Search results

1. J

Suggestion: BP and cleanup revamp (Craft 2.0)

i agree on some points. there are too many dead ends in crafting. and RT crafting needs a BIG overhaul to bring it up to snuff. i don't have a huge problem with the current ore/enmatter situation except in so far as some are absolutely essential while some others are cube food.
  2. J

Handling abandoned in-game items

i do prefer them to focus more on the new than picking through a haystack looking for the needle of old stuff.
  3. J

It can be difficult to measure that kind of inactivity. Some people (so it is said) just log in every few months to keep the account fresh, but otherwise the properties sit empty. I don't know if this is true. It may be more like what you said: they are sitting in the hands of MA/PP already...
  4. J

as a matter of rules and law i would be surprised if MA didn't actually "own" everything. i'm not really sure what would be the best solution. one idea i can think of is for MA to effectively take them into receivership or "regency". all items go into the owning avatar's storage. then the...
  5. J

First off, let me just make clear this is not one of those "hey I hope we can get valuable things for free" posts. The game has a long history. As evidenced by the TWEN event. Players have come, and some have gone. Some have passed away, and their heirs either don't know or don't care about...
  6. J

To Armor Up or Not to Armor Up

i will usually take pieces off if i'm fighting weaker things. my rule of thumb is "if nothing is getting through, i'm wearing too much". regen is free healing i'm wasting if i'm taking no damage at all. so i may take off the mask or the gloves or something until i start taking a little...
  7. J

News: NEW UI: A CLOSER LOOK

paying people for honest feedback can be a tricky business. people may be less likely to be critical because they value their special treatment (and financial incentive) and are afraid that being critical might result in the loss of their status. can easily just end up with low-rent yes men
  8. J

News: NEW UI: A CLOSER LOOK

I like the new ui. however. you might consider that some people are not going to be happy with change. if it's not TOO difficult, it's probably a good idea to allow users to toggle between these ui styles.
  9. J

Cannot login on account

i worked with support friday morning to help them troubleshoot it. somehow their cert was generated with an expired intermediate cert, which honestly doesn't make any sense, but the solution was to generate a new cert from their provider. based on the ssl checker results this morning it...
  10. J

MNDRK shares in Mindark

If this is true, they (and anyone who understands how this works) must realize this is a one-time revaluation. The ongoing impact is not zero, but it is nothing compared to this one-time readjustment. It can't be indicative of a new trend pattern, in other words. It's a single peak that...
  11. J

News: Introducing TWEN Token

and typically it is very difficult to get people to pay above-market rates for something UNLESS they believe the conditions of the future support a long term value appreciation. however for most gear the opposite is true.
  12. J

I don't think tokens will go low enough to justify people buying the vendor out unless MA comes out and says explicitly: "The TWEN event is over, no new items or vendors will be coming." At the current prices the overwhelming number of players I suspect are stacking them and hoping for MA to...
  13. J

MNDRK shares in Mindark

Wait, reporting a profit 55% higher than expected? And EU "usage" is up 27%? What could have caused THAT? That actually reflects the opposite of what my gut tells me from recent play, numbers of players seem to be down. Maybe they're just in places I'm not?
  14. J

MNDRK shares in Mindark

Merry Mayhem ->
  15. J

FYI: How Evade / Dodge Works

really? so 3 total minutes of aggro, basically? odd that it would be a timer like that rather than some tt value of skill gained.
  16. J

FYI: How Evade / Dodge Works

Do we know approximately how much defense skill can be gained from a mob? I remember hearing that people used to do these death runs for free skills against big mobs but then MA changed them to only have a certain budget for skills before they stopped giving skill rewards, so you'd have to...
  17. J

i would bet there's already enough tokens in the game to buy what remains on the vendor with quite a bit to spare. and most of the items that remain would only be a decent buy if token values dropped to around 1-2pec. not counting any ped cost at vendor!
  18. J

Info: Merlin's Planet Ratings

yes i would say the biggest outliers in terms of theme are going to be RT, Ancient Greece in NI, and maybe Monria. But on the other hand, sometimes what you really want is a change of pace, and a swap in theme can do that. I would love to have a late 90's cyberpunk planet that was as close to...
  19. J

MindArk should take control of Entropia economy

MA is already taking steps to reduce the premium of these rare items by gradually increasing the supply of them in a way that won't make the current owners livid. But if they make UL guns too common, it collapses the Limited market. Unless they want to completely reimagine how weapons are...
  20. J

Info: Merlin's Planet Ratings

Here's my basic impressions of the planets as they stand as of Feb 2024. I rate them by 2 main criteria. Bankroll-Friendliness and Themepark-Quality. These will be BR and TQ. Calypso BR: B+. Caly has two major things going for it here. One is the easy of access to the auction and...
  21. J

Unreal update please...

I often hear people talking about depositing into the game in terms of "investing in...." it's a basic reality of investing that confidence in a product, or the market, leads to investment. therefore taking steps to increase confidence, will result in greater investment.
  22. J

Unreal update please...

I think the frequency and pattern of MA's communication (or, mainly, the lack thereof) makes it impossible to predict anything either way. They will promise something 5-10 years ago and say nothing of it ever again, or they may promise something 5-10 years ago, say nothing of it, everyone...
  23. J

How long to kill everything?

good point. on a side note. i have never understood why so many creatures get into an unreachable state. even when wandering out in the open, a creature will just be randomly unreachable. sometimes the old "get up in its face and grind" works. sometimes nothing works. it's annoying.
  24. J

How long to kill everything?

Loot? ;)
  25. J

Why doesn't Mindark advertise when it is essentially free to do so?

biggest value of having a mentor is in the knowledge transfer but yes, there's no guarantee they'd finish mentoring. i think the way to solve that would be to have a universal mentorship bar for the mentor that fills whenever ANY of his mentors make progress towards mentorship. that way the...
Back