Search results

1. kira-red

Planets distance

yeah, it would be nice to know why, but I somehow think I wouldn't like the answer. after discussing it a length, over lunch two days before release, we thought that it would make it more interesting to the community to use a 2-d map to navigate 3-d space as it would promote the use of more...
  2. kira-red

Planets distance

while I agree that all planets, for the sake of fairness, should be the same distance from all other planets, this isn't possible within 3-d space. at some point, a new planet will not "fit" into the equidistant geometry. I think, though, a larger issue is using a 2-d map to express the 3-d...
  3. kira-red

How long should it take to finish a beacon mission?

while beacons were an interesting diversion, a few years back, I always thought that "level clearing", timers, and a "boss creature" was reminiscent of some 1990 arcade video game. I had always hoped that in a modern, immersive universe this sort of instanced mission would be a little more...
  4. kira-red

Day-month-year

ISO 8601 says that the standard date format is year-month-day-hour-minute-second. pretty logical, to me. but when speaking, many people say month-day, year. I'm often confused when it's just the month and day in numbers. I never know if the intention is day-month or month-day. I blame those...
  5. kira-red

Achievement: Reached 70 Psyche!

certainly. that's very impressive for one year's work.
  6. kira-red

The Hangar Owners

MA's implementation of space is resistive. this is to say that "space" has drag and requires continual "force" to traverse. of course, this is completely unrealistic. in real space, time to reach velocity is a function of acceleration which is a product of engine capacity (force) over mass...
  7. kira-red

Question: How to skill telepathy

sure. however, outside of sounding cool, telepathy doesn't really do anything useful. perhaps, that will change.
  8. kira-red

The Class system

I like EU because it doesn't have restrictions and limitation such a 'class' systems and predefined and required progression and story paths. I find games that are built in that manner to be incredibly boring and not a challenging mental exercise. as for 'hunt the thing', I didn't really...
  9. kira-red

Robot Beacon Preview Video

if I didn't already know what a beacon mission is and knew what they use to be like, I'd find the video to be completely void of any useful information. even knowing what I know, it still doesn't convey anything particularly meaningful. would it have been that hard to show a bit of what...
  10. kira-red

Do you want some faster space transport?

I had originally thought that space would be implemented with jump gates which would be restricted to larger ships. anyways, that didn't happen. as for the privateers, the original hangar ships had a trade terminal value of 2K ped. further, they had a fuel storage capacity of 500 ped of oil...
  11. kira-red

new Wave Spawn areas SUCK

this is a really good assessment. originality and creativity is noramally an excellent selling point.
  12. kira-red

new Wave Spawn areas SUCK

in all fairness, kim, this scenario actually illustrates why the concept of a "boss" creature is a poor design choice for EU. "kill stealing" has always been an issue, within EU, and certainly adding content to further promote is is not helping matters. the "boss" concept was okay on beacon...
  13. kira-red

TT any non-EU items

it's true that there was a note made saying, vaguely, that it could make a difference. although, many people tested this and noticed no significant difference. perhaps, all it did was toss a couple of extra ped into larger globals.
  14. kira-red

TT any non-EU items

yeah, that's the usual argument. however, there has never been any concrete evidence that the statement is fact.
  15. kira-red

TT any non-EU items

these things are licensed. licensing usually works the other way around. the licencee pays the license holder for the right to use elements of the aforementioned intellectual property - such as the names, likenesses, themes, etc. the idea is that by using a known brand you can draw attention...
  16. kira-red

Thirty minutes into the game

I've read through all of this and have been watching it for some time. I believe the originator is bright enough and not one of the many who are looking to get rich quick. however, this said, I also believe that his issue is really centered around what he believes the definition of a game is...
  17. kira-red

Question: What residue is needed for textures?

HA! the helicopter blueprint which actually makes a jeep which is, itself, customizable requires caldorite textures. I wonder if someone goofed and actually meant ingot rather than texture.
  18. kira-red

ooooh! the horror!

a couple of blazers?
  19. kira-red

I'll just leave this here

I know, I'm not. my first language is french. I've found that most non-native english speakers do try to be correct with their second languages. again, I know, I do. what I've found is that it is often the native speakers who confuse others through their use of slang and such. for example...
  20. kira-red

I'll just leave this here

and, ur is an ancient city in mesopotamia. also, u is a letter, not a pronoun.
  21. kira-red

Here's A Vehicle Exploit Fix

timers are a poor idea. here's a better solution: when the vtol/quad/other vehicle capable of flight, the craft is vulnerable - just like any other grounded vehicle. once it reaches a certain height, only creatures with a ranged attack will attack it. once the vehicle is beyond the ranged...
  22. kira-red

FYI: Top 100 Avatars in Entropia (2011)

dan is one of the nicest people I've come across in EU. in the years I've been here, he's always been friendly and helpful with me. sometimes, when I run across him, I just watch in awe as he cuts a path through almost anything unarmoured and usually with MF chips.
  23. kira-red

SEE Virtual Worlds announces new partnerships

coreX3d is an engine for browser games. while there is a huge market for such things, it's not the same as an interactive MMO. the information available on coreX3d is a little sketchy, and I'm unable to find what the capabilities of their platform actually is. however, they appear to be...
  24. kira-red

GZ to the Ubers

of course, I have. however, the usual complaint is player retention - both for new people and those who make up the vast bulk of the player base. development resources and effort should be allocated proportionally. it's not the same here as in most MMOs where 90% of the player-base is...
  25. kira-red

Looking for feed back on my website

I liked the red gradient to black. but, it looked awkward on the buttons. being that they're controls, it would likely be best to have them clear, easy to read, and obvious. the font on the side bar was a little difficult to read as it was quite small. otherwise, I'd say it's not bad at all...
Back