News: MindArk Signs Deal for Unreal Engine 5 - PRNewswire

day/night cycle has no meaning also.
in Ryzom there are night creatures and dayliught creatures
so despite less enjoyable the panoramas there is some benefit
here night is just a useless version of the day.
i hope that EU5 increases the night light and renders in some "moonlight" the panorama.
some zones have also in some hours of the day non-sense light effect, just to show some difference.
ah... what about an extender on the floor of shops? it is 1 meter high and 30 cm large... come on.....

skys do look like crap in game currently. They did look a lot better many years ago. Then someone started thinking it'd be a good idea to put physical cloud layers in so when you are flying around you bump in to these darn clouds as you try to get in to space... they just look like crap. Toulan once looked nice as did Rocktropia but then we started seeing these stupid sky cloud boxes and then they showed up on Calypso too..

kQMffn8-jfYEfFcA_lCDMSoCPDdtzpXR6kRw3WV1MNFL65zfY93PPGGgQjQGPe_IsTctROJLbCFQLbGmh_KPQgxOgBfLpq1O7-k8tti59n1ypX94p1TpGR7GmU5U3CfzSc9GL-7ew9k=w2400

so much prettier in the old day as in the above panorama before they cluttered up the sky.
When bumping into one of these clouds, does that prevent you from going further up? Would be absurd if that's the case because then you would have to move away from the cloud to find a clear spot in the sky.

When bumping into one of these clouds, does that prevent you from going further up? Would be absurd if that's the case because then you would have to move away from the cloud to find a clear spot in the sky.
yep. it's just a box in the sky. See them mostly on Toulan, Cyrene, and Rocktropia but I think there are a few in other planets too. You can avoid them easily but it's still stupid that they are there.

yep. it's just a box in the sky. See them mostly on Toulan, Cyrene, and Rocktropia but I think there are a few in other planets too. You can avoid them easily but it's still stupid that they are there.
That's silly. What happens when you hit one? Do you get some sort of warning message? Otherwise you wouldn't at first know what's going on.
I mean cloud boxes in the sky is silly, not what you said ;)

Last edited:
EU on Mac?
This is one of those "oh it's so easy, just do it" requests every tech company gets, where the requestor simply doesn't understand the hurrdle.

Android vs Apple phone apps, fairly easy(ish) due to agreed upon libraries for both systems, smart phones being pretty new, tech-wise. Not much to change.

Windows vs Apple desktop programs? WAY different story.
Windows, Apple, Linix, Android, etc. each new format requires a 60-100% increase in dev team employees.
And sorry, but I'm not up on paying that much of an MA employee increase.

This is one of those "oh it's so easy, just do it" requests every tech company gets, where the requestor simply doesn't understand the hurrdle.

Android vs Apple phone apps, fairly easy(ish) due to agreed upon libraries for both systems, smart phones being pretty new, tech-wise. Not much to change.

Windows vs Apple desktop programs? WAY different story.
Windows, Apple, Linix, Android, etc. each new format requires a 60-100% increase in dev team employees.
And sorry, but I'm not up on paying that much of an MA employee increase.
You don't want others to enjoy and play the game? Having a greater player base and people to buy and sell from? Damn that's messed up XD. UE5 makes it a lot easier to develop on multiple platforms at once. Also m1 macs even easier since you can run any iPad or iPhone app on m1 macs.

Is it really only the third graphics engine update in the 20 years of the game? I started playing in 2015 about 7 years ago and there has been 3 graphic engine updates since I started playing. Hard to believe that the game went 15 years without a graphic engine update... :D,
EU has always looked good, but it is interesting being here during a time where everything just starts looking better and more intricate every year....

I also can't believe that When I first read this I only read that you were going to be re making the game in UE5, but that EU partnered with Epic Games also.

I think there is a lot of Promise moving forward.

I would give comments of productivity, efforts, and progress... But TBH, there is a lot of room for improvement and a lot of room for reconciliation.

Replace a wrong with a right only to be sure to put a different wrong somewhere else to balance things out. It kind of just makes the whole thing look a little over the head so to say to speak. But what else is new...
I am just glad we are not in that nearly 2 year period back before 2018 when "everyone and everything" was just quiet, dark, unproductive and the support team pretty much disappeared. :p

You don't want others to enjoy and play the game? Having a greater player base and people to buy and sell from? Damn that's messed up XD.
I'm not an expert, but pretty sure the untapped "Apple-only person that would play EU" market isn't big enough to justify.
But what do I know, it's not my call, it's theirs.

I'm not an expert, but pretty sure the untapped "Apple-only person that would play EU" market isn't big enough to justify.
But what do I know, it's not my call, it's theirs.
I mean...you think there isn't little rich college kids or people who only use Mac devices that wouldn't find this game interesting?

I mean...you think there isn't little rich college kids or people who only use Mac devices that wouldn't find this game interesting?
Most people I know that surely have the money would never waste it on a Mac, because they do not need to show their wealth.
Most people I know that hav e a Mac only have it because it is "stylish" and shows that you are wealthy and can afford it (most of them can't)
Most people I know that do not need to show there wealth got it because they did not waste their money on status or symbols of wealth.

I may not know the right people, but one thing I learned in life is, if you buy something for the right price without overpaying, it will last you the longest. Something cheap one will buy 4 times over, something expensive will be a waste and break down fast.

Investing in Chromebooks might be the right decision :D

As some play EU using Linux it works. As Mac is somewhat related to Linux (Apple usually adds stuff to break compatibility), it may also work there (can't tell, though).

Assuming that UE comes with more quality than CryEngine and there other games out there using UE I'm pretty much convinced that we will be able to play using Linux via Wine/Lutris/PlayOnLinux/...

Well, here's the lil catch-22 about folks playing the game asking for new platforms...

They're already getting your money, boo-boo.

Look, I'm not saying it can't help them, I'm just saying they clearly feel like a single-platform is enough for them to be getting on with. And I can see the pros of that argument.

They aren't going to implement compatibility for mac if it isn't already in UE5, its a waste of their time and money. Plus, if you can afford an apple product, you should really just buy an actual pc or laptop instead.

Well, here's the lil catch-22 about folks playing the game asking for new platforms...

They're already getting your money, boo-boo.

Look, I'm not saying it can't help them, I'm just saying they clearly feel like a single-platform is enough for them to be getting on with. And I can see the pros of that argument.
"boo-boo" Idc if their getting my money XD there's no catch-22. The fact is people with macs might want to also play Entropia.
Most people I know that surely have the money would never waste it on a Mac, because they do not need to show their wealth.
Most people I know that hav e a Mac only have it because it is "stylish" and shows that you are wealthy and can afford it (most of them can't)
Most people I know that do not need to show there wealth got it because they did not waste their money on status or symbols of wealth.

I may not know the right people, but one thing I learned in life is, if you buy something for the right price without overpaying, it will last you the longest. Something cheap one will buy 4 times over, something expensive will be a waste and break down fast.

Investing in Chromebooks might be the right decision :D
I love when people are inherently wrong just because they think they are right about everything XD
I bought my first macbook pro in 2009. Sold it in 2020 and IT STILL WORKED. Might have been able to do what it could back in the day, but I threw an SSD in it and it lasted me another half a decade and the new owner still uses it. I think getting 13 years out of a product is really good.

Elementary/Primary Schools don't buy chromebooks because they last. They buy them because they get heavily subsidized and they are cheap lol.

I do suppose you know better though as you said "most people" would never ever buy a product that can last them a decade.

Shit even my last iPhone lasted for 6 years and I STILL use it as an ipod lmao.

Cool, you like Apple products. Noted.
Moving on...
Also have an intel laptop, intel desktop and amd desktop. I enjoy technology and I'm not some elitist about it is what I'm saying.

The point is that people like what they like, and some people who prefer apple over intel/amd would like playing Entropia.

"boo-boo" Idc if their getting my money XD there's no catch-22. The fact is people with macs might want to also play Entropia.

I love when people are inherently wrong just because they think they are right about everything XD
I bought my first macbook pro in 2009. Sold it in 2020 and IT STILL WORKED. Might have been able to do what it could back in the day, but I threw an SSD in it and it lasted me another half a decade and the new owner still uses it. I think getting 13 years out of a product is really good.

Elementary/Primary Schools don't buy chromebooks because they last. They buy them because they get heavily subsidized and they are cheap lol.

I do suppose you know better though as you said "most people" would never ever buy a product that can last them a decade.

Shit even my last iPhone lasted for 6 years and I STILL use it as an ipod lmao.
You are right. Hire 20 devs to adjust game for 2 potential Mac users.

Does anyone think that EU will get listed on Epic Games store once UE5 EU is ready for launch?

I am just curious? I mean it would help a lot I think getting a lot more new players and investment. Maybe it would also help MA become a better company. Maybe they will get offers to be bought out and get taken over?

Just my opinion anyway lol :)

Does anyone think that EU will get listed on Epic Games store once UE5 EU is ready for launch?

I am just curious? I mean it would help a lot I think getting a lot more new players and investment. Maybe it would also help MA become a better company. Maybe they will get offers to be bought out and get taken over?

Just my opinion anyway lol :)
I think Entropia will get on Epic Game Store.

The Epic Games Store currently boasts more than 160 million PC gamers. The console market, with over 143 million current-generation consoles sold to date, along with the worldwide mobile market of 2.2 billion gamers represent vast new market segments that can potentially be tapped via Unreal Engine 5.

Bit of a departure from Unreal capabilities videos. Looking back CE1 still image compilation. Certainly for forest stuff, it really was and still is an engine capable of beautiful things

Bit of a departure from Unreal capabilities videos. Looking back CE1 still image compilation. Certainly for forest stuff, it really was and still is an engine capable of beautiful things

An engine is just an engine, yes some have different capabilities than others, but it truly comes down to the people working on the engine. If they don't have the knowledge, passion and drive to make something beautiful, than they won't.

Very euphoric. Looks better than EU's implementation of CE2. Having said that my graphics card isn't the best...

Do we already have a poll of what graphic card the average EU player have? I have a nvidia 670. It is very very old. I have been meaning to upgrade it to the rtx 30 series, but you all know we got a chip shortage and with the many crypto miners out there. I don't think the prices and supplies will return to normal in a year or 2. Hopefully by the time MA implements UE5 nvidia will be at the 31 or 32 series and will have more supplies.
I really hope MA also have taken a similar poll and is taking the average EU player's graphic card into consideration when they decide to change engines. I have a feeling that most EU players don't really keep their graphic cards upgraded and most of us really just care about the game economy being better balanced. I also agree about doing something about the useless items ingame. Also the empty areas of the game that no one goes to or uses.

Do we already have a poll of what graphic card the average EU player have? I have a nvidia 670. It is very very old. I have been meaning to upgrade it to the rtx 30 series, but you all know we got a chip shortage and with the many crypto miners out there. I don't think the prices and supplies will return to normal in a year or 2. Hopefully by the time MA implements UE5 nvidia will be at the 31 or 32 series and will have more supplies.
I really hope MA also have taken a similar poll and is taking the average EU player's graphic card into consideration when they decide to change engines. I have a feeling that most EU players don't really keep their graphic cards upgraded and most of us really just care about the game economy being better balanced. I also agree about doing something about the useless items ingame. Also the empty areas of the game that no one goes to or uses.
Some very good points raised here on graphics cards. I've seen many vids featuring CE1 for instance, that look sharper or that seem to have a higher definition than what I'm experiencing with CE2 in-game, never mind vids on UE5. It must be because they were captured on systems with high-end graphics cards and so is not representative of what most would experience. I still think that the graphics are very good compared with some other mmo's, but there's still always a mismatch between what most see in EU and what you see on YT or elsewhere.

Very euphoric. Looks better than EU's implementation of CE2. Having said that my graphics card isn't the best...
You only needed an 8800. Top of the range at the time but well there have been er... around 13 entire generations since? and I suspect onboard graphics have likely surpassed that one a long time ago.

Pretty insane what it's capable of. I'd love MA to give us a decent release of info. Maby a trailer of some familiar content shown off to convey their progress.

Pretty wicked what can be done on this platform. I guess by the time there is Unreal 6 MA will complete the transformation to Unreal 5. Can't wait (for another 2-3 years)...Exccccitiiiing!

Back