News: Marcimex Unrest

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Breaking News – Hordes of Marcimex, an indigenous giant spider-like bug of Calypso have crawled up from their underground habitats in several locations on Calypso. During the last hour alone several groups of colonists have been attacked!

The Calypso Defence Force (CDF) and the Colonial Xenobiology Institute (CXI) have issued a High Alert Warning for areas around Twin Peaks, Boreas, Cyclops Volcano and Jurra Plateau.

Since the attacks are happening all over the Eudoria continent more locations are likely to be targeted.

The reason for this Marcimex infestation is not yet clear. Senior Xenobiology researchers theorise one of the potential factors to be population density changes and other natural causes. Other less conservative voices are raising the idea that these outbreaks could be related to the increased colonist activity on the planet.

Colonists are advised to approach the Marcimex hordes with caution. Still, fighting off the Marcimex from cities, outposts and roads should be a priority for everyone on Eudoria. All Marcimex kills will count towards the Codex reward system.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Originally Posted Here

@O2 & Bael - where are you with all the locations because MA is lazy?!?

please add repeatable missions of codex to META :D

Yeah agrees to that, feeling disrespected to grind and grind on the repeats because no meta increase.... :(

[Calypso, 74518, 67178, 148, Marcimex] - Weak
[Calypso, 70264, 71562, 212, Marcimex] - Watcher to Ravager
[Calypso, 70590, 71922, 244, Marcimex] - Soldier (with some drones L8 around)
[Calypso, 75138, 67095, 151, Marcimex] - Chaser

Last edited:
Anyone see queens or shadowshell yet?

Breaking Servers – Hordes of Marcimex, an indigenous giant spider-like bug of Calypso have crawled up from their underground habitats in several locations on Calypso. During the last hour alone several groups of colonists have been kicked out of the entropia universe due to not being able to loot. Some colonists have even lost peds due to this. The Marcimex horde were too big for our servers to handle. We're sorry for the inconvenience as we try to combat this horde we have caused.
Fixed it for you. :laugh:

please add repeatable missions of codex to META :D

No please don't. It goes completely against what the META codex was meant to do. Then auto hunters & hardcore grinders will get 500+ in all attributes without even leaving the cave they are in. The point of the META codex is to get people to explore all of EU/Calypso/Planets. It gives some incentive for people to hunt elsewhere on different mobs and helps a lot with the activity on Toulan, Monria and others in the future. The META codex is making EU an actual Universe, rather then just people camping in caves on caly 24.7.

No please don't. It goes completely against what the META codex was meant to do. Then auto hunters & hardcore grinders will get 500+ in all attributes without even leaving the cave they are in. The point of the META codex is to get people to explore all of EU/Calypso/Planets. It gives some incentive for people to hunt elsewhere on different mobs and helps a lot with the activity on Toulan, Monria and others in the future. The META codex is making EU an actual Universe, rather then just people camping in caves on caly 24.7.
Where did you read that META codex was meant for that? It was introduced to replace the old system of attribute reward, where you had plenty of attribute repeatables. So in that spirit it would only make sense to make codex repeatables part of META. Otherwise it's punishing the specialized hunter, for example Ron Kovich, which is a Zychion hunter mainly. A player spending 5% of what Ron Kovich can have 10 times more META ranks chasing punties in caves and in swamps. They both should be rewarded for their actions. Whoring on small creatures would still be better for attribute increase but the specialized hunter would get something too from repeatables... atm it seems a bit unbalanced to me.

[Calypso, 80415, 75024, 110, Waypoint] Strong 1440
[Calypso, 78022, 75088, 135, Waypoint] Ravager 1900
[Calypso, 77506, 74672, 152, Waypoint] Devastators 2320
[Calypso, 75198, 67210, 141, Waypoint] Chaser 3500
[Calypso, 79089, 75340, 145, Waypoint] Majestic 4200
[Calypso, 70231, 71624, 207, Waypoint] Shadowshell 12900

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you read that META codex was meant for that? It was introduced to replace the old system of attribute reward, where you had plenty of attribute repeatables. So in that spirit it would only make sense to make codex repeatables part of META. Otherwise it's punishing the specialized hunter, for example Ron Kovich, which is a Zychion hunter mainly. A player spending 5% of what Ron Kovich can have 10 times more META ranks chasing punties in caves and in swamps. They both should be rewarded for their actions. Whoring on small creatures would still be better for attribute increase but the specialized hunter would get something too from repeatables... atm it seems a bit unbalanced to me.

If u read release notes from meta codex, it is clearly not what u say but a reward system from hunting every mobs from all universe, not to repeat one. Also, saying punishment word is bad choice., because it is ur own choice.

I agree with you Buzz, and I'm on repeatable 20+ on most mayhem mobs.

Yes. Meta ranks are already way too easy to move up and its far too easy to gain 100+ attributes. Don't make it possible to obtain 500 agility in the next few years by making repeatable give meta ranks.
I actually think that for instance mobs they should put a cap for amount of repeatables you can complete on them. Since the instance (caves) are popular among botters and I rather not have MA give them free extra skills for afk botters 24/7 365 days a year. For mayhem same thing there should be a cap per mayhem.

I'd rather Mindark decided to grow a pair of balls ? and ban all these botters (like they used to do)
Me too. But we all know they don't got any balls to begin with when it comes to dealing with botters, so I figure that was somewhat of a compromise.

POS on Shadowshell anyone?

Silly Mathilda, almost all of PCF have no idea what you're talking about.... just like any subject really. :p

Bitcoin or Gold Coin. My motto in life can be 'Do Both'. I have other motto's too.

'Do unto scumbag as scumbag attempts to do to you.' has got me through the past 15 years pretty well. This is not a reference to you atomicstorm, but some people who tend not to login any more and a handful who miraculously still manage to do so.

I'm hoping a dozen more may join that 'contact support' list. The dirty dozen that cheated in the Summer Mayhem and got away with it especially.

I am all for taking some action against 24/7 botting, some of the recent pupugis performances are nothing short of ridiculous and actually "in your face". Bit more "subtlety" wouldn't go amiss!
However, there is already a "penalty" embedded in the system for repeatables, which returns ever decreasing skills, and consequently attributes, per ped cycled. Rewards already do asymptotically tend to zero and allowing meta on repeatables would still give a chance to those behind to catch up, without discriminating players who are on mutliple repeats, who in the long term would lose some of the incentives to hunt. And that's not how a game should be designed.

Last edited:
spend more gas trying to find out where the event is than you do making transactions on eth blockchain

Silly Mathilda, almost all of PCF have no idea what you're talking about.... just like any subject really. :p

Imo sarcastic remark about having to burn a lot of fuel flying around to find event locations.
Nothing wrong with such a statement. (Need I talk about current ETH gas rates...?)

:dunno:

Since this is a repeat event, however, most or all locations should be already known to long-time Entropians.

Last edited:
Imo sarcastic remark about having to burn a lot of fuel flying around to find event locations.
Nothing wrong with that.

:dunno:

Since this is a repeat event, however, most or all locations should be already known to long-time Entropians.

We have been here before. (2019)

Go do 25 levels of Gibnib and then tell me it's unbalanced. ?

Repeatables were already a mistake alltogether, adding meta would be even more so. Any kind of choice in Entropia usually has an opportunity cost. Except minmaxed grinding. They already get skills for free via profit, why should there exist any kind of bonus on top of that? Where would be the joy for "losers", as Messi loves to call us, meaning those who actually pay for the game alltogether, in attaining some extra 20 attributes or whatnot when stacking buffs-Earth Shock-yog-wave-jumpstrafe etc abusers would have hundreds? Didn't they got enough money, didn't they got away with enough abuses, glitches and exploits already, what's next a "press here to win" button?

Given that people around me in the last few days have not even been able to ...., maybe it's all over the universe right now. So, my question: is the META reward the same 1/5 step as every other stage increase? If so, then why do people have even the slightest issue with it being given at the end of a repeat stage requiring upwards of 5000 peds in turnover? People on the non-repeat stages and switching mobs will be getting Metas way way faster, especially now that other planets also with smaller mobs are on codex.
___
In the past I have expressed being p-ed off that there is a decline in the relative normal codex reward per repeat due to ever-increased turnover required. I do now understand that the same flat rate as pre-repeat would encourage camping even more, and there seems to be a problem with cave-botting, but I still feel MA should at the very least lower the decline here or set it to a flat 2/3 the reward for pre-repeat (0.5% of turnover reduced to maybe 0.34%?).

Back