NTI Blitz sale of shares

TheAlchemist

Provider
It is interesting how fast the shares of NTI sold.
My estimated guess is that a couple of resellers bought the bulk of them in hopes of selling them at a profit in Q2 of 2022.
Remember that if the shares sell for 12PED, those resellers made 120% ROI on top of the income from the shares for 3 months.
Although I expect those shares to quickly rise to 20PED.

We all know and saw how this game turned from a player based game to a reseller based game over the last decade.
(And I don't mean the people that used to shout at the boxes in PA and Twin Peaks).

Maybe from the point of MA, resellers are a good thing for their bottom line, and maybe Entropia wouldn't have survived without them.
I can see the parallels with the stock prices on the stock market. "The only way is up".
In this scenario, the hunters, miners and crafters are the working class; the underbelly that drives the inflation higher and higher.
And just like the real economy, those activities are the least rewarding in economic terms. In fact they offer a negative reward in most cases.

It is striking how well Entropia simulates the same dynamics that influence the main economy in this sense.
Even the lost sense of meaning in the real world is reflected by the loss of lore in game.

People unacquainted with Entropia might find the game weird and think the players are in a kind of hypnotic trance (or gamblers or addicted).
But the same can be said about the real world. And people have spoken out, but remain largely unheard.

While I started this thread because I was salty about missing the purchase of shares, I now realize that this is the way things work. Both in-game and IRL.
Now I am more sad about the world than the game. Although I love the game whenever I started playing in 2006, I found that most of the people from then and most of the beauty if gone. Replaced by newer things, just like real life.

If I could accomplish one thing by this thread. Sharing an awareness for a moment. About this game and much more importantly about real life. Just awaken some of our minds for a moment from this slumber. I don't ask to believe me or do anything, only, for a moment have a look.

1. Rosi is 20% is you sell at 12 ped, due to the fact that 10 were paid, apart that number that can be a typo
there is a faulty proposition... that shares can only rise.... it is not commanded anywhere
and if a palyer (being him a reseller, a hunter, or a trader, miner crafter or mix) makes not difference
someone took a position a BULL position in an investment and put SOUND MONEY to back his opinion.
it is the animal spirit, it is RCE.
nothing is wrong. if those deed yield 10% per year,m they made a cleverchoice. if Yield 1% per year they
made PROBABLY a mistake.
if MA Defaults after 6 month and one day they made worst investment decision of their life......WIOTH THEIR MONEY
i worked as a professional market maker for 10 year on stock exchange... MONEY TALKS.
and yes, average Joe has no power against XYZ bank.
but if you think that at 12 is overvalued, simply do not buy it
and reseller face same problem with items. i was offered a IMK2 for 140k yesterday, i said not my price.
if he asked 80k (for that tier) i would probably buy it.... market, perception, consensus, RCE.
nothing is wrong to have a big amount of money.
today they have less....MA is the real gainer, they got 800.000 USD that can spend in supermarket in barter of
the desire to make a future profiut fromt eh purchasers (sorry INVESTOR is not the correct word).

if i need to choose who i want to be... i want to be MA and not the reseller in this trade.
he just assumed the risk of no.income paying in advance 7 months of company revenues

in a free market for 800k one should buy 15...20% of company and not some doubtful
value digital certificates of 1/50th of the world

I kinda turned a 'blind eye' to 11am today, but curiosity got me to check the forum about 30 mins later.
I'm unhappy with various developments, but kinda happy that I was not driven enough to be logged on and waiting with peds on my card raring to go and grab deeds. Welcome, OP, to a progression of thinking that has now firmly caught up - first salty but now with sadness in reflection.

If ever I open up a virtual world, my membership criteria may well be an essay on sadness. My world would attempt to first come to terms with this and then slowly build whatever is required to regain what has been lost. Some people have spoken out, yes, but it's hard, isn't it?
Anyway, thanks for the thread and your time to write it. :)

Resellers bad…. Of course no players bought these, only resellers.

How dare people speculate and invest in something.

Im only jealous because I was working a shift a McDonalds instead of making peds healing with my Fap 5 on dasp

I was trying to get 0.5% of all the shares, which in my book in not much of an investment.

Oh well, maybe next time....

Maybe put a limite per person on the initial sale next time? Like 1% maximum per avatar or even 5%? I don't know but they sold way too fast!

Resellers bad…. Of course no players bought these, only resellers.

How dare people speculate and invest in something.

Im only jealous because I was working a shift a McDonalds instead of making peds healing with my Fap 5 on dasp
Can i have an Large Mcdonald

Could it be that some people are just simply investing in a good land area? I invested $3470 into the NTI shares. I Will Sell Them One Day. Does this make me a Evil Reseller? Come on. it Sold out quick people had their PED ready to go at the Start. Why would people buy so many all at Once? Because the more you buy the more you get in returns. its simple. The more you have the more you make over time.
now We see People Going "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEsellers Boycott NTI !" Why Because you didnt get to buy shares?

StevieB On his youtube channel Goin all out With Some Conspiracy Theorys on The Subject Saying He been to Treasure Island it sucked... he said... But has many people been there in the last few days? ITS NEW Treasure Island Now.... MobSpawns Are Everywhere enough for the entire playerbase to go hunt all kinds of things BIG and small. For Noobs and UBURS. People missed out on the 10 ped opening share price. I Got News for you guys. Ancent Greece. Still Selling for 10 PED each and paid out 3 times in Nov. It Got changed to 400k Shares from 800k. Meaning it will payout more regularly. Get your hands on those before people figure it out. There are still investments available.

There was no big conspiracy. Stevie just had his pride hit a little bit, and instead of admitting that he failed to foresee the blitz, all of a sudden changed his tact and deemed the whole thing to be a scam and a bad investment all along. I'm sure if he was present to buy some he would of released a very different video. it was purely to save face I think.
I like many others saw that it was going to be a good sell. IMO I never predicted it would be 22 minutes. But I did think within 24 hours. We could tell by looking at the mass exodus from all other investments, everything else tanked working up to the release. People were liquidating hard to get peds ready. It was pretty clear what was going to happen.

There was no big conspiracy. Stevie just had his pride hit a little bit, and instead of admitting that he failed to foresee the blitz, all of a sudden changed his tact and deemed the whole thing to be a scam and a bad investment all along. I'm sure if he was present to buy some he would of released a very different video. it was purely to save face I think.
I like many others saw that it was going to be a good sell. IMO I never predicted it would be 22 minutes. But I did think within 24 hours. We could tell by looking at the mass exodus from all other investments, everything else tanked working up to the release. People were liquidating hard to get peds ready. It was pretty clear what was going to happen.
Yeah When i saw AUD drop to 90 PED per unit on the Buy orders and those being filled even CLD's i was like yeah i better be there the moment it releases. I myself Sold Everything i had totaling up to 12000 PED... But i couldnt wait and i bought 4 CLD's then ended up wrecking my credit card for the $3500 i used to buy NTI shares. But yeah its a good Buy. plain and simple. People out here spreading FUD over something that took 22 mins to sell out? come on man. hahahahahahaha Buy AG shares before its too late......

Buy AG shares before its too late......
the moment AG starts increasing in activity and deeds start to pay out more per week.. they will sell out in an instant and skyrocket in price

so an investment for the long term i am sure AG will be very good :)

It's very simple.
Quality sells. - New Treasure Island
Inferiority dont sell - The other Island

Wish I could have bought shares, but Mindark was out with the information, told everyone in good time what time the sale would take place and did everything right this time.

I see the communitys favorite Stevie is also out with some more BS salty video

Peeps - we don't know the payouts yet, so really cannot compare that part of the 'quality' argument.
I've said before that I expect about 1.5 pecs average a week (as fairly optimistic), otherwise simply 1 pec a week, which will make the initial offering worthwhile, but not hugely marked-up prices - just moderately marked up...
We shall see. 1st week may not be full week of payout but with early enthusiasm, slowly we will be able to compare better...

Mindark could have created a system that only allowed each avatar to buy one per day but they didn't so....

Fast sale of TI was inevitable and people who understood the value prepared for it accordingly.

CP has 2 mobs - need to travel there
TI has 22 mobs - one TP away on Calypso (Most populated planet)

CP price 10, now 17
TI price 10, future - most likely double

Im pretty sure it will do more than OK.

C
Fast sale of TI was inevitable and people who understood the value prepared for it accordingly.

CP has 2 mobs - need to travel there
TI has 22 mobs - one TP away on Calypso (Most populated planet)

CP price 10, now 17
TI price 10, future - most likely double

Im pretty sure it will do more than OK.
Also, CP - 4.5% of ALL the loot that drops there, NTI - 50% of the revenue

MA updated and released TI a day before the sale, so interested parties could take a look at what they were doing, and whether this may affect income from the area. A wise move from their perspective as it definitely increased interest from players/investors.
That said a lesson they could learn from this is to spread release of deeds over several days and time zones, to give a wider spread of players a chance of acquisition.

I managed to get a few, which is what I had intended, not because I was hovering over the terminal waiting, but because a chance conversation about the previous days hunting (yes I had been on TI), reminded me of the sale, and I was lucky enough to buy before they sold out 5 minutes later.
I am sure that many people, like me, bought them as a combination of investment (because the changes to TI look like they are a money spinner) and nostalgia for the heyday of TI and the fun we all had there.

They sold quicker than previous deeds for 2 reasons in my opinion, they were dirt cheap, Firstly MA probably should have priced them higher and it will be interesting to see what the price is in say 6 months time, when it has had time to settle and reflect income rather than simple re-selling. Secondly most players, especially older players have that attachment to TI and ofc it is on Calypso, so many don't feel they are investing in the unknown territory of 'other planets' and 'planet partners'.

As for the conspiracy theory of it all having been sold to resellers.. well I am sure we will see once the market opens for trading. I think we may be surprised.

C

Also, CP - 4.5% of ALL the loot that drops there, NTI - 50% of the revenue
Wait a sec... So it's only 50% of the commissions of that land area? What's the commissions?

So if the LA's revenue is actually only like a 5% tax of all loot that would mean half that (2.5%) of all the loot is divided up among 800k deeds... Were these specific numbers ever released on this data?

Seems to me like the real money to be made was in initially selling these deeds to players lol

Wait a sec... So it's only 50% of the commissions of that land area? What's the commissions?

So if the LA's revenue is actually only like a 5% tax of all loot that would mean half that (2.5%) of all the loot is divided up among 800k deeds... Were these specific numbers ever released on this data?

Seems to me like the real money to be made was in initially selling these deeds to players lol

Actually it is 50% of the Planet partner share of of activities on NTI (which is half the CLD owners share of activities on NTI)

so MA 50%
CLD owners 25%
PP 12.5%
Shares 12.5%

That's if you read it literally.
So, planet partner split up half the revenue they get from TI and you get half of that.

How big or small this part is, is going to be dependent on the turnover on TI.
For every ped a player loses, 12.5pec is going to the the shares.

so for 1 pec return, players need to lose 800.000pec*8=6.4M pec = 64.000PED
seeing that people that will hunt there are ad least mid level and have a Return of 95% on average, the cycling will need to be
64.000*20= 1.28M ped for a pec return.

at a rate of 2k cycling per player hour that is 640 player hours.
If an uber plays 40h a week, it means a total of 16 full time ubers on TI.

Which is certainly the case now.

1pec return a week means 5.2% yearly ROI. Of course if 8 weeks a year there is a Mayhem that halves the income then the yearly ROI is 4.8%.
Which is lower than CLD ROI at 3k a deed.

This makes me feel better about missing the sale because now I can see that CLD are still a better deal.

Actually it is 50% of the Planet partner share of of activities on NTI (which is half the CLD owners share of activities on NTI)

so MA 50%
CLD owners 25%
PP 12.5%
Shares 12.5%

That's if you read it literally.
This makes me feel better about missing the sale because now I can see that CLD are still a better deal.
Is this correct? It would mean you can see already by the initial numbers that CLDs profit twice as much as TI shares from any activity on TI. Somehow this seems implausible to me because anyone could see through such a design. Is there anything in an official statement (which I may have missed) about separation of income streams between TI and Calypso? If not, clarification about this point is most needed.

I read the initial offer as 50% of PP income, as they already pay 50% through CLD assumed that the remaining 50% would go to TI shares so realeasing TI from PP control/profit and only MA % remaining.

Could be 12.5% I guess, but until MA clarify the actual meaning guess we have to wait until they do.

Did i buy TI shares?... Yes a few but not enough to lose sleep over.

The proof will be in the pudding or rather paid dividends, we shal see. :)

I read the initial offer as 50% of PP income, as they already pay 50% through CLD assumed that the remaining 50% would go to TI shares so realeasing TI from PP control/profit and only MA % remaining.

Could be 12.5% I guess, but until MA clarify the actual meaning guess we have to wait until they do.

Did i buy TI shares?... Yes a few but not enough to lose sleep over.

The proof will be in the pudding or rather paid dividends, we shal see. :)

Well it is stated that PP get's 25% of calypso revenue.
50% of 25% is 12.5%

Don't worry about your TI shares, you'll be able to sell them at a profit or at least buying price next year.
Or keep them a bit. I avice selling them when the MU on sales levels off and MA stops putting incentive /focus on NTI, because that means they are getting ready to do some other sale. Prolly by end 2023.

Anyway, this is the last I'm going to say about ROI on these shares. I wanted this thread to be a mirror of what the economy of this game has become and how it reflects RL.
While very interesting, it seems to stand so far apart from the game I started playing in 2005. Much like how the American dream stands far apart from what the American economy resembles today.
But rather than blaming MA or politicians it is more fair to conclude that an ideology always has a trajectory.
And although I love the capitalistic economy in EU, the older I become, the more I realize that any materialistic/resource centered ideology is just plain wrong. Whether this center is capitalistic or communist/Marxist, it still only centers on the material side of things instead of on human values (human worth, freedom, moral,...).

Meh, Atlas shrugged.
I'll just keep on hunting and having fun.
:twocents:

Well it is stated that PP get's 25% of calypso revenue.
50% of 25% is 12.5%

Don't worry about your TI shares, you'll be able to sell them at a profit or at least buying price next year.

Lol i truly do not have enough to lose sleep over, but yes think they will do ok.

If not ah well :)

I don't know if in rl there is anywhere that you can get revenue rights from a bus stop (maybe only people getting on there revenue), but not having it clear what the percentages are should be a clear warning sign, regardless of whether or not there are regular payouts. While not completely blind, people have still bought shares without knowing even within a factor of two or more what the actual splitting of revenue will be, let alone bus stop usage.
TheAlchemist takes the interesting view that it is 12.5% (see above) based on the pp share allocation at the time of the sale. Others have argued that the term pp revenue share is a fixed constant from MA's point of view (not expressly argued, but interpreted I guess), before further splitting. The result of this would be the pp now has 0% of pp revenue share (of NTI), having sold off 2x 50% as far as NTI is concerned. The deed/shareholders would thus have 25% revenue share, ignoring as always that our calcs are still a bit simplified, as there is presumably a bit of planet-born and affiliation programme splitting up to be done as well.

Anyway, the OP basically wanted to highlight something else, which has indeed gone largely uncommented. I'm mostly with you on that part! The world today = morally :broke:? Seems like a fitting icon, seeing a relationship between broke and broken... ;) (except we are maybe one but not the other...)

Back