Question: To camp a mob or not

Pred

Dominant
Daniel Predator Skelland
Hi,

What's people's thoughts/experience/results on strictly camping the same mob for weeks maybe even months, as I'm sure some people do this, or is continually changing mobs say every hour or so better? Like whilst doing dailys etc.

Ye it was really

Makes no difference if you are ok with 92% TT return. Here is the proof

Different mobs have different loot volatilities because of HP difference. Camping a mob for a long time will bring you some predictability in long term over tt return and needed bankroll. Since loot should be the same everywhere long term (non taxed areas) it should not matter much as long as you can push trough bad loot and when you can, you should only observe the tt return, if you want to, but not make a decision based on tt return for short term on various projects you may have (codex, farming upgrade materials, skilling for a specific weapon or MU).
You type of project/goal should determine what you hunt. Chasing anything else but MU is an investment you make. Make sure it's worth it to you. I camped caperons for 2 years straight. Worked wonders for me, I upgraded guns, rings, armor, fap with MU made

Only do it if it's a codex mob you haven't maxed out the codex on yet. I think it's fun to camp a mob til codex reaches a certain level then go camp another and do the same over and over. Getting to level 10 codex is pretty easy. Try different mobs til you are at 10 codex on each you are interested in. Then decide what to do next.

every mob has different loot signatures/patterns just as every weapon seems to have unique cycle habits. imo you should hunt something where

1) markup output sustains 98% TT return hunting, consistently, and
2) you can be competitive vs. other players (DPS and looter skills)

i'd opt for markup grinding over everything else, but camping broods for example can be a miserable TT experience, whereas grinding shubs or maffoid can yield similar markup output but might higher average TT returns.

after some months/years you always get your expected value out of the game though, so shoot what's fun/profitable based on your goals.

If you are ok with getting 38 different stacks of loot that you have to TT because the stacks aren't big enough to sell for even a minor MU, then don't worry about camping mobs.

Different mobs have different loot volatilities because of HP difference. Camping a mob for a long time will bring you some predictability in long term over tt return and needed bankroll. Since loot should be the same everywhere long term (non taxed areas) it should not matter much as long as you can push trough bad loot and when you can, you should only observe the tt return, if you want to, but not make a decision based on tt return for short term on various projects you may have (codex, farming upgrade materials, skilling for a specific weapon or MU).
You type of project/goal should determine what you hunt. Chasing anything else but MU is an investment you make. Make sure it's worth it to you. I camped caperons for 2 years straight. Worked wonders for me, I upgraded guns, rings, armor, fap with MU made
Just curious was the majority of this markup from commonly looted resources with markup or from rare UL item drops? Moreover if it was UL items would you still have been profitable without those drops?

Just curious was the majority of this markup from commonly looted resources with markup or from rare UL item drops? Moreover if it was UL items would you still have been profitable without those drops?
If nothing is changed you don’t long term profit TT. On caperons my guess is that the profit was from Spleen and Large mushrooms that had good Mu and is fairly common.

Back