Info: New Unreal Engine 5 Devblog

Status
Interplanetary jumpgates

So I guess mothership, privateer and other warp owners will get REKT? :)
I think it reffers to not needing a warp drive anymore which advantages the ones with L ones and the normal quad users.

That they are using systemic design is what suprised me the most from this news article. It will be a very different approach, but I think it could work well for EU. Finding out what combinations of items / actions etc work or not, a systemic designed world is perfect for that, if the systems are well balanced.

One of the problems of "well-balanced" at the moment is the very low probability of hitting certain goodies in loot. You cannot learn by doing which haystack the needle spawns in if it means trying out dozens of haystacks for 10k mobs or whatever, or if you can't bankroll a certain mob hp to even try it out 1k times.
Will guilds/socs or forums/wikis publicise/share infos, or will info itself be even more in lockdown in the new 'exploration is a fundamental part' game?

Just quick remind about this kinds promises when they upgrade from gamebyro to cryengine 2..

in 2010... VU 10.0 what mess ....

And another red flag to remind... how many times mindark implement poorly or forget at all about others promises
I keep with my think ,,, UE5 dont going fix anything , even with "shit ton hopium" to massive influx new players , economy that is core of this game not going anywhere without major overhaul , they said above they going do... However without details just sound empty words to me , just more mindark promises? i take with truck of salt and no faith

That they are using systemic design is what suprised me the most from this news article. It will be a very different approach, but I think it could work well for EU. Finding out what combinations of items / actions etc work or not, a systemic designed world is perfect for that, if the systems are well balanced.
I didn't do much more than watch a few videos about UE5, but it seems it's hard NOT to make something good with it.

I remember in 2004 when there was talk of creating space travel. Everyone made disparaging remarks; there were bugs and fixes.
I remember when Amethera/Treasure Island opened. Everyone made disparaging remarks; there were bugs and fixes.
I remember when CND (FOMA) opened. Everyone made disparaging remarks; there were bugs and fixes.
I remember when Cyrengine 2 was released. Everyone made disparaging remarks; there were bugs and fixes.
I remember when Arkadia opened. Everyone made disparaging remarks; there were bugs and fixes.
I remember when RockTropia opened. Everyone made disparaging remarks; there were bugs and fixes.
I remember when Cyrene, Next Island, Ancient Greece, Toulan, Monria, and Ark Moon opened. Everyone made disparaging remarks; there were bugs and fixes.

... Point is, all I ever hear is people talking negatively about EU and the expansions, sometimes warranted due to bugs or delays, but since the game opened 19 years ago there has been constant progression and eventually MA delivers. There will be bugs. Sometimes it takes longer than expected. But the change since the beginning till now has been dramatically positive.

sorry to sound pessimistic, but haven't we had this repeat time after time for the past 20 years, all the promises all the goods to come all the woohoo's and end result is always the same bull, cheaters exploiters winning everyone else getting shafted, half the crap doesn't get implemented, investors left waiting years upon years for anything to even happen.

Regards
Tees

reading the "contract" in the dev blog it seems same as "Quest" so players can create a task with a reward
that could be interesting for LA owners.

the real interesting part would be a "Hard coded RENTAL system... i get an item for X minutes/day/hours/ weeks" and at the end of rental period the item is AUTOMATICALLY RETURNED to the lender, being SOULBOUND while in possess of the borrower.

Free negotiations in hte "rental window" as per upfront payment ... that would help all people that "collect" items to obtain a fee and allow borrowers to "TRY " or "use" an item without the need for any collateral, being the return of item assured by engine.

There's really no reason for any crypto or NFT in EU, unless MA wants to relinquish monetary control of their game, assets and marketplace, which they don't and can't... like it or not, Entropia is just a game. A game meant to be played, enjoyed, and profitable for the developer(s).
Our bright is very future

user revenue from interaction with user created content.
This is what I always wanted to see in EU!!!
If they do this with UE5 then the switch will be so worth it.
Now I'm excited for UE5. Time to save up to upgrade my GPU. Well maybe not just yet since this UE5 will probably take a few more years lol. Hopefully the GPU market will normalize by then.
But I really think user created content will be a huge game changer and will breath a new life into this game.
I really want to see new user created vehicles, clothes, buildings, furniture, etc. Maybe weapons skin?!

yeah did think that - hopefully its just an improvement on the warp gate system, removing/harming that part of the game would piss off some of the biggest spenders, i hope they aren't that stupid and actually make solid improvements to space.

Maybe I'm just dreaming in technicolor but what I'd really like to see at some point is the possibility of linking 2 Land Plots; for example a Land Plot you own on Calypso and a Land Plot you own on Arkadia, and open a jumpgate between them for people to use (at a cost of course).

Another thing I'd like to see is docking stations at Settlements. If a Mothership or Privateer is dropping players off at Caly for example, these people should get dropped off at a settlement, not in space. Have the Mothership "land" at a random settlement to let people off.

A link and the first entry of the UE5 Devblog can now be found here:

In order to keep discussions in one place, I'll lock this thread now :locked:

Status
Back