Search results

1. layla54

Calypso is back by MA ......

EU_is_ the sucking sound
  2. layla54

Landgrab: Phase 1 Information

unfortunately, no sane person is going to install and rare or expensive DNA at a LA they have won for only 2 weeks, with no guarantee they can hold it. These LG's are forever doomed to crappy free-spawn mobs I fear, not good ones. Only the fertilizer and spawn levels are worth changing. I agree...
  3. layla54

the usual trick is to go to near the marker, then head towards the centre of the LA on the map and get killed by a mob. The revive is usually near the sh1t farm, don't know if they've changed it, maybe it's in the fort now? I didnt look to see if there were management terminals last nite when i...
  4. layla54

So log in, NOT

^score:5, insightful.^ That and the fact that the newer (VoIP) routers probably are a little better coded in general (not much though!) with a slightly faster CPU than the 2000-era routers. Most plastic-box CPE is pretty crappy at the best of times though. OP should try a reboot/power cycle...
  5. layla54

Very good idea at first thought BUT easily exploitable by shooting constantly into the air (if pure ammo-burn count) or shooting and endless stream of reviving noobs or vehicles or the fort damage itself (if attacking then winning - if PVP damage is counted). Maybe it could be a dice-roll...
  6. layla54

probably not that amount of spend, more like buy the kit and use it over several months for several LGs. Half of them have most of the kit anyways (and the credit card repayments to match) There's the ammo and decay defending and attacking of course, but some recent LGs have been basically...
  7. layla54

So log in, NOT

<Layla>: Selling tissues at boxes
  8. layla54

Infinite Stamina? Bug? Exploit? More stupidity from MA?

Because only two things qualify you for extra stamina:- A: You were an early supporter of the game, creating an avatar early enough. B: You earn it, legally. Anything else gives you an unfair advantage. It's a financial one. As I said in an earlier post in this thread, it's huge financial one...
  9. layla54

I don't think it. MA think it. Ask them. Name me one advantage I have over you - I challenge you. Read the (above) post first: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?207605-Infinite-Stamina-Bug-Exploit-More-stupidity-from-MA&p=2687813&viewfull=1#post2687813
  10. layla54

You call me uber? You have a higher prof level than me !!! similar here, but I started 4.5 years ago. It wasn't my decision to give you 1 Stamina to start with, it was MAs. They didn't consult me about it at all. File a support case. OT Looks like I'll get banned for an offensive post then...
  11. layla54

Whaaaat? In that case, those of us who've been here since long before that change should get and extra +8 also. Why the hell should noobs get preferential treatment over older players? I guess next you're going to say it's because you deposit more than me so you deserve it? Off-topic
  12. layla54

The cost top catch up with bug eploiters Well, I just used Jdegre's tool to calculate how much it would cost me to gain equivalent HP by gaining stamina: Gain - Cost by chipping to gain equivalent HP to the stamina gains by the exploiters 10 - 600 US$ 20 - 1700 US$ 30 - 3300...
  13. layla54

FYI: Downloading Dynamic Content Sucks :(

It's http transfer from Amazon servers, so no Bittorrent as far as I can see. edit: try reducing your "Download thread count" in the clientloader's Tools tab. @Jaywalker: maybe you're being penalized for too many connections. It could also be contention or upstream congestion. The BT 21'st...
  14. layla54

Dynamic leacher

Yep same here. I currently have 2 machines for EU, depending on which office I'm "working" in. One has downloaded the "dynamic content" 9 times already this morning, according to my ntop system. That's 14+ GB, for those who aren't yet awake. Much more of this and work are going to ask questions...
  15. layla54

What triggered 5b Plates Value to drop?

apathy too short
  16. layla54

So, what are the robots up to this time? - aug 2010 invasion

I'm not sure I understand the technical reason for all this damn chaos. Why don't they just do a dice roll and allocate the "top ubers" present at these spawns all the UL items automatically, either one each or on a chance basis, based upon time present at the spawns, pedcard level, recent...
  17. layla54

What Floats your Musical Boat, At this Very Second :)

obscure 70's Swedish Folk-Rock band - Scafell Pike_-_Skagerak do I win an ATH now?
  18. layla54

Info: Adebisi's Loot Theory

ahhh, but when should we loot it , Oh Master?
  19. layla54

Alarming Robot Presence

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6518 I've built a couple myself, cheap and reliable.
  20. layla54

Ethereal Soul Language

Gratz! It's actually (but rarely) useful, as you'll find out sooner or later. Just avoid PA or Twins lol my favorite trick is to type in "oOOooOOOooOooOooOOoooOOoo" when I die if I know there's an ESL-er around, it panics them ;)
  21. layla54

why only last shoot for kill count

That would promote 100%-lootstealing-in-advance. Simply run around putting 1 shot into every mob you see and then wait for some sucker to kill them for you so you get all the loot. 1/ The only sure way to not get Loot-KS'ed is to use a bigger gun or hunt in a team. If KSers still overpower you...
  22. layla54

why only last shoot for kill count

You have a very fair point :) ..except that some of us (most of us) can't afford the high-damage oldskool weapons, but the rest stands without qualification IMHO As long as they don't affect me directly (negatively, that is) every pec they waste in game doing their own thing is good for me, MA...
  23. layla54

Question: What Instant Messaging do use?

IRC too short+too old
  24. layla54

How many active players in EU ?

Similar here, I consume, and don't trade any more. It's rare for me to have one line in the auction, yet I buy about 4-6 items per active day. The demise of items with markup that exceeds the auction fees makes this analysis even more skewed than, say, 2006/7 times. In addition, if I _do_ have...
  25. layla54

Start? |<--->| finish?

or KDE/Fluxbox/LXDE too :)
Back