago I was thinking that I should get a Mod vic. I mean it is a fairly nice armor with nice buffs but it is account bound and that is a big drawback for me. So I started to think how much would I be willing to pay for a armor that is account bound, the answer was 1000 ped. So I set a goal to get it for 1000 ped or less.
So I figure out exactly what I need for a full mod vic (at this point I don't even have the regular vic), look up all the mobs I need to hunt for materials where to mine etc and started to grind.

Four months later I have a full Mod vic for the price of -4500 ped. The armor did not cost me 1000 I earned 4500 ped when grinding for all the parts.
So, this is also a scenario :) If you plan, grind, adapt it can surly be in your favor

I would say do it. If you have the time to spend, why not? I you like goals and grind, this is a great one.
Now I have a new goal and that makes med excited to achieve

Tip:
I did not convert the material until I had everything for the mod vic. I liked to have the option to be able to abort at any time and just sell the materials.

Edit:
I like the armor very much, perfect for all mid level stuff. Plated with 5B or 6A I can hunt the most things I have the need for.

Last edited:
I like to set goals for my self, and six months ago I was thinking that I should get a Mod vic. I mean it is a fairly nice armor with nice buffs but it is account bound and that is a big drawback for me. So I started to think how much would I be willing to pay for a armor that is account bound, the answer was 1000 ped. So I set a goal to get it for 1000 ped or less.
So I figure out exactly what I need for a full mod vic (at this point I don't even have the regular vic), look up all the mobs I need to hunt for materials where to mine etc and started to grind.

Four months later I have a full Mod vic for the price of -4500 ped. The armor did not cost me 1000 I earned 4500 ped when grinding for all the parts.
So, this is also a scenario :) If you plan, grind, adapt it can surly be in your favor

I would say do it. If you have the time to spend, why not? I you like goals and grind, this is a great one.
Now I have a new goal and that makes med excited to achieve

Tip:
I did not convert the material until I had everything for the mod vic. I liked to have the option to be able to abort at any time and just sell the materials.

Edit:
I like the armor very much, perfect for all mid level stuff. Plated with 5B or 6A I can hunt the most things I have the need for.
This is EXACTLY where my head is at... I'm looking forward to the adventure of earning it from scratch.

Yup long goal. The armor is amazing. It only gets better as you grow. Nothing stupid about it except the MU for adj nanites. It's a commitment that I'll never regret.

What ya readin for?!!

Yeah the nanites have me concerned ngl. Started asking around on where to find them and almost every reply is along the lines of be prepared to hunt for days before finding any.

Bismuth is more of a pain to find... but good luck! :)

I spent a month or so on arkadia trying to find/buy parts to get mod viceroy. Total cost was maybe 9000 PED. Good armour for low-mid level mobs but cost to build a set is insane.

Yeah the nanites have me concerned ngl. Started asking around on where to find them and almost every reply is along the lines of be prepared to hunt for days before finding any.
I got all the adjusted nanites I needed from grinding to open the 2nd warehouse (hint) but I bought the rest mostly.

Yes, nanites takes time. I bought a few here since it took so long to farm them.
But mobs that drop them on a regular basis is Wombana, Togo, Navi and I think badgers do to. They only drop in underground as far as I know

I think most of the people who do get Viceroy do so for the 19 Acid protection. I don't own Viceroy cause I just hate the idea that it cannot be sold.

Now that Gorgon is here, I'd much sooner grind for Gorgon then Viceroy if I really wanted that Acid. Modified Gorgon has 16 Acid and 38 Impact, which is double the Impact of Mod Viceroy.

But of course the biggest advantage that Gorgon has over Viceroy is that it can be traded, which means you can get all that mu back if you decide to get something else.

I think most of the people who do get Viceroy do so for the 19 Acid protection. I don't own Viceroy cause I just hate the idea that it cannot be sold.

Now that Gorgon is here, I'd much sooner grind for Gorgon then Viceroy if I really wanted that Acid. Modified Gorgon has 16 Acid and 38 Impact, which is double the Impact of Mod Viceroy.

But of course the biggest advantage that Gorgon has over Viceroy is that it can be traded, which means you can get all that mu back if you decide to get something else.

u forgot the most critical point of Viceroy, most people get Viceroy is to get Viceroy Modified and it has 1 Percent Increased Critical Hit Chance.
I get the mode to combine with two rings Summer Ring 2016 + Halloween Ring 2019 = 4.8 Percent Increased Critical Hit Chance + 20 Percent Evade + 11 reload

Those combination was my cheapest way without spending a fortune on one of those rings that have 3 crit chance.

Everyone who can afford to upgrade should. I upgraded my Viceroy - Skullcandy Edition this year to Modified. I have outgrown it, but it is nice armor, if a bit ugly (that helmet...) I like knowing that even if I left, it will still be waiting for me when I come back.

Everyone who can afford to upgrade should. I upgraded my Viceroy - Skullcandy Edition this year to Modified. I have outgrown it, but it is nice armor, if a bit ugly (that helmet...) I like knowing that even if I left, it will still be waiting for me when I come back.
I don't think it's possible to outgrow it. Remember, some people hunt naked. For me it will last forever. I just made commando :)

The most important thing to know about mod viceroy, imho, is that it will cost you about 7k to build a set of armor that you can NEVER get your ped back from.

Soul locked armor is not worth 7k in my opinion, unless you have money to burn.

Last edited:
The most important thing to know about mod viceroy IMHO is that it will cost you about 7k to build a set of armour that you can NEVER get your ped back from.

Soul locked armour is not worth 7k, in my opinion, unless you have money to burn.
I couldn't agree more there!

The most important thing to know about mod viceroy, imho, is that it will cost you about 7k to build a set of armor that you can NEVER get your ped back from.

Soul locked armor is not worth 7k in my opinion, unless you have money to burn.

I couldn't disagree more there!

I know that the audience is mixed on Tier increasing of soulbound items. But consider this, each time you upgrade your armor your get a randomized TIR in return, It is very possible that several parts will have low TIR values (xxx/200). Several parts of mine are VERY low TIR, there is no way for me to upgrade my TIR for those parts, not trading or reselling, etc..

tenor.gif

:beerchug:

Its not an armor for the casuall weekend warrior, but if u grind alot and have atleast 250 hp its totally worth it. Mine is tier6 now (silly low tier cost) and i love it, just a shame enhancers are so expensive.

I am currently grinding for this armor, however every time I loot the nanites for the upgrade I give in to the insane markup and just sell them lol.
Its worth getting but just wait for the markup on the nanites to stabilize, especially the adjusted. 2 months ago they were half the markup, they will come down again.
Grinding Nanites and Miluca timber and orange paint can be profitable, do this to generate income to buy the materials cheaper later down the track.

Slowly bid on bismuth plating when it goes for under markup on auction. Don't rush.

Great armour, I'm glad I upgraded mine a few months back, the price has skyrocketed on them nanites recently. The armour buffs are amazing almost like having a third ring equipped.

Who's figured the actual costs to go from viceroy to mod viceroy?

I remember checking years back and thought it looked to be over 20k ped. Now I see one guy claiming 1,000 ped… I doubt you could even get the regular viceroy for that, but whatever.

1,000, 9,000, 20k, what is the normal person cost to upgrade? PAYING for materials, not starting a fairytail goosechase expecting to loot them all.

7 to 10 k true cost. i thought it valued at around 13-15k but feel it cost 20 :)

I upgraded mine in December and I can't remember the full cost but it was definitely nowhere near that price it was more like 6-7k at most.

Last edited:
Who's figured the actual costs to go from viceroy to mod viceroy?

I remember checking years back and thought it looked to be over 20k ped. Now I see one guy claiming 1,000 ped… I doubt you could even get the regular viceroy for that, but whatever.

1,000, 9,000, 20k, what is the normal person cost to upgrade? PAYING for materials, not starting a fairytail goosechase expecting to loot them all.

The cost is very easy to calculate
Cost of adj nanite *14
Cost of imp nanite *14
Cost of mod nanite *14
Cost of 2100 bismuth plating
Cost of L armors
Cost of ores

Depending on what the price is on these are and how much you buy VS loot, the cost will vary quite a bit between players. You should instated ask yourself how much are you willing to spend. Mine was free as I stated above.
Some items are easy to farm, some items make sense to buy. Depending on what type of player you are this also vary.

Back