Display resolution help

dave2019

Hatchling
I have just downloaded EU after being away for a few years and for some reason my screen resolution (Windowed and full screen) is stuck at 1280x720, I have a drop down to increate this but the apply or checkbox does not seem to do anything when I click it.

I have deleted my settings-ce.cfg and in options in the launcher I have select default but it seems to be stuck, my current desktop resolution is 3840x2160, anyone know any other way to force the game to display in a decent resolution and with 1280x720 it is way to clustered with icons and chat windows etc.

My laptop spec is

• Intel Core i9 12th Gen. Processor
  • 17.3 in Screen Size , 3840 x 2160
  • 32 GB RAM , 2000 GB SSD
  • NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070Ti 8GB GPU
  • Windows 11
  • 4K Ultra HD Display
so I am unsure what's happening, I have been trying for a week to fix this but nothing I do seems to help

Have you tried "Verify local data" button in client loader? or re-installing EU ?

I have used verify local data and I have just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and same issue, the game shows all the resolutions but the apply button does nothing, I have used this same Laptop when I used to play and I could get much higher res, 1 thing I noticed when I uninstalled I deleted the remains of the folder and all files I could find but when I reinstalled my username was still in the login screen and the ingame options I had selected before and keybindings were still present, so it seems uninstall does not fully remove the game.

I think I need to find all the hidden files the game has installed and maybe remove those.

Do you have the actual drivers from Nvidia for your graphics card installed? Not the Windows update drivers the system will try to use.
that would be my 1st spot to check.

I'm surprised more technically minded people haven't posted on this thread

- Open in-game options
- Advanced Graphics, make sure advanced resolution mode is enabled.

What happens when you put the resolution on "auto"?

I'm surprised more technically minded people haven't posted on this thread

Sometimes it is hard to identify a tech issue unless you are next to the person and can guide them through the various possibilities. The following might be worth a try for the OP.

It could be that the correct graphics drivers for the monitor need to be correctly recognized. www.nvidia.com. If you've 'blown up' a previous card, which does not seem to be the issue, I'd suspect an overheating issue, for which you would need to be sure you have enough cooling in your tower and check your PSU to make sure it's giving the correct power to the graphics card.

Other possible options are: Try reducing video hardware acceleration by doing the following. 1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution. 2. Click Advanced Settings, click the Troubleshoot tab, and then click Change settings. Note that some video card drivers do not permit you to change settings. 3. Move the Hardware acceleration slider toward None to reduce or turn off video hardware acceleration. Note If the display works fine with video acceleration turned down, it may indicate that you have to update your video driver or it may indicate that your display adapter cannot run at full acceleration.

Hope this helps and might be worth a try.

Try this:

Create a backup copy of your settings-ce.cfg
Write-protect your backup (be fool proof for your own safety)

1) Open settings-ce.cfg
2) Find the following lines [my settings (4K resolution), insert your resolution values]:

r_Height = 2160
r_HeightWin = 2132

r_Width = 3840
r_WidthWin = 3834

r_Fullscreen = 1
r_WindowedFullscreen = 1

3) Save the file with your new values before closing the settings-ce.cfg file!
4) Now write-protect your settings-ce.cfg file
5) Launch Client Loader and log in
6) Ingame in this order go to
Options > Graphics Advanced > Advanced Resolution Mode [ yes ]
Apply
Options > Graphics > Fullscreen Resolution > Auto
Options > Graphics > Fullscreen > [ yes ]
Apply > OK

It is quite possible, that Step 6) has to be made once as your first step.
Sorry, i dont remember.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I tried them all and none worked however I have found the issue so will update incase anyone else has the issue.

It was my windows desktop settings (Display settings > Scale) this was set to 300% so no matter what I changed in EU it would not update the resolution so to fix I updated Scale from 300% to 100% and not I can freely set the resolution ingame, thank you so much for all the people who took the time to help out this is most appreciated :)

Back