Search results

1. J

How would you feel ?

Expressing a lack of surprise is likely to be a thinly veiled insult quite a lot of the time, unless it's a sentence such as: I'm not surprised she won, as she's the better player. It can still be 100% legit nevertheless - I often express lack of surprise myself just to note my position on...
  2. J

Ancient Greece Shares

Maintenance maintaining this again as there was another 1 pec paid out. Activity on the ground (or rather on the waters of Daudville) has looked up again, so if it holds, we will at least see regular 1 pec payouts on the 100k shares that have sold so far. I guess that means the pp gets the rest...
  3. J

How would you feel ?

Hi Cirrus, you are bound to also get residents of upside down world amongst the players, as that is apparently what they identify with and agree with. I thank you for providing these examples of support answers by xxx. They do not surprise me. Sometimes there are cultural differences between...
  4. J

Suggestion: Bring back TP-runs!

Nice idea to reactivate this activity and a possible way to implement the handling.
  5. J

Discussion with MindArk about the current direction of Entropia Universe

My very first question is whether they used cryengine lighting... Tongue-in-cheek tip: watch at 2x speed to get the impression that the interview is moving at a somewhat normal speed. What a load of waffle. Still, thank you for improving stuff slowly slowly slowly.
  6. J

Ancient Greece Shares

I may as well use maintenance to maintain this: it was another payout week of 1 pec! This shows it IS possible to have week on week payouts, but I'm still not convinced. Activity appears to be slightly down. Please get drop tables and rates sorted already, for crying out loud - and get MA to...
  7. J

What do you think about David Simmonds answers about EU being a gambling game?

Hiya, thanks for the link. Actually I do know about this art - and there is even a special type of roulette that can be found where the house openly challenges such players. They have an impregnated cloth with which they can wipe the surface of the wheel and affect the slowing down of the ball...
  8. J

Info: The bug fix wish list

Can a bug fix wish list get old? Reactivated after 4 years?... not that I have checked which bugs we still have from 2016 and before... but c'mon.
  9. J

What do you think about David Simmonds answers about EU being a gambling game?

You have to cycle that value though, you can't simply withdraw it again. It thus goes through the machine of either hunting or mining and there you have your long-term payout stats, at least as far as tt (pre-mu) is concerned. Biggest lol in a while, however, goes to the statement by GxB that...
  10. J

Server Downtime for Maintenance

As there should be no more no looters, that's a clear sign that sync has been lost. If this is going to happen more regularly again to peeps, it would help to know if there is a workaround that saves your own avatar from the void... such as maybe being able to use a tp - or getting MA to...
  11. J

well, grats on that then. NI devs had written there was a building fix planned too, and when I saw there was a patch involved I got a little hopeful, but I guess we know where the priorities lie as far as the platform provider goes...
  12. J

oh ffs if buildings on NI are still buggered. I was finally stupid enough to invest in something the software does in game (shop on NI)- and not just owning deeds/shares - so does that make me one of the invested idiots from now on? Oh, wait a minute, I've had some land plots for years too, but...
  13. J

Loot Wave Theory?

There are plenty of stories from loot 1.0 times that if a rare crafting mat is withheld from crafting until a time of low turnover, that people can craft, rush out into the field and regather it over a few loot waves while people are busy sleeping or whatever. Whether this can be called...
  14. J

Ancient Greece Shares

Ok, another pec paid out = 10 pecs total. Bad news: that's 10 pecs in 6 months - good news: the payout before this one was only 2 weeks ago. Conclusion: we are no longer in abject failure territory, but given the higher rate of action on NI/AG in the last two weeks, it may also not be...
  15. J

Mindark, make us happy NOW!

As the thread is about what would make us happy, I can follow up that interesting request by mastermesh. I've just bought a shop that needs 'work doing on it' (cough: the structure is invisible and only 20 out of 100 slots are active - yet it was put on auction by dev team just after the vu that...
  16. J

Live Stream Auction all welcome

Great idea! If you were to hold it on an MS it could be like an AH at the End of the Universe, with elements of ceremony, or sellers waiting in line somewhere ready for their entrances or held on the top leisure deck and the next seller tps up. It could be combined with warps as in the boss...
  17. J

Ancient Greece Shares

Bit of a mixed report today... As many may know by now, there is an interplanetary boss event fairly regularly with Bonnie these days, and the NI/AG devs consented to be available for a large spawn of various beasties. Yesterday's event was pretty spectacular, I have to say, both in terms of how...
  18. J

Ancient Greece Shares

I sometimes wonder whether they actually plan in improvements so slowly so that it seems to be upwards travel and keeps more people suckered than if they did it all at once when the concept had already been agreed. We do now have mats such as tanzanite again now after a long disappearance, so...
  19. J

Release is Taking Longer than Expected

downloaded but still in maintenance mode... they are still feeding the hamsters I guess
  20. J

Release is Taking Longer than Expected

wow - 58 people waiting and viewing this - maybe a new statistic for number of active players? ;)
  21. J

Ancient Greece Shares

Well, not really, at least not perfected, as nobody appears to be managing that. Maybe the update will once again increase drop rates, but we are currently at the stage where one hard-working person got over 20 gorgon parts in about 4 hours, but only 1 improved daud fang. In other news, yes...
  22. J

Removal of Iron Challenges

Ok, let me try and understand/compare your example. My calculation is that the linear progression reward is 0.5% of turnover for group 1, or 25 peds for 5000 peds turnover. Linearly, to get 2750 ped tt bonus skill group 1 I'd expect a turnover of 550k peds and a tt loss of maybe hopefully...
  23. J

I don't mind MA not telling us the maths of something we can work out. What I don't like is MA making the system 'less good' the more work you put in, or requiring us to travel a fair way along a path before we can do the maths. By all means have one-off rewards for killing a set number of mobs...
  24. J

The things I dislike about the change to codex are that the repeatables cost progressively more and more for the same return, and that MA didn't tell us this when they introduced it. This resulted in me being rather pissed off and stopping my progress on one mob there and then, as I don't like...
  25. J

Help: What do i need for my Next Island visit?

Answering today's question in super-old thread: You no longer need time crystals - just the cave as a point to pass between any tp on AG and any other tp on NI.