Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Tale - Hunting with Longtime

Worst returns I had in 2020 came from a weapon with extremely high DPP and looter over 60. I am going to object at your post, Rufen.

Worst returns I had in 2020 came from a weapon with extremely high DPP and looter over 60. I am going to object at your post, Rufen.
So high dpp has to be joined with high Eff and Looter?

Dpp has no effect in your tt return.
I never said it did affect TT. Thats looter, efficiency I don’t believe effects it much. Maybe read my post at bottom of page 2?

February 2021

Finished
:
None

Notables

Marcimex Watcher - 2859 PED

Looted
None

Unlocks
None

HUNTSTOTAL CYCLEDRETURN+/-DEFENSESTATSRESULTS (Volatility)
31161483.87 PED161726.89 PED243.02 PED (100.1505%)532.67 PED (0.3299%)0SB | 269G | 3H10P 21N (32.26%)

Summary

Positive month. Not a whole lot of turnover this month - been preparing to move.

March 2021

Finished
:
None

Notables

Marcimex Watcher - 1670 PED

Looted
None

Unlocks
None

17276988.33 PED273146.40 PED-3841.93 PED (98.6130%)2377.25 PED (0.8582%)0SB | 552G | 6H3P 14N (17.65%)
HUNTSTOTAL CYCLEDRETURN+/-DEFENSESTATSRESULTS (Volatility)

Summary

Good month but did not do much as I moved.

Nice log, nice returns lately! You, my friend, are living the dream.

Did you ever think as a small child that one day you'd grow up to drop inspirational logs?

is it avatar bound? if not, most valuable item ingame! :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, It would be hilarious if your september update showed an increase of around 1% :D

Month/YearCycleReturnTT +/-TT %
Sept2020
281215​
270337.1​
-10878.3​
96.13%​
Oct2020
288684​
280368.7​
-8315.14​
97.12%​
Nov2020
307237​
295293.3​
-11944.1​
96.11%​
Dec2020
454656​
447158.3​
-7497.5​
98.35%​
Jan2021
355752​
348140.9​
-7611.19​
97.86%​
Feb2021
161484​
161726.9​
243.02​
100.15%​
Mar2021
276988​
273146.4​
-3841.93​
98.61%​

Looks pretty confirmed to me!

Was reading back through the thread, I don't understand what support/advices you were expecting, 5. There is no such thing, only a river of bs aimed at protecting some prices. Just think at before implementation of 2.0. Weren't you here on forums, maybe, when successful uberhunters were throwing bs around about "hunt smart", "squeeze every ped of MU" and whatever other cliches in the same area?

And then to see what, that their profit was actually tt, because of a glitch ref dpp vs buffs? See Ivi's log for example, which he shown (but only after 1.0 became history).

Hunting moreso than any other profession has a turnover problem (whereas mining, for better or worse, has at least some sort of possibility of self-sustainability). Just look at how Eve hunts, dunno if Messi is still at same rhythm, but he'd be another example. A couple of years from now on or even earlier, these guys will reach some numbers. With ul items. Not pointing at them in personna, is not their job to balance the game, but exactly what can be fed to an impactful group of individuals hunting at bigger and bigger turnover? Pump up a bit the picture, what can be fed to the playerbase as a whole, seeing how codex speeds up skilling?

Simple, nothing.

What have you personally looted of any value? Exactly, some ul items. The sh't just goes from bad to worse everyday and I honestly don't see the solution (other than filling with blood some solid investments and repeat the massacre of imk2 from 2017, but this time with all ul items maybe).

What exactly in EU's economy nowadays would generate a turnover (of mats and so on) such as to create and move markets?

1. mayhem boxes (depreciating rapidly compared to years ago, because there's kind of nothing left in them sustainable, mayhem amps should be redesigned and rebalanced ref 2.0, but MA seems oblivious to this aspect, pills are useful from here to there, because there is no sustainable target)

2. tiering up - tier comps, but then tiered up weapon itself must have a meaning an end, to loot this or that which is used in something, somehow, there is only this much you can get from shrapnel

3. dmg enhancers via output comps, but here intervenes math (just as at 2) than 1 stackable and 2nd stackable can only drop so much per gun (so to say) ref an usage ratio and a meaningful mu

4. esi's, i mean we really have a lolable skill market nowadays, this system would also need to be redesigned, is outpaced by inflation

5. bit of mu generated by spacedrive, but there's so much it can happen vs number of hunters

6. some upgrade components (adj weps, armors, plates, faps) with the huge problem that those items are, again, ul so them have to be controlled

It's almost a mathematical necessity than any kind of material which would have some sort of economic logic behind will only put you right under break even. And then there remains the only hope for real future profit: bullshit/hype/buzz so maybe this wep gains 12k over an year, ha 1k ped "profit from MU monthly".

And the more the turnover grows (of the playerbase, as a whole), the more this problem accelerates. ArMatrix use a tiny bit of resources, which make them cheap, but apparently MA never heard of the concept of "cycle of povery" (well, they haven't heard of many things, it seems). Either that, either entirely this bs is by design. The less MU around, the less danger of money being withdrawn. I don't know, honestly, been thinking alot at this since the trappings of 2.0 became apparent, and I can't decide if MA are imbeciles or geniuses.

Somehow back on topic, with apologies for this wall of unsolicited text and skepticism, if there is indeed somewhere some opportunity of profit, expect harsh competition over it and, the least, info. On top of that, very hard balancing which might evaporate the opportunity as a whole at a whim. For the given time, it seems to me that what you've done (looting ul, MF specifically) is for the moment a possibility, but that in itself is a bubble. As long as mass production is not tied-up again to looted mats, one way or another, turnover will remain a trap, the more it is done with ul, the more so. Where that is not a trap you will find Eve, for example. For as long as those boxes will retain some margin.

And then there remains the only hope for real future profit: bullshit/hype/buzz so maybe this wep gains 12k over an year, ha 1k ped "profit from MU monthly".
I wish the above post made some more sense, but to me it didn't. I would like to clarify something tho:

No weapon can bring profit by itself if the owner is stupid / ignorat, unless the owner is not using it and only rents it.
If you want to use it, a weapon is just a tool, it's an extension of one's knowledge and determination. A great tool stands out for those who understand and have the right approach and information and can make a huge difference.
Just like pre loot 2.0 there were giving information and others, taking skepticism to the extreme, were calling it hype/buzz/bullshit while iml2 owners were making a nice profit. In tt, but the tt profit was only the part of the story, the intro. There was a guy farming kerbs at Jason with imk2, unamped, unenhanced, he was tt profiting but his results at the end of the month were many tens of thousands of peds away from those who were buffed, enhanced, amped, farming ESIs and other goodies.
Getting the information is the easiest part, how you process it and how you apply it according to your capabilities is a whole new level.
And yeah, squeezing every bit of MU is everything, even in a tt profit system.
In my opinion, after my experience so far, turnover is not a trap, but a wall with a ramp at the top.

Dude, you make me doubt my abilities to express myself in English with how much you twist what I said. Just visit the fen/a&p sales threads, they're full of bollocks.

Ref turnover, I remain to my opinion. Is very easy to fall into a crack without any short-mid term exit. Even an objectively small 2%tt loss (for example) can become impossible to recover simply because there's not enough material with MU, measured in absolute value. I constantly hunt for big MU stackables. Some of them (most, actually) just don't drop, simple as that. I might be seeing things, but I have the impression that some of them are tied to tt spent, instead of killcount, as I was tempted to believe. But that's something else entirely. Gratz to you if turnover works for you this way. I experimented myself that it tends to give a sort of tt bonus so to say, but that's about it. Then it's the hell of noMUaround, at least for my dps/eco/whatever.

A clarification, maybe: when I talk about MU, I mean effective MU. Stuff which actually sells. I don't care I have 70 tt on Cyrene of stuff with a MU, on paper, of 400 peds if that sells in the rhythm of 2 peds per week if I am lucky. I don't care that this oil has 110% MU on paper when actual MU is made of many sales of overpriced small stacks and a huge order at 104%. And then that MU divided to turnover. Is great I sold a small mushroom (talking about Cyclops) for 54 peds, what's not great is I spent some 4k to get it and rest is trash-kidney and shrapnel etc Glad you mentioned esi btw, good example of stuff which almost disappeared from loot (hence the mu).

Last edited:
MA became geniuses with the releases of Loot 2:0 & Loot 2:1.
Fixed this for you now. No one can beat the system anymore. So I don't understand why people are streaming the mobs they "Choose" to hunt for markup. It is ridiculous. Overall, the MU has become so scarce that any hunter that doesn't have a passive way to generate peds is losing peds exponentially. This is the main reason I deleted my How To Survive threads off PCF, and I don't regret it one bit if I expect to play this game for free or profitable. The day that ceases to be a possibility, adios amigos! Great knowing you all :).

I remain to my opinion.
This is the most common approach. Sadly a lot of people fall in this category. Everyone in this category swear it's impossible. It's easier for them. Think the whole thing is bugged and needs fixing. And people despise the other category of players who constantly prove the opposite and try to educate; because it's just ...easier. There's skepticism and skepticism Kerham. You assumed from the start it can't be done, you didn't bother to ask.

Last edited:
Big bang theory (the actual scientifical theory) was brought to humankind by a priest, Georges Lemaitre.

I am not asking, I am doing. I am shooting 7k per day (yes I know you do alot more), but the forum is full of know-it-all who only shoot the auctioneer (and in the past the fen token trader). And that with enigma L2+dante, because these days I am playing alot (too much, even). I am talking from my observations, and I maintain: turnover is a trap. Ok, with the exception of Eve. And 3-4 others. Satisfied now? What separates us? Knowledge and investment. For me it makes no sense to put money in this game such as to buy expensive weapons, EU just can't produce for me what IRL can, so it makes no sense to invest more in EU than in IRL (first of all, time). Nor am I rich enough to treat it the other way around (LA, thousands of deeds etc). Do I have to write a f'in disclaimer with every statement?

So, turnover is a trap. Most mobs can't carry it (or, rather, can't deliver). Is that simple.

What separates us? Knowledge and investment.
Knowledge is ...everywhere.
Investment? Here's the list of equipment I deposited money for:
- Rascal full set, $14 - 2005, thanks Scarlon!
- Nemesis full set - 2006 I think - $80, I have a screenie prolly, was too happy to remember the name.
- Adjusted A105, 2014, $70 I think, thanks James Cameron!
I don't have a 5digit solo loot. I didn't looted any item until FEN. No full ESI. One seasonal ring, easter 2020, that replaced a mod ares. Bought LP100 t6 last summer almost 100k, which it payed for itself in the meantime.

There are people with much more patience with far more impressive achievements, others just choose to ignore their advices.

5$'s logs were an inspiration for me since he began and I always enjoyed seeing them and other logs; I hope he keeps them going and I hope to see great results!
Good luck.

For me it makes no sense to put money in this game such as to buy expensive weapons, EU just can't produce for me what IRL can, so it makes no sense to invest more in EU than in IRL (first of all, time).

I feel the need to quote myself, which is awkward. (ref loots, offttopic, haven't you looted your first uber weapon? because that's a 6 digit loot, not a 5 digit one)

Last edited:
If I want to hunt for Generic Fuse, a mob that costs 9-9.50 ped for a kill, how much does my rarity for this loot decrease?

So much to go through here... but glad there are some topics to discuss. I will take them 1 by 1:

Was reading back through the thread, I don't understand what support/advices you were expecting, 5. There is no such thing, only a river of bs aimed at protecting some prices. Just think at before implementation of 2.0. Weren't you here on forums, maybe, when successful uberhunters were throwing bs around about "hunt smart", "squeeze every ped of MU" and whatever other cliches in the same area?

I am not sure I was asking for advices. There are some exceptions when it comes to asking some folks in how to elevate my game. I have found that I have needed to make those changes myself by digging through my data and doing what makes sense. I have tried just about every item in this game - having owned just about everything in this game at least once, it was a running joke.

I have come to the weapon that makes the most sense to my playstyle and risk tolerance. It is not the same for everyone and that is OK.

And then to see what, that their profit was actually tt, because of a glitch ref dpp vs buffs? See Ivi's log for example, which he shown (but only after 1.0 became history).

It was a problem in 1.0 as it is now. People give false information or vague information. Part of it is because some players are assholes. For others, why should everyone spoon feed the entire community time and time again when the root of the game is informational and thus makes it all PvP? I am playing against YOU, not Mindark in the 2.0 world. That is where I believe 2.0 made more sense, at least after the loot levels came into play. You now have at your disposal a way to change how the game acts with you long-term.

Hunting moreso than any other profession has a turnover problem (whereas mining, for better or worse, has at least some sort of possibility of self-sustainability).

All professions have self-sustainability. Some more than others. Having done all professions in cycles, the same is true in each profession - you ultimately do the meta in each. You can't just pick up an amp and mine until you are blue in the face and profit. There are select things you have to do, areas to mine - the really big juicy areas are over-mined and you suffer TT volatility as a result. I found hunting in the 2.0 world far more sustainable but again, it is about information. You can't just hunt kerbs all day like you use to... why? Because the principle loot from them (muscle oil) isn't in the meta.

Just look at how Eve hunts, dunno if Messi is still at same rhythm, but he'd be another example. A couple of years from now on or even earlier, these guys will reach some numbers. With ul items. Not pointing at them in personna, is not their job to balance the game, but exactly what can be fed to an impactful group of individuals hunting at bigger and bigger turnover?

In events, 98.98% (with small variance) of the loot distribution in TT is shrapnel. It doesn't matter how big the cycle is. UL Items makes the grinding worth while. I never needed them to do well. But in the cases where I looted something, it made down periods or times where I was doing something foolish (hunting unmaxed for skilling) easier on the card.

1. mayhem boxes (depreciating rapidly compared to years ago, because there's kind of nothing left in them sustainable, mayhem amps should be redesigned and rebalanced ref 2.0, but MA seems oblivious to this aspect, pills are useful from here to there, because there is no sustainable target)

False. All items, except for rings, are consumable. They are by the very definition consumable and are 20% more expensive than they were last year. The boxes are 150% more expensive on average from a year ago.

2. tiering up - tier comps, but then tiered up weapon itself must have a meaning an end, to loot this or that which is used in something, somehow, there is only this much you can get from shrapnel

Once the bottlenecks were removed, people have been tiering like crazy. The answers to some of your woes are in this one single bullet.

3. dmg enhancers via output comps, but here intervenes math (just as at 2) than 1 stackable and 2nd stackable can only drop so much per gun (so to say) ref an usage ratio and a meaningful mu

Are you trying to be self-sustainable by farming all your outputs more than you consume? It was easier now with the lower break rate. Outputs have a fine markup as we do not want damage enhancers to be where they were. It is in everyone's best interest than damage enhancers are in the low 200%s to increase turnover in the whole planet. It opens more possibilities to the players at less cost.

4. esi's, i mean we really have a lolable skill market nowadays, this system would also need to be redesigned, is outpaced by inflation

It wouldn't be this cost if the players did not pay it. My only complaint is that ESIs are overly top heavy but then there needs to be more reward for the risk.

Fixed this for you now. No one can beat the system anymore. So I don't understand why people are streaming the mobs they "Choose" to hunt for markup. It is ridiculous. Overall, the MU has become so scarce that any hunter that doesn't have a passive way to generate peds is losing peds exponentially. This is the main reason I deleted my How To Survive threads off PCF, and I don't regret it one bit if I expect to play this game for free or profitable. The day that ceases to be a possibility, adios amigos! Great knowing you all :).

You keep saying it but it is false. Perhaps what you knew to be true is no longer true because you told everyone the information. Metas change. Do you?

Last edited:
It was a problem in 1.0 as it is now. People give false information or vague information. Part of it is because some players are assholes. For others, why should everyone spoon feed the entire community time and time again when the root of the game is informational and thus makes it all PvP? I am playing against YOU, not Mindark in the 2.0 world. That is where I believe 2.0 made more sense, ...

To me it's really just that simple.

When a player grabs Perseus armor and ArMatrix rifles off the auction to go hunt Leviathan, what he should realize is, he is entering into competition with other hunters that farm Levi with UL weapons and UL armor, and since he just added ~50% markup on the cost of his protection, and 20-35% on the cost of his weapon decay, he is going to be at a big disadvantage once he tallies up his results and liquidates his loot.

But... This way of looking at things also has it's limits. There are a lot of people that sell their loot 'below cost' just for the sake of being able to return to hunting as quickly as possible. So in the end, there's a huge amount of downward pressure on loot markup on the basis of "gotta sell it to be able to get back to hunting". MA does what they can to ensure a continuous demand for stuff but this 'self-feeding' loop is really not that easy to balance. But this 'selling things below what it cost to acquire' has been going on since the beginning and isn't going away anytime soon.

In the end though, the guys with the Unl gear have a huge advantage that's for sure. So the game just ends up being pay-to-win when you look at it that way.

In the end though, the guys with the Unl gear have a huge advantage that's for sure. So the game just ends up being pay-to-win when you look at it that way.

But that is the point of buying an unlimited weapon - to avoid markup. Nothing more except tiering. It is to shift the game of percentages.

Consider sports - I might buy a top end bowling ball that gives me more advantage against another player using a house ball or a polished ball that was dirt cheap or part of a promotion. However, the person using a polished ball might beat me if I don't know how to use a reactive-resin ball properly. Same analogy is true with baseball and different type of bats, etc.

In 1.0, you didn't buy an unlimited weapon if you could buy a limited counterpart for near TT and there was good supply OR if you did not cycle enough for it to be worth while. In the mining game, you don't buy an unlimited amp if you are not cycling a lot to make it worth it.

You keep saying it, but it is false. Perhaps what you knew to be true is no longer true because you told everyone the information. Metas change. Do you?

What, that people can't profit past TT input? I have yet to experience this phenomenon. Please clarify what I keep saying is false, might that be helpful?

False. All items, except for rings, are consumable. They are by the very definition consumable and are 20% more expensive than they were last year. The boxes are 150% more expensive on average from a year ago.

I don't follow you here. Using an L item or some sort of consumable (enhancer) you bring something to economy, a turnover of something which somewhere creates a demand. Using a pure ul you bring nothing. That's what I meant. And this grows as a problem with every day, because it will never be the case that demand for ul items will be gigantic compared to the offer, the playerbase doesn't grow fast enough. On the contrary, there is a potentially endless source of ul items, the old non sib ones, as soon as enough players reach mid 80s. It might appear laughable to some, but there will be enough players who'd rather pick a karma killer and (eventually) tier it up than to put in the price of a real-world car. Not to mention a decent gun like i2870, of which there are actually plenty around. Case in which, at some point, the only possibility for MindArk will be to implement some sort of mandatory usage, such as who knows what type of L attachement or craftable ammo or something in this direction. Which will undermine ul concept as a whole, but is a necessity, it just can't go other way. The other possibility would be a competitive L series, but we're already 4 years since 2.0 and MA gives no sign they're after that.

Also not following about boxes being 150% more. Are we both talking about their market price? Because my memory of after-the-season prices for boxes was 3-3.5. Now they're 2 out of season and almost 2.5 at the end. (granted, no idea about last year).

It wouldn't be this cost if the players did not pay it. My only complaint is that ESIs are overly top heavy but then there needs to be more reward for the risk.

I am not talking about the cost of esi, but about the supply and, respectively, usage of esi. The only meaningful action them are seeing nowadays is people chipping out for mayhem. There is no skill market per se, except the odd rare crafting skill or looter prof. Simply the skillpoints which fit into 1 tt are too low for the pace they're growing nowadays, hence there can be no demand. It's a nearly dead system, if it weren't for this cathegory system in mayhem, they could delete esis completely from the game, there would be almost no impact.

___

All in all, you're making great points, but you're talking mainly about one's quest for sustainability/profit. I am talking about the economy as a whole, which is a wrecked train atm. For one person is a great thing to acquire a fen weapon. For the economy itself, any new ul fen weapon (bollocks, a&p) is a hemorroid waiting to provoke tears.

(One final thing: game was always PVP from the perspective you're mentioning).

Last edited:
What, that people can't profit past TT input? I have yet to experience this phenomenon. Please clarify what I keep saying is false, might that be helpful?

The assertion I keep reading from you is that you can't survive in this game. You can't beat this game long-term TT wise and that is a good thing. Surviving is a matter of knowledge. It is absolutely possible and not that difficult. But perhaps you have to think a bit outside of the box to accommodate any deficits while you figure out how to advance your ped card. The first step is to stop flailing about and tighten up your game to figure out where to go next.

you're talking mainly about one's quest for sustainability/profit. I am talking about the economy as a whole, which is a wrecked train atm. For one person is a great thing to acquire a fen weapon. For the economy itself, any new ul fen weapon (bollocks, a&p) is a hemorroid waiting to provoke tears.
First of all there is no economy to talk about if the point of sustainability is not reachable, fairly easy.
The economy is doing pretty OK atm, there are a lot of new big crafters making, guess what, highly L competitive and other consumables for which hunters create a demand.
The hunt for an UL, even FEN, creates a huge demand that involves the entire chain (well, not if you use an unamped, unenhanced, unbuffed karma killer). Hundreds of players had to hunt for one FEN item to be purchased. Yes, a wave of UL is not beneficial and this is why there will not be a restock of the Mayhem Token Trader like people want. There will be probably, in a couple of years, some new range of weapons and items that will create demand for other types of L and consumables; we will probably see chips and melee and you'll need a lot of L to max those.
Most of UL owners use consumables as well, for the sake of their own sustainability ofc.

The assertion I keep reading from you is that you can't survive in this game. You can't beat this game long-term TT wise, and that is a good thing. Surviving is a matter of knowledge. It is absolutely possible and not that difficult. But perhaps you have to think a bit outside of the box to accommodate any deficits while you figure out how to advance your ped card. The first step is to stop flailing about and tighten up your game to figure out where to go next.
When did I say you can't survive? It's become more competitive; at the moment, I'm enjoying an 8% avg markup.

Dude, you make me doubt my abilities to express myself in English with how much you twist what I said. Just visit the fen/a&p sales threads, they're full of bollocks.

Ref turnover, I remain to my opinion. Is very easy to fall into a crack without any short-mid term exit. Even an objectively small 2%tt loss (for example) can become impossible to recover simply because there's not enough material with MU, measured in absolute value. I constantly hunt for big MU stackables. Some of them (most, actually) just don't drop, simple as that. I might be seeing things, but I have the impression that some of them are tied to tt spent, instead of killcount, as I was tempted to believe. But that's something else entirely. Gratz to you if turnover works for you this way. I experimented myself that it tends to give a sort of tt bonus so to say, but that's about it. Then it's the hell of noMUaround, at least for my dps/eco/whatever.

A clarification, maybe: when I talk about MU, I mean effective MU. Stuff which actually sells. I don't care I have 70 tt on Cyrene of stuff with a MU, on paper, of 400 peds if that sells in the rhythm of 2 peds per week if I am lucky. I don't care that this oil has 110% MU on paper when actual MU is made of many sales of overpriced small stacks and a huge order at 104%. And then that MU divided to turnover. Is great I sold a small mushroom (talking about Cyclops) for 54 peds, what's not great is I spent some 4k to get it and rest is trash-kidney and shrapnel etc Glad you mentioned esi btw, good example of stuff which almost disappeared from loot (hence the mu).

Agreed. You don't need any of that expensive (player price ramped) gear to have a bit of fun and few hunts in EU.

I think it just adds to the stress owning expensive gear.

I'm running an adjusted kat sword cost about 900 ped. Bought it couple of years ago (caly upgrade version). I use VII heal chip I paid 600 for that and some gremlin armour with 5b's.

That's about 3k of gear total. Zero stress.

Some people would say that's a life fail, running with my 400k skills. Maybe committing your entire life to a game 24/7 is the biggest fail.

I'm happy with my 4 bed detached house, some kids, a happy wife, and a decent income. Then a few hunts when I have a couple of hours free for EU entertainment.

I don't even want or desire a 20k ring. I got some standard rings, does me fine.

Maybe you need the gear to win events....who cares. haha.

I log in, get some globals to prove it.

Rick.

Edit; they need you to buy their uber gear, to cover their massive 24/7 hunting losses on insane mobs. Truth.

I'm happy with my 4 bed detached house, some kids, a happy wife, and a decent income. Then a few hunts when I have a couple of hours free for EU entertainment.
Can someone explain why Rick England keeps shoving his wife in hunting related threads in the forum? Dude, we get it, you have a wife. They're easy to get, kids are also pretty easy and straightforward business ... why do you keep finding excuses? You don't have be successful in here and success here has nothing to do with IRL success, despite what those who are not doing too great also use as excuse... could you find a forum about happy wives and discuss with those guys instead? I'm genuinely happy for your happy life but it has nothing to do with this game, accept it already and just be happy outside the game. And stop throwing your wife all over the place, we're not interested in her.

success here has nothing to do with IRL success

Success here has everything to do with success IRL, as long as you talk about time-consuming activities, respectively they're incompatible. For sake of clarity, even if I think is obvious, I am strictly talking about hunting and mining. Crafting can, to some limited extent. due to automatization possibilities, passive income (LA, deeds etc) can because, again, obvious.

Entropia can't generate as much income as an average western job. That is all to it and is that simple. It can't even compete with unemployment benefits paid in any developed country. That's why for you and Messi (particularly for him, given the city) it is a serious option, while for anybody living already in Hungary, and the more to the west the more so, it can't. I understand you that you put so much time and effort in Entropia, I seriously do. I come from that country, I understand perfectly all the liberty an income of 1k-1,5k€ monthly netto (where I am hoping you are, at least) gives you in a country with vague fiscality and, still, seriously underpaid work, often unfunctional social security systems, with a bad healthcare system and so on. I understand why you'd take with both hands the option of not having a boss, not having to stay cheek on the window in mass transit system, have a flexible agenda and not missing much in terms of what the state can give for your bucks.

But that's only there and, most likely, in 5-10 years or so the succesful players of Entropia will come from Albania and Bangladesh, because that's where it makes sense, and in Romania or Bulgaria won't make sense anymore.

Surely you can find the odd IT worker or who knows what other position who's not pressed by company's IT policies, or some small business owner who, due to maybe the online-nature of main activity, could put the time needed (and, based on luck, the initial investment) to have success in EU. But the average person won't. You won't find in Entropia successful players (again, in hunting and mining) who to be also successful IRL, such as medics, top engineers, artists etc. Heck, you won't find the average accountant. There is simply not enough time, the day has 24hrs for all of us.

Why do I insist so much on time? You could argue that a person could be successful, proportionally, even playing something manageable, like 2-3 hours every other day, in average. And this is true, but then is a matter of efficiency of imobilizing funds. That's why you'll find pretty often in Entropia the other cathegory, people VERY well-off financially IRL, who're driving expensive cars, don't mind coughing a few thousands (or more) for a week of holiday etc. For them is not a burden in having some 15k$ in various stuff in Entropia, even if they can hunt only in week-end, because maybe they're say top bankers and net IRL a million a year or more. So what they have in Entropia pales in comparison with what they spend on other hobbies.

Then you will inevitably ask "but why do you spend so much time ingame". Because I'm unemployed right now, f' covid, the project I was into got busted and I sincerely wait for this all stuff to wind down a bit and then weight my choices (no, Entropia is not amongst them more than fun). For example, if I were to become a freelancer, I am looking at an average of 50€ per hour, after taxes. What should I invest? Uhm, maybe some better internet, some professional computer (only an EIZO monitor with colour management integrated capabilities would cost about 1,5k), a few gadgets, a few premium accounts online on various stuff (Adobe, safe mailing, ftp services etc).

And then I would be:

- ALOT under the price of, say, LP70 FEN
- ALOT over the profit capability of any setup in Entropia, per same time invested
- protected by law, not at the whims of some obscure board of MA, with full ownership guaranteed by law & papers on everything etc

If I would reffer to an employed position, even better. My rights protected by law, serious retirement, healthcare and unemployment benefits (60% of my previous income), all the burden of decision on my managers, respect for my time (in the sense of overtime being very expensive), lunchbreak 1hr, a fully functional system around me (dental care included in my state insurance, for example) etc etc etc Still, for 8h invested per day, over with serious bucks over anything Entropia could possibly offer me. And I am only a bit over the average income, nothing to wonder at. A person who delivers pizza in the city I live, that is the comparison for the most succesful uber in Entropia, in terms of return for time invested (and, usually, in terms of actual money made).

Why mentioning family etc? Because it matters. It matters for your significant other to have trust in you, in what you can provide in the common effort for a better life. It matters if you can both go in, shoulder to shoulder, in a credit for a better house. It matters if you can save, in a predictible manner, for your retirement, when you will fart together on some cruise for pensioneers. It matters if you can afford all those neat insurances, it matters if you can shove off aside some small sums maybe put into some blue chips or something else, it matters if you can preidcatbly save for the kids' uni or who knows what unexpected costs.

Entropia is a very stressful environment, with a very high competition, with no guarantees, and you have to be either a lunatic either in a niche position (like yourself) to tie in any meaningful part of your life to it. Please stop being an arrogant a'hole, you have no excuse for it, nor any base.

Last edited:
Back