Search results

1. T

Please allow PDFs

Probability Density Functions are actually quite a bit safer than Probability Mass Functions, the latter of which can be quite sharp!
  2. T

Player ignores me for asking for 5 ped discount

I can understand why some players dislike receiving such offers. The problem is that this proposal would also discourage many offers which are welcome. Personally, I prefer to receive offers on my expiring auction items (and I can always set privacy settings when I don't), and find it...
  3. T

Which culture-independent criteria do you use to draw the line between haggling and being a greedy sod? Ackerman Bargaining for example, defined in former professional FBI hostage negotiator Christopher Voss's book Never Split the Difference, prescribes an approach to haggling in which the...
  4. T

Entropia Bear Market 🐻

Holy cow bear! The bear symbol in the thread title appears in the page's URL! I must be new to this Internet thing.
  5. T

Question: How much is a good hunting % return for you ?

I'd say about 105% would make me interested in the profession.
  6. T

Stop mutilating selling threads after it sale

Somehow my suspicion is that those eager to demonize other forum users for reducing their market impact in this manner are the same folks who treat the identification of market impact as a sufficient condition for establishing market manipulation on the auction. :laugh: I don't have a super...
  7. T

No payment, no response

Sorry to hear you're having trouble... But also... Subscribing for the scavenger hunts :wtg:
  8. T

What if PED was a cryptocurrency?

I'm skeptical in the short term. There are currently far more people using fiat than crypto, yet the crypto market is orders of magnitude more saturated with its NFT games than the fiat RCE market. Why jump from a larger pond with few fish into a smaller pond with lots of fish? Moreover, the...
  9. T

Selling: SOLD - S.I. Flamethrower

TT + 85
  10. T

Selling: SOLD - S.I. Flamethrower

tea tizzle plus seventy ta da fizzle (TT + 75)
  11. T

BIG Industries - GrindHouse - 26 Mobs, 15 LA's, 3 Planets - Arkadia, Calypso & Cyrene

*FREE* BIG Industries OLA#42 North (290,587) Highest Single Loot Event | 7/3/2022 This event generated 12 globals from 10+ hunters for a total of 1170 PED. Congratulations to the winners! 1) alex portugal sara - 233 2) Markus Graviator Smith - 112 3) Ozureogami Fourvoyed Lottery - 122
  12. T

BIG Industries - GrindHouse - 26 Mobs, 15 LA's, 3 Planets - Arkadia, Calypso & Cyrene

*FREE* BIG Industries OLA#49 (192,466) E of Saba Camp Highest Single Loot Event | 7/3/2022 This event generated 16 globals from 10+ hunters for a total of 1716 PED. Congratulations to the winners! 1) stelios SsteLiosS ntapsos - 235 2) Vontang Kwanyi Kwan - 191 3) Cedrick Lem Wales - 163
  13. T

*FREE* BIG Industries OLA#42 West (290,587) Most Loot Event | 7/3/2022 This event generated 6 globals from 9 hunters for a total of 534 PED. Congratulations to the winners! 1) Korben Multipass Dallas - 180 2) Book Dad LBB - 114 3) Olav Olaven Spire - 94
  14. T

Some players are just perpetually on edge, as if everyone in EU is their arch nemesis. I once had someone immediately ignore me because I typo'd an offer (said 100% VS 101% for Mehchi Crystal; it was like 101.5% on auction) instead of engaging in the small amount of communication effort needed...
  15. T

News: Planet Calypso Content Release 2022.0.1

I don't think anyone's frustration here is accurately characterized as concern that nothing new will pop up in place of what has been removed. It is rather that every time something is removed or replaced or dramatically altered, the trajectory of the player experience becomes less and less a...
  16. T

Question: Thoughts on auction scamming

Hard pass on this one. If you forced me to choose, I would rather live in a world in which every last player attempts this psychology against me every day, and the burden falls squarely on me to develop protective habits, than a world in which it is acceptable for MindArk to yeet players from...
  17. T

News: I've created an Instagram focusing on the development in Unreal Engine 5

I think I would rather them replicate the hills and just use them more creatively. Like certain mobs can scale hills more quickly than others, certain mobs are smarter than other when it comes to finding a quicker path up the hill, etc.
  18. T

News: I've created an Instagram focusing on the development in Unreal Engine 5

Instagram seems to be in temper tantrum mode now. Can't view anything without creating an account as of a couple days ago.
  19. T

Question: Thoughts on auction scamming

I fear this would result in undesired chilling effects and scare some legitimate sellers away from listing uncommon items of contentious value. I would prefer to see an Advanced Settings page on the auction where one could program rules such as "only show me the 10 cheapest search results" or...
  20. T

*FREE* BIG Industries OLA#42 North (290,587) Highest Single Loot Event | 5/8/2022 This event generated 7 globals from ____ hunters for a total of 796 PED. Congratulations to the winners! 1) Markus Graviator Smith - 390 2) Fizz Butcher Wizz - 74 3) Franky Franky Baumann - 62
  21. T

*FREE* BIG Industries OLA#49 (192,466) E of Saba Camp Highest Single Loot Event | 5/8/2022 This event generated 24 globals from 10+ hunters for a total of 11593 PED. Congratulations to the winners! 1) ciontu SKELETON ciontu - 9196 2) Cissi TigeRPaw-C Red-cat - 190 3) Sara Girlyn Sunshine - 182
  22. T

Suggestion: Mechanism to stop macros / bots in Instances (Mayhem)

Implemented broadly across the board, this might be a bit too burdensome to impose on ordinary gameplay. However, it might be the start of an interesting idea. Here is my proposal: Remove the rule against kill stealing. If Player A has put a few shots into a non-Shared-Loot mob and Player B...
  23. T

Is 'botting' responsible for the rapid item price increase

Perhaps I would be if I wasn't a crafter, but I still have a modicum of hope that my comments on descriptive economic questions such as this would be driven by something more truth-oriented than the maximization of social outrage toward the group of players I disliked. For the record, I'm not...
  24. T

Is 'botting' responsible for the rapid item price increase

I think the impact of botting on prices, while perhaps not negligible, constitutes a modest piece of a much larger puzzle. Supply seems to be a much more important factor than demand in this context, because MindArk has direct control over it. It is nearly costless for MindArk to gradually...
  25. T

Would you like "F masher" as a game option and full shared loot of monsters?

I think it is good to have a mix of automated and non-automated modes of gameplay. Players who value passivity can become crafters. Players who wish to be more active have other options. Automation, and quality of life improvements in general, come with the cost of arbitrage opportunities...