Entropia Universe 17.5 Release Notes

For what it's worth, codex meta rewards are insanely OP. Personally they feel like they are 10-20x what they should be. And yes I totally expect to be flamed for saying this.
Great.. now MA is gonna come out with a statement saying they put a decimal place in the wrong spot...

For what it's worth, codex meta rewards are insanely OP. Personally they feel like they are 10-20x what they should be. And yes I totally expect to be flamed for saying this.

It has been a tough year, maybe we all deserve an early Christmas present? :xmas:

do you get to choose the atrribute awards? or are they predetermined? im still stuck at work :/

It would seem the metas increase by 20% of a level every time you level up any codex! The mobs with really low costs of progression are thus fantastic, while higher levels of higher mobs are much less so. I can see planets being visited just for the low mob boosters for once, instead of the normal hunt for a particular niche mob.
Thanks mega for the first insight into the progression: any more news out there as to what we can select and how much we get?

Just cashed in 64 Codex Meta Challenge’s and noted that each reward offered showed as 1 PED.

However, the rewards received were lower than the 1 PED stated. For example say 0.8x PED or 0.9x PED.

Is this just me or are others seeing the same?

MA: if 1 PED is stated as a reward should 1 PED not be received as the reward?

Cheers
DistantSun

Just cashed in 64 Codex Meta Challenge’s and noted that each reward offered showed as 1 PED.

However, the rewards received were lower than the 1 PED stated. For example say 0.8x PED or 0.9x PED.

Is this just me or are others seeing the same?

MA: if 1 PED is stated as a reward should 1 PED not be received as the reward?

Cheers
DistantSun

I think you're mistaking the ped value vs the skill point increase. The higher attribute value, the lower the skill point increase for 1 ped equivalent.

Hopefully someone has an definitive answer for a question regarding the new meta attribute rewards.

Are the new meta attribute like the old tokens where one is better to wait as long as possible to use them?

Example, If someone used 100 meta awards at level 50 and then shot 5 million peds of ammo would they end up with the same
amount of attributes had they first shot 5 million peds of ammo and then used the meta rewards. Everything else being the same.

It would seem the metas increase by 20% of a level every time you level up any codex! The mobs with really low costs of progression are thus fantastic, while higher levels of higher mobs are much less so. I can see planets being visited just for the low mob boosters for once, instead of the normal hunt for a particular niche mob.
Thanks mega for the first insight into the progression: any more news out there as to what we can select and how much we get?
Sometimes it is just Intelligency and Psyche to choose fromt some time Agility and Stamina, sometimes Strenght comes to the choices and sometimes you can choose anyone of them...rank 74 here was allways 1 Ped (and I spent each one).
Still can not really understand what is the basis for the reward. Is it really codex ranks ? Yesterday in the video they said player level (which would seem unfair to me).
Well will see after Thursday when I am back from my codex free exile.

Just to clarify the change to no ammo consumption to non ballistic weapons etc. I'm going to assume these are just changes towards support weapons?

Wouldn't it have just been easier to just say "Removed ammo and decay from missed shots from Support weapons and mounted weapons in PvP and Space areas."

Since they tossed in the non ballistic terminology, it sent everyone for a loop.

I think you're mistaking the ped value vs the skill point increase. The higher attribute value, the lower the skill point increase for 1 ped equivalent.
I believe that you are correct.
I should not be playing and replying to posts so close to midnight (especially in 2020).

Thanks
DistantSun

• Removed ammo consumption and deterioration for missed shots from all non-ballistic and sweep weapons, including in PVP zones and in Space.

- An Corp - Landgrabs, a first incentive, more to come I hope. Now lets hope the mentioned improvments for performance includes the various lag issues in PVP as well. Exiting :D

Still can not really understand what is the basis for the reward. Is it really codex ranks ? Yesterday in the video they said player level (which would seem unfair to me).
In a bit more detail, I was only moving/hopping in steps of 20% each time I got an individual mob level, so that's pretty much what did it for me, yes :).
If anyone is getting jumps of more or less that would be interesting in finding some other criterion.
I guess I'll have to take a look at which attributes I'd most like right now, ty for the other part of your reply. :)

New features:

Codex for Partners

• Next Island and Toulan have now been added to the Codex Challenge system. Other Planet Partners will be added in the next Version Update. Existing hunting missions already in progress on those planets will be available for one year for completion.

Codex Meta Challenge

• A new system of attribute rewards has been added to the Codex, which calculates rewards (retroactively) for all existing Codex Challenges, across all planets.

Changes:

• Removed ammo consumption and deterioration for missed shots from all non-ballistic and sweep weapons, including in PVP zones and in Space.

Fixes:

• Loading speed for the Codex has been improved
  • Server stability improvements

Planet Calypso Content Release 2020.0.6

Changes:

• Reduced the weight of “RDI Designs” hand in items
  • The Tezlapod creature has received a graphical update

Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where the Trade Terminals in Sector A1 & Sector B1 of the Secret RDI Lab were not working as intended.
  • Fixed an issue in Sector A1 & Sector B1 of the Secret RDI Lab where it was possible to interact with and receive damage from the “Effect Reset” terminal more than once before it disappears.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here
so my rocket still uses ammo in non pvp zone when is it going to be the same for all weapons accross the board ?

Just to clarify this point; this refers to shots that did not hit the target (ones that were fired into air/space). These shots will no longer consume ammo or cause decay when they happen in PvP zones, just as is already the case since earlier in non-PvP zones.
explosive weapons have allways consumed ammo pvp or non pvp please clarify

It had a 5% Life Steal Buff and in a thread someone was complaining about the ring being too good and MA stated it will instead be a -5% Life Steal Debuff.

Ups, we are sorry for your big MU loss on it. That its a big hit actually.

Everybody rushing to Arkadia, Cyrene and Rocktropia now...

Am I assuming correctly, that for our game simulation BLP does not count as ballistic (as it would in terrestrial physics)? So this leaves rockets and grenades, yes? Which makes for an odd situation for rocket-equipped Sleipnirs in Space, which has BLP as secondary weapon. I'm not quite seeing the logic behind that distinction.
Edit: The above reply was posted during writing this. Flamethrowers count under BLP in this game, you think it makes a difference now?
i agree with you on this.. the missle are fun but useless in space at least on spaceboss and dropships.. they go off out of range of whatever they need to hit for actually do damage.

Sleip need those weaps either reversed or anew primary kismet like weap created imo.

nice update tho but cant see space mobs on codex in space and also on the meta tab cant see more than 2 digits for the rank in the left hand pane.

Codex Meta Challenge
  • A new system of attribute rewards has been added to the Codex, which calculates rewards (retroactively) for all existing Codex Challenges, across all planets.

I wish they would have announced this with the removal of the missions. They actually did but they should have given us a lot more details. People spent dozens of hours bitching about removal of the attributes from rewards and now we get MANY times more attributes.
I like the new mission, although I am not a big consumer of the attributes content, looking it from a general perspective, it's a great way of giving newer players a chance to catch up with the very old or very active players, in terms of attributes but it was a big mistake, in my opinion, to not reveal this update a lot sooner, when a lot of people were seriously upset about the old missions.

Gj on the update, awful job on the communication.

My first claim reward choice is 1.00 PED Intelligence or 1.00 PED Psyche.
I haven't chosen yet because both are at 78 and still increase naturally.

Did you get the reward as soon as you logged in?

I've logged in but got nothing. Maybe im doing something wrong? :confused:

Did you get the reward as soon as you logged in?

I've logged in but got nothing. Maybe im doing something wrong? :confused:
I got a message about it, even though I am on Arkadia. Can not access Codex entries from Calypso there, but the one with the attributes ist accessable.

To me they look ok. :p We have to think about that 1 attribute point = 20 skill points, so if you have 161 in one attribute thats
equal to a skill with 3220 points, which isn't that high.
At that attribute point (161) you get 0.2000 points of increase from reward.

BUG (unsure if its been reported)

In the newer Codex GUID each mob simply says "Untrack" in the top right hand corner. Surley this should switch between "Track" and "Untrack" ;)

DistantSun

These changes are awesome!

"Codex Meta Challenge
Changes:
  • Removed ammo consumption and deterioration for missed shots from all non-ballistic and sweep weapons, including in PVP zones and in Space."
I agree!
The Meta is an awesome addition :yay:

I love that whoever did the update ( tech ) person , did a brilliant job of it as far as I have seen. ( MA keep that guy/gal on speed dial and give him/her a bonus )

??

Perhaps working as intended but I noticed this morning that increasing my Merry Creatures Star level had no effect on my meta attribute challenge at all. I thought at the very least it would give the regular 20% increase but it did not.

Perhaps working as intended but I noticed this morning that increasing my Merry Creatures Star level had no effect on my meta attribute challenge at all. I thought at the very least it would give the regular 20% increase but it did not.

Are you on Codex repeat?

Ok. Thanks for the info. I guess it makes sense as you've claimed all the increased rewards, and there is no true progression forward in that codex?

BUG (unsure if its been reported)

In the newer Codex GUID each mob simply says "Untrack" in the top right hand corner. Surley this should switch between "Track" and "Untrack" ;)

DistantSun

It rather works like this: It doesn't change :)

Click on a tracked one, reopen the codex and it will keep saying "Untrack" no matter what mob you click
Click on an untracked one, reopen the codex and it will keep saying "Track" no matter what mob you click

Quite the easy one to fix it as it seems. Will be fixed right after the continuous shrinking of the chat window with every logging in.

Back