Ad Terminal Guide wanted.

Phenikus

Hatchling
Society
Entropian Empire
Phenikus Phen Tasdian
Can someone share a guide on how to use the ad terminal or provide a link to a thread?

I would be ever so grateful! ;)

FYI, you can just use the preview button to see how most everything works for yourself. That's probably why there isn't a guide out there.

The ad terminal is chock full of bugs, and therefor any guide on how to create an ad would mostly be written about how to work-around said bugs. MindArk should fix the bugs, which would render the guide obsolete. Consequently the creation of said guide would be a waste of time.
I agree with above, the best way to learn how to use it is to use the preview feature.

Copy that! Thank you!

The only "kink" in the ad terminal is that design screen is taller then actual display screen. Which may cut away some of your ad.

That is the biggest BS about it - everything else is just self explanatory.

Also note that bright text on black screen = most likely to be seen and any font below second to max is illegible from more then 1 meter...

I.

How do we create multi-screen adverts?

Also:

How do we create multi-screen shop signs?

WHICH sign/screen/display/etc do we need for it?

Can we use our own uploaded images for multi-screen shop signs/screens/displays/etc?

Thanks.
:)

How do we create multi-screen adverts?

Also:

How do we create multi-screen shop signs?

WHICH sign/screen/display/etc do we need for it?

Can we use our own uploaded images for multi-screen shop signs/screens/displays/etc?

Thanks.
:)
UGC - i.e. User Generated Content is the only type of sign that can take PC - Participant Content uploads. If you want your own background on a sign you have to do the UGC upload file thing.

Regular non-UGC signs cn do multiple images too but you have to use the default Mindark backgrounds if you use those since they don't allow UGC.

Right Clck sign in the estate on the wall after hanging it. Choose edit. Then chose create content. If you are uploading an image from your computer go to the action book thing first and look for the action 'MY CENTENT' - Then go to the archive tab, which lets you see the archive folder on your computer. Usually that'll be under C:\Users\user name for your computer\Documents\Entropia Universe\Archive or wheverever you have the My documents section in computer installed. You may need to add in the 'archive' folder there if it doesn't automatically create it.

The 'content' you use has to be the correct aspect ratio and typically a multiple of 2... i.e. 512x512, etc. 1024x1024, etc. depending on iwhat the aspect ratio is... 2:1 would be 1024x512 pixels, etc.

You cannot put your own PC on ad terminal ads since I don't think it allows ugc there, but in signs in estates it does.

Be aware ugc items typically use up more than one item point. Signs usually use about 5-15 item points depending on size.

Screens use more item points, and in theory can do video, but I don't think bink video ever came back so screens are sort of wasted item points unless they've added a new way to ad in videos I'm not aware of.

One screen that is interesting though is the 'ad screen' that actually shows the ads that the main ad screens you see near auction rooms in malls, etc. shows so you can show that in your own estate. Be aware that those only show ads on planets that have ads... At the moment I've got a support ticket in to Mindark since I think FOMA should allow ads on ad screens that you see on Calypso ads but right now up here it's just blank since I don't think there's even an ad terminal up here in asteroid.

Also be aware that it's not cheap to upload PC. Ther's a deposit fee in addition to the sign decay fee... You get back a part of the deposit fee if you delete the content later, but it's fairly expensive deposit... 80 something ped I think.

UGC - i.e. User Generated Content is the only type of sign that can take PC - Participant Content uploads. If you want your own background on a sign you have to do the UGC upload file thing.

Regular non-UGC signs cn do multiple images too but you have to use the default Mindark backgrounds if you use those since they don't allow UGC.

Right Clck sign in the estate on the wall after hanging it. Choose edit. Then chose create content. If you are uploading an image from your computer go to the action book thing first and look for the action 'MY CENTENT' - Then go to the archive tab, which lets you see the archive folder on your computer. Usually that'll be under C:\Users\user name for your computer\Documents\Entropia Universe\Archive or wheverever you have the My documents section in computer installed. You may need to add in the 'archive' folder there if it doesn't automatically create it.

The 'content' you use has to be the correct aspect ratio and typically a multiple of 2... i.e. 512x512, etc. 1024x1024, etc. depending on iwhat the aspect ratio is... 2:1 would be 1024x512 pixels, etc.

You cannot put your own PC on ad terminal ads since I don't think it allows ugc there, but in signs in estates it does.

Be aware ugc items typically use up more than one item point. Signs usually use about 5-15 item points depending on size.

Screens use more item points, and in theory can do video, but I don't think bink video ever came back so screens are sort of wasted item points unless they've added a new way to ad in videos I'm not aware of.

One screen that is interesting though is the 'ad screen' that actually shows the ads that the main ad screens you see near auction rooms in malls, etc. shows so you can show that in your own estate. Be aware that those only show ads on planets that have ads... At the moment I've got a support ticket in to Mindark since I think FOMA should allow ads on ad screens that you see on Calypso ads but right now up here it's just blank since I don't think there's even an ad terminal up here in asteroid.

Also be aware that it's not cheap to upload PC. Ther's a deposit fee in addition to the sign decay fee... You get back a part of the deposit fee if you delete the content later, but it's fairly expensive deposit... 80 something ped I think.

Thanks for the detailed information. :) Much Appreciated.

However, I was asking about the "multi-screen" info. ie. I have seen people have multiple-screens (or pages) for the same advert (either on ad terminal) or their own signs.

For example:
Page 1: Do you need armor?
Page 2: Come to the best crafted armor on Calypso.
Page 3: Available at: Shop #1 in Emerald Mall.
Page 4: Be there, or be square!

1) How is this sequence done with timers and animations for the Ad Terminal?
2) And for shops/estates: Is there specific sign/screen/display/UGC needed for it?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed information. :) Much Appreciated.

However, I was asking about the "multi-screen" info. ie. I have seen people have multiple-screens (or pages) for the same advert (either on ad terminal) or their own signs.

For example:
Page 1: Do you need armor?
Page 2: Come to the best crafted armor on Calypso.
Page 3: Available at: Shop #1 in Emerald Mall.
Page 4: Be there, or be square!

1) How is this sequence done with timers and animations for the Ad Terminal?
2) And for shops/estates: Is there specific sign/screen/display/UGC needed for it?

Thanks. :)

Hey, maybe I can help. Not too sure about the ad terminal. And animations are no longer supported in any screens for many years since the Bink file support had been terminated. For screens/signs/displays, I believe all the regular screens that support images allow for what you are trying to do. The only difference between the screens that support this, is that one group will allow you to do this with your own uploaded backgrounds, and the other only with Entropia default backgrounds. To know which type of screen your looking at to support this, you have to look in the item information tab and it will tell you. I may be wrong on some parts, as it has been some time, but I believe it works like this. You choose one of the two supporting types of screens. Then you create multiple ad messages and pay the fee. From there you set the priority and sequence of each message, in each message upload. And based on that, you will then see a slideshow of sorts, of all your messages you uploaded to the screens. The speed and order of each transition is based on what you set in the previous steps. Also to note, the messages will display on every screen you own of that type, planet wide. So if you have one plasma (UGC) in your shop on Twin Peaks and one in your apartment in Omegaton, they will show the same messages, you can't change this. But if you have two of the same screens, one in Calypso and the other in Toulan, they will not share the same messages. This is good and bad, as you save PED on reuploading the same messages. But bad because you have to use a different screen type then if you don't want a message to appear on a different screen of the same type, in another location on the same planet. The default background images is also dependent on the planet, not sure if it can be exported once set though. One final note, the screens will deteriorate with each message upload and will cost you the associated fee also, so make sure you to look for all corrections in the first try. Especially make sure the image dimensions, extensions and location are correct, to avoid PED loss.

Back