News: Omegaton Export Initiative

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Soaring demand on Earth for items derived from extraterrestrials has prompted Omegaton to initiate a bulk purchase program for Calypso’s animal products. Among the required materials are Eomon and Longtooth goods — the procurement of which is only possible within the narrow time window of a mysterious migration cycle.

The company is willing to pay colonists fair market value for the highly prized animal products.

In addition, the logistics giant ostensibly seeks to help technology-poor colonies by buying up components.

Consul Tiberius Calderon will place auction purchase orders for the following goods:

• Eomon Musk
  • Longtooth Musk
  • Eomon Leather Texture
  • Longtooth Leather
  • Canvas Fabric Texture
  • Fine Frieze Fabric Texture
  • Flannel Fabric Texture
  • Fine Silk Fabric Texture
  • Velvet Fabric Texture
  • Large Striped Cotton Fabric Texture
  • Wrinkled Felt Fabric Texture
  • Satin Fabric Texture
  • Generic Leather Texture
  • Soft Leather Texture
  • Fine Leather Texture
  • Stum Shirt (Male)
  • Evelyn Cocktail Dress (Female)
  • Navy Officer Pants (Male)
  • Omegaton Pops (Male)
  • Droplet Skirt (Female)
  • Standard Matrix
  • Hardened Metal Ruds
  • Simple 1 Plastic Ruds
  • Simple 2 Plastic Ruds
  • Simple 3 Plastic Ruds
  • Simple 1 Plastic Spring
  • Simple 2 Plastic Spring
  • Simple 3 Plastic Spring
  • Simple 1 Conductor
  • Simple 2 Conductor
  • Simple 3 Conductor
  • Simple 4 Conductor

/ CalyNET News

IMPORTANT NOTES

• Orders will continue to be placed until adequate amounts of the items have been procured.
  • Prices, quantities and exactly which items are being purchased may vary. Keep an eye on the auction order section to check what is currently being ordered.
  • Any intentional disruption or manipulation of the auction order process will be investigated.

Originally Posted Here

very very nice....gives also some starter crafters a good chance to do somethin (y)

Great initiative. But there's one thing I'd like to know, last time you did something similar there were prizes for those who participated and were able to sell larger quantities of items in each category. This time there's no prize announcement, is it just missing or is it intentional?

So we now have market manipulation by both influencing supply and demand. Did the balancing manager find a book on 20th century Soviet Russia economics?

So we now have market manipulation by both influencing supply and demand. Did the balancing manager find a book on 20th century Soviet Russia economics?
An artificial loot sink on materials with very low market value. MindArk is taking a flat tax all the time anyways - this is just one of those rare times when they give some of it back.

The clothes are interesting, some of them are quite unusual and hard to buy normally. Unless one lucky person has a UL BP stashed I doubt there even are 100 evelyn cocktail dresses around! All the clothes have a similar sort of "puffy" look, I wonder if they want less of them around?

I think this is a great initiative.

But I do have a question / suggestion: Perhaps this would be better done outside the auction so it doesn't give a false idea of the market for the items being bought? I know that would be harder to manage. The upside would be avoiding "market manipulation" criticisms, and keeping auction history more pure.

I think this is a great initiative.

But I do have a question / suggestion: Perhaps this would be better done outside the auction so it doesn't give a false idea of the market for the items being bought? I know that would be harder to manage. The upside would be avoiding "market manipulation" criticisms, and keeping auction history more pure.
yep, just create an npc to take the stuff like it does for missions...

I had to register just to ask but.. How does this even work? Do I have to MEET the amount requested? A certain price point? It's typically marked as a percentage for max markup, but this is a flat sum on the order. I have never even paid attention to the order system before today and the only guide/explaination I found showed a percentage based markup indicator as well.

RUmlQ8k.png

You need to have your price a tiny bit under the 110% (bec sometimes even @exact 110% it doesnt sell + BUYOUT click !!!!!

The amount you sell isnt rly important...aslong you are under the order amount
gl,
Eddie

The clothes are interesting, some of them are quite unusual and hard to buy normally. Unless one lucky person has a UL BP stashed I doubt there even are 100 evelyn cocktail dresses around! All the clothes have a similar sort of "puffy" look, I wonder if they want less of them around?
I don't know why they don't have more clothes. Maybe they should make outfits look better. Have you seen some of the steampunk outfits?

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=steampunk+outfit&atb=v1-1&iax=images&ia=images

let's consider the fact that MA is PAYING MU
this means that these sales put ped back into game and are not gamer to gamer transfer
it is to me Amazing opportunity to craft loots.
conductor at 105 and springs at 106 are a wonderful way to get rid of muscle oil and eye oil
and also generic leather texture sinking at 110 is AWESOME

Not sure if its good or bad.
On one hand they're trying to revitalize low-level crafting.
On the other they preferred to just throw money into it instead or trying to rebalance things somehow.

inocence is believe mindark not control markup , and you return with markup
Is classic in minning when you got high tt with shit mu or insane mu with shit tt

Now I See Those Blueprints Are Way Over MU% :ROFLMAO:

A curious side effect too, animal hide MU dropped, but basic leather extractors spiked. :unsure:

Where does one get Eomon and Longtooth musk from ? Never looted them.

So it's like opals?
No, it's a blueprint (texture or tailoring thingy) you can loot while crafting, look at auction, usually some there.. uses eomon/longtooth skin and some oils etc, can't really remember atm.

Last edited:
Back