Enhancers mafia :D

Status
But because everyone can click one, there is a higher supply which typically exceeds demand, even though tier 1-2 are the most commonly used enhancers. The price of the t10 enhancers shouldn't be dictated by the price of the t1 but it is. And as you said some of the components are harder to come by and those have their own values. At each level enhancer there are multiple different market forces at play, how many are needed by players, how large a supply of the socket pieces there are, and whether you can click them efficiently. So theoretically each enhancer should realistically have its own MU like the AH shows, but they are all lumped together into 1 price because they all have the same TT value to click even though other market forces would make the higher level ones more valuable. Right or wrong it is what it is. I can't change that, I don't plan to change that. When prices go back to something I can click and not lose money I will resume making them. Until then I will just continue to rent my BP's to people who want to make their own or skill.
by your logic it is safe to assume then that the tier 10 enhancers actualy dictate all other enhancer prices, as theres less supply of them vs the others... So they should be "cheaper"... Not the other way around, because as Duncis stated, they all cost the same to make.

Feels like we are discovering fire here...

by your logic it is safe to assume then that the tier 10 enhancers actualy dictate all other enhancer prices, as theres less supply of them vs the others... So they should be "cheaper"... Not the other way around, because as Duncis stated, they all cost the same to make.

Feels like we are discovering fire here...
Not necessarily. there is less demand for them but it is growing. It also takes more skill to click them (I can't make yet). And because there is less demand it means people don't click as much, so fewer qr 100 bps or people with sub-optimal qr bps, higher cost to click, which means to break even will result in a higher minimum price.

LMFAO i was completely full of shit about argus pvp but holy hell you should see the amount of people flocking there just to waste money. XD

LMFAO i was completely full of shit about argus pvp but holy hell you should see the amount of people flocking there just to waste money. XD
Yeah, imagine people who have 7 claims that they are never pulling out :p

mythbusters

So why were you just there then?

imagine going into pvp and not using big amps for 6h claims :)

imagine going into pvp and not using big amps for 6h claims :)
Imagine someone just ordered lots of food and has 6 hours of watching tv shows and killing his favourite miner :p

index.php

So why were you just there then?
le data

it seems like pyrite is a flat drop rate across all 4 caly pvp zones. not seeing any edge to mining for it anywhere special. like it was scattered i guess? haven't tested arkadia.

i guess the good news is we're not going to see a small group of people controlling supply anymore

Sokolade is a smart entrepreneur; he's not going to buy fresh ingredients and craft the enhancers if it will end up costing more than what people are selling them for on the auction. I have done the exact same thing with defense enhancers, as well as some crafted armor parts or armor plates. If someone is selling full tt parts of Aquila on auction for 115%, I buy it. Or if someone is selling pegasus parts for 120%, I say 'thank you sir' and hit that 'buy' button. I'm not an idiot and I can do math. Same goes for duncis/Soko.

Don't assume the worst from other people, it's not a good look.

Sokolade is a smart entrepreneur; he's not going to buy fresh ingredients and craft the enhancers if it will end up costing more than what people are selling them for on the auction. I have done the exact same thing with defense enhancers, as well as some crafted armor parts or armor plates. If someone is selling full tt parts of Aquila on auction for 115%, I buy it. Or if someone is selling pegasus parts for 120%, I say 'thank you sir' and hit that 'buy' button. I'm not an idiot and I can do math. Same goes for duncis/Soko.

Thanks and I agree with what you said.
Btw I am not the enhancer mafia OP is talking about, found that out from him earlier. But it doesn't change anything.

Thanks and I agree with what you said.
Btw I am not the enhancer mafia OP is talking about, found that out from him earlier. But it doesn't change anything.
You look like Mafia to me :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

All those known crafters have 100 QR bps and the cost will be under the auction even if they just buy auc pyrite, but when for 1 month you manage to buy most of pyrite that is mined in game you start controlling the rates and thats what they did.

Msturlese gave was super close to real rates.

100% Pyrite = 142% enhancers
150% Pyrite = 213% enhancers
200% pyrite = 284% enhancers

Last edited:
I like how the most biased viewpoints toward pvp and lootable pvp are from people who I have not seen once in any lootable or non lootable zone. Maybe attempt some of these things before you try to say certain things should not exist solely because you do not agree with it.

Also here is a fun fact for you, when pyrite spawned mostly at ashi, which is a non lootable zone as most of you USSR members know, enhancers were 400%+

Fun fact #2, by removing pyrite from lootable, this opens the door for mining bots to acquire yet another lucrative resource at zero risk, Im sure there is quite a few people who know who I am referring to.
I just sail around on a surfboard and shoot people, zero interest in dropping bombs. Ironic thing about non lootable is that people seem to get even angrier about dying there than in a lootable zone. Makes it more entertaining though.

All those known crafters have 100 QR bps and the cost will be under the auction even if they just buy auc pyrite, but when for 1 month you manage to buy most of pyrite that is mined in game you start controlling the rates and thats what they did.

Msturlese gave was super close to real rates.

Nope, that's where you are wrong.

When the price for a certain ingredient starts going up, it takes some time for the crafted product mu to follow and adjust to it. Depending on the demand and turnover of that product, the price can take a couple days to adjust, a couple of weeks, and sometimes longer.

Soko has an enhancer shop that sells thousands of enhancers every week, I can totally see how he can save a bit of money buy buying it from auction sellers who haven't 'adjusted' their prices yet to the new reality of how much it costs to make.

On Defense enhancers, this was a lot worse; I saw prices on auction that were way below actual cost to make when Fire Root pellet sky rocketed above 400% about a year ago. I stopped making them and started buying my Defense enhancers from auction even though my BPs have pretty good QR on them.

People need to learn how to do the math, it's the only way for sure to be successful in Entropia.

I can totally see how he can save a bit of money buy buying it from auction sellers who haven't 'adjusted' their prices yet to the new reality of how much it costs to make.
Whose reality? This is an adjusting of reality when crafters buy from auction just because they know prices will get higher. Isn't this what's making prices go higher? Aren't crafters who buy from auction not adjusted to the reality and try to adjust the reality according to their views? Is this not a sort of market manipulation? Crafters are going through a lot of stuff, they stock too much at times and mats get cheaper or stock too little and loose customers because they did not have at one time some product... still, as a crafter, stocking up from auction on enhancers while you also craft them, just doesn't feel right. You drive prices up guaranteed and all hunters have to pay for this stocking of the crafters.... I believe it's wrong.

Soko is a friend, I'm only debating Legend's idea....

Whose reality? This is an adjusting of reality when crafters buy from auction just because they know prices will get higher. Isn't this what's making prices go higher? Aren't crafters who buy from auction not adjusted to the reality and try to adjust the reality according to their views? Is this not a sort of market manipulation? Crafters are going through a lot of stuff, they stock too much at times and mats get cheaper or stock too little and loose customers because they did not have at one time some product... still, as a crafter, stocking up from auction on enhancers while you also craft them, just doesn't feel right. You drive prices up guaranteed and all hunters have to pay for this stocking of the crafters.... I believe it's wrong.

Soko is a friend, I'm only debating Legend's idea....

That's about the most idiotic notion I've ever heard... It's called arbitrage Evey, it's a thing, it exists in real life and in every single MMO I've ever played since the early 2000s..

When covid came after 3 months I wanted to buy FFP2 for 20-30 cents like I used to for my employees(we used them regularly for some work we do) , but unfotunately I had to buy for 2-3 euros a piece because of market. First countries with covid were buying up all stocks of other countries that had no idea whats coming.

Same applies to EU. If market is going up and you buy cheap supplies of others its nothing personal towards those players, you were just faster and invested more time to adjust to the situation.

That's about the most idiotic notion I've ever heard... It's called arbitrage Evey, it's a thing, it exists in real life and in every single MMO I've ever played since the early 2000s..
You are a reseller, you buy cheap from AH and sell expensive in your shop. There's nothing wrong there, but because to you it's fine to keep the price up as a reseller is not quite the same as keeping and driving the price up as a crafter I think. If to you it's ok to buy, because no BO, something at 102% then ask 145% for it, it's quite different in crafting. Soem big crafters call it community service, others just do it because they can. But slowly you're getting to a point where you dictate the price and can even ask 200% just because you've bought everything from AH and people have you as the only option.. At that point, you're no different than community's favorite opal reseller even if for you it's entrepreneurship ... it's a a matter of perspective in the end.

I don’t think Legends is doing anything wrong. You must also take into account the market forces at play.
Take for example Armor defence 1s. Nobody that clicks them is making profit, guarantee it, even with 100QR prints.
Why do they do it? Because the daily terminal tells them too, hence we have a large oversupply.
When I operated my shop for the short time I did, I crafted my own enhancers, but bought the Defence 1s from auction, because it was cheaper to buy then to waste fire root not clicking something else. I put them on my shelf purely to fill the gap, I didn’t care if they sold or not honestly.

The hipocrisy levels in this thread are beginning to escalate to unbearable levels…

sigh.

Pp
The hipocrisy levels in this thread are beginning to escalate to unbearable levels…

sigh.
Man lets see how far we can push it.

Everyone with an excel (or a piece of paper and a phone) does know what are the INPUT in a Blue print and what is the Output
in the case of enhancers it is pretty simple....pyrite represents the largest part of price.
apart an equilibrium, that i expect to find again in the 150% area (it is just letting time to miners to map again)
we will have a more distributed miners profit.... not anymore a handful of ppl will control a zone and ambush excavating miner.

that said, yes, a crafter can purchase from AH because knows that at actual offered price the formula command higher enhancer price

in that very moment he is not procuring materials, he simply exploit an arbitrage channel, just like a reseller

BUT it is worse if in the same moment he drains supply.
because if he drain supply, insert orders in AH at 190% and artificially corners prices letting seller that there is a scarce supply,
force hunters to refill tier slots, command OTHER crafters to pay 200 and sells the items he putchased before at higher price.....
he is manipulating the market.

In Real life it is called PUMP AND DUMP and is a criminal offence
this is a game with real money and can do it without any consequences
apart some random insult from other players, that will buy from them again tomorrow.

Last edited:
You are a reseller, you buy cheap from AH and sell expensive in your shop. There's nothing wrong there, but because to you it's fine to keep the price up as a reseller is not quite the same as keeping and driving the price up as a crafter I think. If to you it's ok to buy, because no BO, something at 102% then ask 145% for it, it's quite different in crafting. Soem big crafters call it community service, others just do it because they can. But slowly you're getting to a point where you dictate the price and can even ask 200% just because you've bought everything from AH and people have you as the only option.. At that point, you're no different than community's favorite opal reseller even if for you it's entrepreneurship ... it's a a matter of perspective in the end.

yawn...

My haters have been throwing that derogatory term in my face for years now... Yet I'm still here, playing the game I love, growing, expanding and most importantly: making money.

Entropia is the only game where some bad actors in the game have managed to get the whole community to use this derogatory term "reseller" instead of 'trader' which has this derisive connotation toward the player that is being accused of it; at this point, calling another Entropia player a "reseller" is akin to calling them a scumbag. So this is what you are resorting to Evey? Name-calling? Geez, what a waste of time this is ... Nevertheless, for the few people that are reading this and waiting to see how I respond, allow me to take apart this last post of yours line by line:

"You are a reseller, you buy cheap from AH and sell expensive in your shop."
Truth is, you are generalizing here; you are taking just 1 thing that I do and implying that's ALL I do. This is misleading, misinforms (intentionally) readers to thinking that all I do is grab cheap stuff from auction and mark it up in my shops which is far from being the whole picture. First of all, if you'd bothered to go do your homework before making hurtful accusations like that, you would have noticed that more than half the stuff in my shops is crafted Armors and plates. A short list, as a way of illustration would be for example: Perseus, Mk. 5B and Mk. 6B, Aquila, Lich, Firewall, Infiltrator, Pegasus, Cetus, all of the AP plates from AP-24 to AP-66, Pulsar plates, etc ... I acquired all of these blueprints at great cost and spent the time and money to skill to the point where I could use them. The fact of the matter is that my Armor business relies more on Crafted items now then it does on looted items. Yes I do offer a number of highly sought-after looted armors, like for example Angel, Shadow, Supremacy and Sentinel, but it's not the majority, it's an ever diminishing percentage of the whole business.

So, as I said before, it's pretty clear here you are trying to cherry-pick the one small part of my business that forwards your view and your narrative and are willfully omitting the rest. Very unfair of you to do that.

Secondly, not all of the looted items come from auction, actually some of the more desirable items have come from high level hunters who sold it to me at a price we both agreed to, just like you and I did when the Serpent Scales first came out and I bought a set from you directly. And I do try to pay as much as I feel safe to pay when I do that, I think the fact that you sold those plates to me is proof of that, if there had been a higher bidder at the time, I'm sure you would have sold to them instead of me. Do you remember the price I paid? I do. I gave you +50 per plate, now was that a fair deal or not? I think it was very generous.

"There's nothing wrong there, but because to you it's fine to keep the price up as a reseller is not quite the same as keeping and driving the price up as a crafter I think."
I prefer the term 'Trader', I think it's more accurate and there's really no need to shame people that have shops and try to build a theme around them and have some looted stuff on offer there to match the theme of their shops, no need to shame those people. There is no way I could possibly loot all of this stuff by myself, even with all of my soc helping me, that's just impossible, so I don't really have a choice here (there's probably only 3-5 Vain harness drops per year, as a way of example). And like I said, I try to be fair and pay hunters as much as I feel it's safe to do; I give them more then half of the final retail markup, sometimes like in the case of Mayhem armor parts, the majority of the final retail markup.

"If to you it's ok to buy, because no BO, something at 102% then ask 145% for it, it's quite different in crafting."
Exaggeration... There is no scenario where that's even remotely possible. The stuff that I might be able to win for 102% would be Polaris, female Martial, maybe some Jag and Tiger, but that's about it. Polaris barely fetches me 2% profit, which is a total waste of my item points, Jag, Tiger and female Martial sells around 110%, not more. Please stop implying that I'm screwing people, that's not at all what I'm doing. I provide convenience for a small fee, usually between 2 and 10% premium for my time. I spend anywhere from 5-15 hours a week browsing the auction and looking for this stuff in trade channels or asking hunters so that professional hunters don't have to, god forbid I should ask for anything in exchange for my time and efforts.

"Soem big crafters call it community service, others just do it because they can. But slowly you're getting to a point where you dictate the price and can even ask 200% just because you've bought everything from AH and people have you as the only option.. At that point, you're no different than community's favorite opal reseller even if for you it's entrepreneurship ... it's a a matter of perspective in the end."
Is that what I'm doing? Is that what @duncis is doing? I merely jumped in because I thought Sokolade was being dragged in the streets and painted as one of those horrible, nasty (god forbid) RESELLER!!!!

Nah, fine, so OP was talking about someone else, I have no idea who, and frankly, I don't care, I think the whole thing is ridiculous. Except Opals and Redulite, I feel that's a legitimate issue but I'm pretty sure that has been addressed by MA, for the time being.

Final thoughts:
I feel that this whole name calling thing (calling players resellers) that goes on towards people in Entropia that chose to Trade is one that needs to be pointed out for what it is: a blatant attempt to shame successful traders in Entropia, which is a totally legit activity. And shaming successful players is nothing new and is not isolated to traders. I recall a thread some time ago that was aggressively attempting to publicly shame @Hijacker27 for hosting Hussk events. The OP was making all kinds of claims that hijacker was screwing participants and doing it only for his own profit. Just call it out for what it is (I did) and move on.

Before that, there was another thread that was claiming that @Konvicted was 'cheating' and kill-stealing in the Cave on CP and the OP even implied that his Hive tutorial thread was just a front to hide supposed 'real' intentions to scam others...

All of this is really wrongheaded and counter-productive because the truth is every single participant in Entropia is important, without other participants, your loot is worth nothing, your assets (deeds, shares, shops, LAs, etc..) won't generate any more revenue, and your precious gear, will be worth nothing. When people come on here and shame other players for trying to help or for being successful in Entropia, they just put a bad taste in people's mouth and people leave or play less.

It needs to be called out for what it is, it's just haters hating. In my mind the only appropriate response is to defend the one being attacked if you feel you can, short of that, go post something positive in another thread or create your own positive thread to counter the negative one.

And still, after all this, if you insist on calling me a reseller, fine, it's your right and I'll respect it, but at least have the decency to DEFINE what the term means to you, because just about any person you ask has a slightly different take on what a reseller is. Some even go so far as to claim that a reseller is anyone who buys something with the intent to resell it at a higher price. If that's the case, then we are ALL resellers since pretty much everyone who ever buys anything is also hoping the item will appreciate in value while they own it. Even way back when I bought my first shop I was already a reseller because @morey sold me a bunch of inventory at a very nice bulk discount, which of course I sold in the shop for more then I paid. So define your terms. I'll tell you what I think is meant when someone says the word reseller:

Someone that abuses the inherent rarity of items for which there is a demand as a mechanism for personal profit, example, price manipulation.

Do I do that? No. Never. I never hoard anything, I never buy all of the available supply of something in order to drive prices higher, I don't do that, never have. So when you come on here Evey and call me a reseller, some of the readers assume that this is what you mean, that I manipulate prices or abuse existing scarcities for my own profit. So if you are going to insist on calling me that, at least have the decency to define what the term means to you.

I'm going to stop here cause that's quite the wall of text at this point, but I believe it's all on topic.

Legends

Last edited:
Only way to fight market manipulation is to release pyrite everywhere, same like happened to opal.

Also withdraw inability could be helpful to a few avatars.

yawn...

My haters have been throwing that derogatory term in my face for years now... Yet I'm still here, playing the game I love, growing, expanding and most importantly: making money.

Entropia is the only game where some bad actors in the game have managed to get the whole community to use this derogatory term "reseller" instead of 'trader' which has this derisive connotation toward the player that is being accused of it; at this point, calling another Entropia player a "reseller" is akin to calling them a scumbag. So this is what you are resorting to Evey? Name-calling? Geez, what a waste of time this is ... Nevertheless, for the few people that are reading this and waiting to see how I respond, allow me to take apart this last post of yours line by line:

"You are a reseller, you buy cheap from AH and sell expensive in your shop."
Truth is, you are generalizing here; you are taking just 1 thing that I do and implying that's ALL I do. This is misleading, misinforms (intentionally) readers to thinking that all I do is grab cheap stuff from auction and mark it up in my shops which is far from being the whole picture. First of all, if you'd bothered to go do your homework before making hurtful accusations like that, you would have noticed that more than half the stuff in my shops is crafted Armors and plates. A short list, as a way of illustration would be for example: Perseus, Mk. 5B and Mk. 6B, Aquila, Lich, Firewall, Infiltrator, Pegasus, Cetus, all of the AP plates from AP-24 to AP-66, Pulsar plates, etc ... I acquired all of these blueprints at great cost and spent the time and money to skill to the point where I could use them. The fact of the matter is that my Armor business relies more on Crafted items now then it does on looted items. Yes I do offer a number of highly sought-after looted armors, like for example Angel, Shadow, Supremacy and Sentinel, but it's not the majority, it's an ever diminishing percentage of the whole business.

So, as I said before, it's pretty clear here you are trying to cherry-pick the one small part of my business that forwards your view and your narrative and are willfully omitting the rest. Very unfair of you to do that.

Secondly, not all of the looted items come from auction, actually some of the more desirable items have come from high level hunters who sold it to me at a price we both agreed to, just like you and I did when the Serpent Scales first came out and I bought a set from you directly. And I do try to pay as much as I feel safe to pay when I do that, I think the fact that you sold those plates to me is proof of that, if there had been a higher bidder at the time, I'm sure you would have sold to them instead of me. Do you remember the price I paid? I do. I gave you +50 per plate, now was that a fair deal or not? I think it was very generous.

"There's nothing wrong there, but because to you it's fine to keep the price up as a reseller is not quite the same as keeping and driving the price up as a crafter I think."
I prefer the term 'Trader', I think it's more accurate and there's really no need to shame people that have shops and try to build a theme around them and have some looted stuff on offer there to match the theme of their shops, no need to shame those people. There is no way I could possibly loot all of this stuff by myself, even with all of my soc helping me, that's just impossible, so I don't really have a choice here (there's probably only 3-5 Vain harness drops per year, as a way of example). And like I said, I try to be fair and pay hunters as much as I feel it's safe to do; I give them more then half of the final retail markup, sometimes like in the case of Mayhem armor parts, the majority of the final retail markup.

"If to you it's ok to buy, because no BO, something at 102% then ask 145% for it, it's quite different in crafting."
Exaggeration... There is no scenario where that's even remotely possible. The stuff that I might be able to win for 102% would be Polaris, female Martial, maybe some Jag and Tiger, but that's about it. Polaris barely fetches me 2% profit, which is a total waste of my item points, Jag, Tiger and female Martial sells around 110%, not more. Please stop implying that I'm screwing people, that's not at all what I'm doing. I provide convenience for a small fee, usually between 2 and 10% premium for my time. I spend anywhere from 5-15 hours a week browsing the auction and looking for this stuff in trade channels or asking hunters so that professional hunters don't have to, god forbid I should ask for anything in exchange for my time and efforts.

"Soem big crafters call it community service, others just do it because they can. But slowly you're getting to a point where you dictate the price and can even ask 200% just because you've bought everything from AH and people have you as the only option.. At that point, you're no different than community's favorite opal reseller even if for you it's entrepreneurship ... it's a a matter of perspective in the end."
Is that what I'm doing? Is that what @duncis is doing? I merely jumped in because I thought Sokolade was being dragged in the streets and painted as one of those horrible, nasty (god forbid) RESELLER!!!!

Nah, fine, so OP was talking about someone else, I have no idea who, and frankly, I don't care, I think the whole thing is ridiculous. Except Opals and Redulite, I feel that's a legitimate issue but I'm pretty sure that has been addressed by MA, for the time being.

Final thoughts:
I feel that this whole name calling thing (calling players resellers) that goes on towards people in Entropia that chose to Trade is one that needs to be pointed out for what it is: a blatant attempt to shame successful traders in Entropia, which is a totally legit activity. And shaming successful players is nothing new and is not isolated to traders. I recall a thread some time ago that was aggressively attempting to publicly shame @Hijacker27 for hosting Hussk events. The OP was making all kinds of claims that hijacker was screwing participants and doing it only for his own profit. Just call it out for what it is (I did) and move on.

Before that, there was another thread that was claiming that @Konvicted was 'cheating' and kill-stealing in the Cave on CP and the OP even implied that his Hive tutorial thread was just a front to hide supposed 'real' intentions to scam others...

All of this is really wrongheaded and counter-productive because the truth is every single participant in Entropia is important, without other participants, your loot is worth nothing, your assets (deeds, shares, shops, LAs, etc..) won't generate any more revenue, and your precious gear, will be worth nothing. When people come on here and shame other players for trying to help or for being successful in Entropia, they just put a bad taste in people's mouth and people leave or play less.

It needs to be called out for what it is, it's just haters hating. In my mind the only appropriate response is to defend the one being attacked if you feel you can, short of that, go post something positive in another thread or create your own positive thread to counter the negative one.

And still, after all this, if you insist on calling me a reseller, fine, it's your right and I'll respect it, but at least have the decency to DEFINE what the term means to you, because just about any person you ask has a slightly different take on what a reseller is. Some even go so far as to claim that a reseller is anyone who buys something with the intent to resell it at a higher price. If that's the case, then we are ALL resellers since pretty much everyone who ever buys anything is also hoping the item will appreciate in value while they own it. Even way back when I bought my first shop I was already a reseller because @morey sold me a bunch of inventory at a very nice bulk discount, which of course I sold in the shop for more then I paid. So define your terms. I'll tell you what I think is meant when someone says the word reseller:

Someone that abuses the inherent rarity of items for which there is a demand as a mechanism for personal profit, example, price manipulation.

Do I do that? No. Never. I never hoard anything, I never buy all of the available supply of something in order to drive prices higher, I don't do that, never have. So when you come on here Evey and call me a reseller, some of the readers assume that this is what you mean, that I manipulate prices or abuse existing scarcities for my own profit. So if you are going to insist on calling me that, at least have the decency to define what the term means to you.

I'm going to stop here cause that's quite the wall of text at this point, but I believe it's all on topic.

Legends
Wall Of Text crits for 946167806532578 OMGWTFBBQ damage.

; )

Status
Back