Search results

1. Flapman

Planet Postmoderna Phase 1

Thanks for encouragement K-Max, The bonuses (long-term) will come as part of activity and supporting the game. We have several ways to reward people that are loyal and spread the word to bring in potential new players. In the Kickstarter project though it is based on the levels people...
  2. Flapman

Very true on all accounts Sirhc. Here is a screenshot of a recent victory for the game development world on Kickstarter. So, yes, the concept of crowd funding and donations does work. Of course, it is important to remember you also get something in return for a pledge. In most cases it is a...
  3. Flapman

Hi Magyar, That is a legitimate question. I assure you though, this will definitely NOT be a clone of Calypso or any other planet. The dynamics, the storyline, the quests, everything will be different. The challenge I have at this point is that I can't reveal too much. I am at a...
  4. Flapman

Hi Ruslan, Thanks for your comments and no, I did not take it wrong. :) I appreciate all comments--both good and bad. 'Gets us all thinking. You are correct about this being a huge undertaking. I am up for the challenge though and that is why I have stayed with this for the last, now...
  5. Flapman

Hi Futurama, Yes, you are correct. This is why we are going full-forward with efforts on funding. That is where all the current efforts are. Stay tuned and thanks for your support. --A
  6. Flapman

FYI: Planet Postmoderna Phase I

Hi Rick. Have you even looked at the website? In case you have not: www.planet-postmoderna.com Don't look for bells and whistles. Just read content. Right now we are in fundraising mode. We already have everything else that you mentioned. Incidentally, the team will do the work since...
  7. Flapman

Good and bad, thanks for watching the project. Regardless of any sources for "lack of confidence" or "doomsayers," we are going to keep at this and one way or another, Planet Postmoderna will be a reality. For those of you that read the blog and actually do your research before you post as...
  8. Flapman

Well, I can say that appreciate your input but wonder if they are constructive points or that you are just looking for things to pick on. :) No offense. Yes, perhaps some sentances are long but is that really a problem? Buzzwords, a real problem? Are they? This is an indie since we started...
  9. Flapman

MIND, Please contact me via PM or email via the website. You can share with me your experience and what you have done in the past. Right now we have a solid team but I am always willing to talk to others whom have a lot of game development experience. Currently, I am looking for people...
  10. Flapman

Hi Kete, We can talk more offline if you like but a lot of concept is in the gallery on the website. Did you take a look at that? Other than that, all the current efforts have been put on fundraising. Once our goals are reached a lot more more will be put out. One challenge I have is...
  11. Flapman

Hello Cerberus and Crest IV, I appreciate your comments but perhaps you would like to elaborate for the community about what you think is "insane rubbish" to the "clueless" person whom wrote it, which incidentally is me. This way, I can address your concerns and questions and possible provide...
  12. Flapman

Hi GS, Thanks for the comments. But, actually you are incorrect on a few points. I have put my own money into this from day one. Team members and myself have additionally, contributed time. The similarities with Cryrene are purely coincidence. I have been working on this for years...
  13. Flapman

So true and thanks. It i important to follow one's dreams and to never give up. I plan to : A) Make this happen no matter what. B) Create a story that people can experience (as I had wanted to back in the early 80s) C) Create Jobs in the Media and Game Arts Industry here in Colorado' D) Show...
  14. Flapman

Just so you know, our goal is to bring in new players, not canibalize the existing player base. Although I know that can happen, our goals are different and along the lines of what Mindark originally requested of us. A
  15. Flapman

Thanks Butch for comments. I especially like the part about people thinking about what they are going to say first for 10 seconds. :) Needless to say, you are correct. If I had a family to ask for money from I would have. :D A
  16. Flapman

A player created planet?

Actually I would not go that far Skywalker :) Hey there George, I would not say this project (Planet Postmoderna) is going nowhere. :) Have you been following what we have been doing? Plus our project is a lot more than just about money. It's about the people. Best, Flap
  17. Flapman

Creative Kingdom & Thai Government Collaborate on Landmark Cyber City in Entropia Universe

About the Crystals Hiya George, Actually, I can shed some light on that. The purple crystals are from a story I wrote back in the early 80s called the Advent. It was never published but more art and short stories followed. The crystals are alive and are the energy generators of the native...
  18. Flapman

Thanks for the rep and comment Dragon Moon. I love that "enthusiasm" quote. I have it on my...

Thanks for the rep and comment Dragon Moon. I love that "enthusiasm" quote. I have it on my office cork-board. It came from a fortune cookie of all things. :)
  19. Flapman

Entropia Universe Planets

Thanks for your support and comments Razor. Yes we do have a lot of people that help just say they are part of the project. There is a lot more to us than just trying to build a new world for Entropia. Flap
  20. Flapman

Entropia Universe Planets

Hello Ateush, I have to ask. How do you see Postmoderna a joke? You do understand it is an indie project right? No we are not a planet partner yet but yes we are working toward that. Do you know how indie projects work? Do you know how projects get funded eventually? Do you know what is...
  21. Flapman

Where to find the Entropia Universe Planet Development Kit software?

Thanks for the plug narfi Thanks for the plug narfi, Every little bit helps. Flap
  22. Flapman

A community built planet.

Thanks all for indirectly supporting our project Hiya all, Thanks for indirectly supporting our project. Now I don't quite get the post-apocolopsia slant but no matter. :) If you want to follow us just join our Facebook Fan Group and LinkedIn Group as well as follow our blog. Best, Flap
  23. Flapman

Known Issues Version Update 10.0 - Update 1

I get the same error on 2 computers I found that this fixed it for me: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
  24. Flapman

Creative Kingdom & Thai Government Collaborate on Landmark Cyber City in Entropia Universe

It is a fun project by the way and I am glad you like the idea of what we are doing. I would be lying however, if I did not say that it is very difficult. Still, the experience it the best part of it all.
  25. Flapman

Next Island Registration replies

Hiya, don't forget too that anyone that registers via the postmoderna link should also register at the forums. You can find those via the confirmation email and at forum.planet-postmoderna.com. :)