News: MindArk Signs Deal for Unreal Engine 5 - PRNewswire

Pretty wicked what can be done on this platform. I guess by the time there is Unreal 6 MA will complete the transformation to Unreal 5. Can't wait (for another 2-3 years)...Exccccitiiiing!
Upgrading to a newer release is easier than changing to another product.

Upgrading to a newer release is easier than changing to another product.
How about fixing the current issues related to the gameplay/economy before upgrading or changing...rhetorical question.

How about fixing the current issues related to the gameplay/economy before upgrading or changing...rhetorical question.
Thats exactly what they do. CE2 MA version seems to be a p.i.t.a to work with, it's limited and create problem and issues all the time.

Are you going to be mention specific issues or are you just being whiney for no apparent reason...rhetorical question.

Are you going to be mention specific issues or are you just being whiney for no apparent reason...rhetorical question.

I agree lol - MA needed to change engine. It is only people who will struggle to afford a new PC or upgrades to their current PC that will be the ones complaining about it.

I mean seriously. We cant have a game still using such an outdated engine for 10/20/30 more years. They had to upgrade it at some point and I am glad they finally are, but in all honesty they should have done this deal a few years ago. The engine is already years passed its best by date.......

So yeah all the people that are unhappy need to get a grip and be happy because it is going to be AMAZING.......... The new graphics is going to be truly breathtaking - Also the influx of new players etc and especially if the game gets listed on the Epic Games store, that alone will bring droves of new players to the game. Yeah it will bring a lot of bad eggs too, but on the whole it will be a good thing........

I mean yeah MA need to make sure there is no Economy breaking bugs or issues/exploits before they roll it out too but no amount of testing can find all of the issues and bugs/exploits that might occur once it is finally released. I am taking the approach now of investing in deeds etc and gear and my skills for the future when UE5 launches too. And everyone should probably try and do the same too lol

So lets all just wait and be happy and amazed when it does finally launch when ever that might be even if it is years into the future. That gives plenty of time for those players to get new PC's so they can play the game......

Rob :)

So you're replying to a rhetorical question anyway. Splendid...jolly good.

I agree lol - MA needed to change engine. It is only people who will struggle to afford a new PC or upgrades to their current PC that will be the ones complaining about it.

I mean seriously. We cant have a game still using such an outdated engine for 10/20/30 more years. They had to upgrade it at some point and I am glad they finally are, but in all honesty they should have done this deal a few years ago. The engine is already years passed its best by date.......

So yeah all the people that are unhappy need to get a grip and be happy because it is going to be AMAZING.......... The new graphics is going to be truly breathtaking - Also the influx of new players etc and especially if the game gets listed on the Epic Games store, that alone will bring droves of new players to the game. Yeah it will bring a lot of bad eggs too, but on the whole it will be a good thing........

I mean yeah MA need to make sure there is no Economy breaking bugs or issues/exploits before they roll it out too but no amount of testing can find all of the issues and bugs/exploits that might occur once it is finally released. I am taking the approach now of investing in deeds etc and gear and my skills for the future when UE5 launches too. And everyone should probably try and do the same too lol

So lets all just wait and be happy and amazed when it does finally launch when ever that might be even if it is years into the future. That gives plenty of time for those players to get new PC's so they can play the game......

Rob :)
I admire your optimism. :)(y)

I was wondering what happens to abandoned planets like Rocktropia or Arkadia? Who adjusts those to new engine? Mindark?

Or will those just be buggy af after update?

I.

I was wondering what happens to abandoned planets like Rocktropia or Arkadia? Who adjusts those to new engine? Mindark?

Or will those just be buggy af after update?

I.

Arkadia devs are back....... They recently told me on discord that they will be migrating all assets over to UE5 and you had nothing to worry about in that causing any delays etc.

As for RT - I also thought the same but I think if RT devs do not come back in time, MA will buy the 50% shares from ND and take control of the planet. And then MA will need to hire more extra devs to take on the RT assets etc. No idea how they will manage to do that, unless MA had access to RT's servers etc.......

But to be fair I was concerned it would cause delays but now I heard Ark devs are back, I am not to worried about RT causing issues now either. A lot must be being done behind the scenes that obviously they are keeping secret. But the fact Ark devs are back shows me that everything will be fine.......

One more thing, Ark devs released a YouTube video a few days ago and they basically said that new content IS COMING SOON too! So watch this space.......

As for RT - I also thought the same but I think if RT devs do not come back in time, MA will buy the 50% shares from ND and take control of the planet. And then MA will need to hire more extra devs to take on the RT assets etc. No idea how they will manage to do that, unless MA had access to RT's servers etc.......

Good for Arcadia.

As for "buying RT back". MA business model is selling revenue forward to keep liquidity going, not buying it back. So I wouldnt bet on that. If anything, I would say we are about to see "RT shares" if deal with ND to finance development is struck and no RT in new engine if not.

I.

Wanted to give you all an update that some more information regarding UE5 will come in the first devblog that is going to be released soon

Delayed, because UE5 migration was outsourced to Ukrainian coders?
Slava Ukraini!

Last edited:
Arkadia devs are back....... They recently told me on discord that they will be migrating all assets over to UE5 and you had nothing to worry about in that causing any delays etc.

But to be fair I was concerned it would cause delays but now I heard Ark devs are back, I am not to worried about RT causing issues now either. A lot must be being done behind the scenes that obviously they are keeping secret. But the fact Ark devs are back shows me that everything will be fine.......

One more thing, Ark devs released a YouTube video a few days ago and they basically said that new content IS COMING SOON too! So watch this space.......
link?

I suspect whatever happens with Untropia there will always be a delay for PP dev to start as they kinda need MA to create something to develop against before it is worth them going too far (note doesn't have to be everything but there will be a minimum required). Sure they might be able to prep some graphical assets to a point but there will definitely be a stopping point on such an activity where you can only go so far before you are stuck waiting to know what properties need to be set etc.

Just a question, how much money we need to pay for this amazing update how come in few year? Evry time when i open this game i losse money, is enough to open not to play. Sry for my bad english, gl with that update i hope someting change with them.

Which year?
XD this one.

In other stuff.... looking forward to MA doing away with instant teleport to space transitions - should only take them an hour to implement something a little more smooth ;) ;) ;)

Outsource to China, they will have it done in 6 months for half the cost or less.

I can just imagine if MA outsourced their next news update to China. Ever read a Chinese data sheet? XD

Back