Achievement: Perseverance

Orion

Prowler
Society
AO
Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
NASA couldn't have timed it better! And thank you for the perfect naming!

:yay: My 19th ingame Anniversary:yay:

On February 9th, 2002, when the Internet was still made of wood and bricks, I learned about a SciFi Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game under construction, which accepted a couple of "test players".
They named it Project Entropia and the revolutionary idea of an ingame economy, tied to the US$, aroused my interest.

So i created my first male avatar and i immersed in the colorful landscapes. So beautiful! The hills, the plants, the animals! They bite me! I get nowhere alive!
Endless wanderings from place to place. As a ghost!
Cities, tall buildings, it looks so futuristic! Everything is 3-Dimensional! Online! Free to play!

Oh, and so buggy. Hmph!
Don't bother, give them a chance! They are far away from release and the idea of the game is cool! They will fix the rest.
The concept kept me fascinated, but i didn't deposit any money. My poor student being had higher priorities and was anxious to lose it all over an internet hoax trying to rip off idiots like me.

Time passed, i fought endless bugs and lags and rubberbanding, lost my trust and confidence, my activity dwindled and i crawled from Version Update to Patch to Version Update.
Always hoping it would get better one day.
And it did! Only by minuscle steps, but always enough to give it another chance to see what was behind the next Version Update.

Spring 2003 and Entropia Universe went Gold! VU4.2!
The Release Version had regained my confidence in the game and i considered my first deposit.
Everything was more expensive for male avatars. I had to think over leaving behind my skills, earned so hard by blood and gore and the frugal non-depositor existence.
Finally i decided to start over with a fresh female avatar.

Eleria Orion Starwind took over and my marginal belongings changed hands to her. I hoped this was a wise decision and it was safe to deposit now!

Early 2004 and i already beat the crap out of this robot menace!
index.php

Hell, i am longer on Calypso than many players are on Earth!

Thank you MindArk for my 19 years of joy, frustration, friends, backstabbers, level-ups, losses, all time highs, all time lows and just a hell of a game!
So close, i'm looking forward to the TWEN...

Last edited:
Hell, i am longer on Calypso than many players are on Earth!
Thank you MindArk for 19 years of joy, frustration, friends, backstabbers, level-ups, losses, all time highs, all time lows and just a hell of a game!
So close, i'm looking forward to the TWEN...

Nice story Eleria, i can just hope the next TWEN event will be for all the players not just for the mid high ones.

Back