Search results

1. Svarog

Calypso Land Deeds - Some thought -

By EULA they are supposed to do it after 365 days of inactivity but they don't seem to enforce it strictly and, more importantly, I never heard of a case where it would happen to a holder of deeds/shares of any kind, people come back after years long break and still have their stuff intact. I...
  2. Svarog

2FA For Old Farts

Alright, here's an offline QR decoder without uploading it to anywhere - https://github.com/Joohansson/offline-qr
  3. Svarog

2FA For Old Farts

The QR code doesn't contain any information about what service/site it belongs to, there is no way to figure it out even if someone tried to.
  4. Svarog

2FA For Old Farts

Not even that, just save the picture with QR code and feed it to some tool like https://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx
  5. Svarog

How to show the keyboard map?

I can see why they removed it, it wouldn't be able to display the new complex key combos so would be a half-feature anyway.
  6. Svarog

Suggestion: Loan Contract / Deed system without collateral (enforced by system)

That would be the ultimate endgame for a couple of guys that we all know, and the end of the game for everyone else.
  7. Svarog

News: Information regarding Gold Cards

I used Authy for 6 years without a problem but can't recommend it anymore, they did shut down their desktop version a couple of days ago, and while the mobile one is still fine, it has no advantages over the alternatives anymore, and some alternatives have better UI / features. I switched to...
  8. Svarog

Consolidated Rocktropia Guide and info

Just copied waypoints for the Hell teleporters from the map for someone, so may as well post them here too: [Hell, 36966, 20497, 111, Abraxas North] [Hell, 36392, 20497, 111, Acid North] [Hell, 36392, 19406, 111, Agena North] [Hell, 35227, 19406, 111, AntiCMOS North] [Hell, 36966, 19406, 111...
  9. Svarog

Upcoming VU - teasers

The rocks on the new pics are artificially intelligent, they are just smart enough to not show it.
  10. Svarog

Running into forced wave event on Planet Toulan

You asked for it by entering the event area :). Alright, you didn't knew it's an event area, now you know. You could spawn a vehicle at the first warning and leave the area. No, you can't stop it. If it's triggered and no one does the killing, it will fail after a while, despawn the mobs and go...
  11. Svarog

Hmmm... is this even supposed to happen?

Most likely their 10 min as a mob expired (or they logged out / crashed) and the game took the control over.
  12. Svarog

Entropedia weapons

Click on the Weapons (or anything really) in the left menu to get to the full weapons table. Oops... Search does work though so you can get to individual items, but that is of little help to those who want a filtered list.
  13. Svarog

Suggestion: Make showing avatar names mandatory on PCF

You have no posting rights until you click an authorization link in your forum settings that takes you to your entropia account page then press the "confirm" button there - simple, since both sites belong to MA, their janitor will manage it after browsing Stackoverflow for 30 min. I doubt it...
  14. Svarog

Dear MA (MindArk)

Many items and upgrades, even powerful ones, could be given to sweaters without negatively affecting the overall game's balance, the problem is not there. The problem is that any improvement to sweating profession incentifies people to stay with it longer. MA needs this activity to exist so the...
  15. Svarog

Suggestion: Remove P2P trading

If we are going to remove core mechanics, why not to start with walking and running. A player that walks around instead of shooting doesn't contribute to economy. Just give a dropdown menu at login, "hunting > select mob > press F to continue". It will also come handy when the core playerbase...
  16. Svarog

Where does 50% Loot goes?

It's not possible unless your "hunts" are super short, kills-wise. If you kill at least 2-3k mobs per run, your tt return is bound to average to 70%+ even in a worst scenario. If you are only able to kill much less, hunt smaller mobs.
  17. Svarog

This will make a lot of people upset but we need this.

People withdraw all the time, MA can't care less about your profits because they don't come from MA's pocket. When you profit, you do it off other people losses, and vice versa. You don't compete with MA, they get their share regardless of your performance.
  18. Svarog

Question: How can I travel "safe" through space?

They can't take any action because they can't 100% prove that your disconnect was intentional. Just like they can't 100% prove that you are using a macro and not just mindlessly tap F while ignoring all communications. So in both cases MA chooses to do nothing. What amuzes me is people who do...
  19. Svarog

News: Entropia Pocket Update

The existence of a new version can't break functionality of yours, just like it can't break functionality of all the "unsupported" 3rd party 2FA apps, as long as MA won't come up with some entirely new incompatible sequence format, in which case they would have to reset 2fa for everyone (imagine...
  20. Svarog

Mission Galactica Stage IV questions.

If you stand on a station with your back to the exit portal, the pirate will be on the left upstairs (look for orange dot on radar in that direction). To go down to Calypso you need to select Calypso from the dropdown menu at the top of teleporter screen, and then choose a teleporter on the...
  21. Svarog

5 PED HOF (not mine)

At the time of the VU you mentioned the minimal possible global was 50 ped, but the threshold was lowered to 5 ped around 2014 (I think). And a hof is just a global big enough to get into the current top100. And that's where the catch is - the hof board is not the top100 of all globals for the...
  22. Svarog

ROI vs TT%, improving your logs, and misconceptions - a helpful guide

The original deal for CLDs was that Calypso's revenue is split 50/50 between Mindark and the FPC (that was the Caly's Planet Partner), and then FPC pays 50% out of their share (25% of total) to CLD holders. Even though FPC was absorbed by MA and the memorandum that you mentioned says "Calypso...
  23. Svarog

List of official statments pertaining to loot post 2.0

If we call the inevitable tt bleed of 3-5% while hunting on normal lands a "MA tax", then Forgo maintains the belief that a LA tax replaces MA tax when hunting on a LA, instead of being added to it. It's a church of one person though, who coincidentally happens to be a LA owner.
  24. Svarog

Next level sweating ideas

The only purpose of sweating is so the game can technically be called "free". Even if newcomers quickly realize that it's not a viable way to play if you have a life, there is a good chance that some of them stay and become depositors. So these free activities need to exists for the marketing...
  25. Svarog

Is there a chat log

Try Sublime Text, my private_chat.log alone is over 120mb and ST opens it instantly. Also heard that Notepad++ is good at opening big files but never tried that one. Press the orange button in the top left of the message center. "Create new message", it gives you an option of Mail and Sticky...
Back