Search results

1. Redfrog

Question: At what point should you switch to a higher SIB weapon ?

I personally prefer to wait until either Hit or Damage is maxed and settle for the SIB gain on whichever skill is lower. A bit of a compromise between Oleg's extremely good advice and my wanting to claw a little extra off MA without it costing me too much ;) And NEVER use a gun that you're in...
  2. Redfrog

How to get Gremlin armor..

I'd also do the Merp missions, with looting the Grem parts as a secondary objective. I like hunting 'trax and Longu, and, while I've had many sets of arms and a few shins, I'm still trying to loot some thighs :( So, hunt stuff while watching the auctions for the bits you want - and take...
  3. Redfrog

Help: Foot Guards Choice

UL Bear feet are pretty cheap and very similar in protection (with the exception of Electrical), as are (L) ones. If you need/want the Electric protection I'd go with the (L) Zombie personally
  4. Redfrog

Which pistol to use ?

For the Argo mission I'd suggest getting a Riker UL2+A103 for tagging and damaging until they come into HG range, then using whichever Breer pistol you get a decent Hit Ability for, and hopefully have SIB with. This would probably be the P2a(L). With an A102 amp on the pistol if you can afford...
  5. Redfrog

TTed my Amp whowohwoowow

Thankfully I haven't tt-ed anything valuable. Yet. Probably 'cos I'm cautious/anal/paranoid like that (delete as appropriate ;)) Full tt L Jag footies was my biggest boo-boo. But seriously, MA changed the look of the tt and the repair terminals and their interfaces, then added a confirmation...
  6. Redfrog

Depo noob with great luck... read on.

As Lilac said, Rascal is ideal for what you enjoy hunting - Argos and Drones. Add 2B/3B/5C/6A plates to it bigger drones and 5Bs for Impact/Cut/Stab mobs and you've got a very practical setup for a lot of things. Pixie+5As (16 Impact, 7 Cut) would also be a good choice to minimise your decay...
  7. Redfrog

Question: How very odd amps are

Gratz on the 323 Blau HoF - what amp were you using? :D
  8. Redfrog

Something confuses me

Thanks for the reply, I understand where you're coming from now :) And while I also see the trends you refer to, I'm not convinced that the end will be a direct progression from the trend - it may, it may not. If you have no objection, I'd be interested in reading the coursework you've done on...
  9. Redfrog

Something confuses me

I'm interested to know if that's your opinion or you have any other information that leads you to this conclusion?
  10. Redfrog

How is this possible?

Having said all this, it's still going to cost the buyer the MU + 50.1% condition in PEDs in order to use it - the cost will be the same either way whether he repairs it or buys it repaired. The only advantage to the buyer is if he wants the sword now but doesn't mind waiting a little till the...
  11. Redfrog

Non-depositers are evil!

I started out being evil till I hit the sweat cap, then became a saint ;) However, as time goes by I find myself becoming more and more evil. I didn't intend to, it wasn't my fault, I didn't do it on purpose! They say that virtue is its own reward - and MA certainly seem to agree. Ah well, one...
  12. Redfrog

FYI: 3 days in and here's what I found

It's worth considering Jingy's suggestion - swunting @ Nea's is a good way to build up your Evader and, with a tt FAP, your Paramedic profession. Both of which are a lot more useful than you might at first think and (IMHO) worth more than the sweat ;)
  13. Redfrog

Question: Mob based ATH

...and Bob's your uncle :D Hehe, I saw your ninja edit ;)
  14. Redfrog

Question: "Trash weapon"

Exactly! If it was fun as well then everyone would sweat and no-one would deposit ;)
  15. Redfrog

Non-depositers are evil!

dj - you might wanna check your beer supplies, I think some may be missing ;)
  16. Redfrog

Question: Mystery Shots?

I sometimes see this when a mob is too close, it's as if the collision detection algorithm has decided that the mob is behind the front of my gun with the result that there is nothing in front of it, so it's the same result as shooting into thin air. It's now got to the stage where I move one...
  17. Redfrog

What was the coolest/ most valuable item..

FAP-50 SGA. I hadn't 'optimised' my gfx for the card I have so all my loot windows looked empty - the global sound told me that there was something there ;)
  18. Redfrog

A use for bodyguard armour?

Let me know if you need any (L) Bodyguard armour parts - I've got all the BPs :)
  19. Redfrog

Im thinking of joining a new soc

You could always try what Kalanen and Arokh did - get a shortlist and join each soc for a week or two and see how you like them? :)
  20. Redfrog

Help: Close Combat

Yep, the only advantage is that the old one might have gained a few minor tiers while you've been using it. Only really an advantage if you plan to tier it up though. But definitely max out all the tt melee weapons while you can as 2 other posters have already said. You might also consider an...
  21. Redfrog

Question: Auction bidding

I can imagine someone coding a bot just for the challenge but I don't see it as any more common than that. As Harvest said, it's probably someone showing their determination to win an item by responding quickly in the hope of putting you off.
  22. Redfrog

Korss H400 (L)

It is indeed :) I'd guess that you have a better chance of looting one from a higher maturity since all the Outcast/Bandit/Guard globals I had recently were bits of Tbird (L) armour.
  23. Redfrog

Im thinking of joining a new soc

Sounds like you'd fit right in! :D Give us a try :)
  24. Redfrog

How about a new creature?

Yes! Bring back Umbras and F Calamusoids first - this game needs more green boobies! :silly2:
  25. Redfrog

Jug's of Might

Meh, I thought this was a thread about Chesty! :D
Back